NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

29 minutes ago, ALF said:

With key injuries anything can happen,  add to that coaching is suspect.

What is seared in my mind from yesterday's game is the commentator Daryl Johnston(?) pointing out how the Vikings CB ---whom is making his NFL debut nonetheless---- provides textbook coverage, with his head turned toward the passer because he was sideways to Dawson in the endzone and breaks up the possible TD.  All the whilst reminding us that our DB's consistently keep the back of their helmet facing QB's, maintaining poor body position, thusly drawing the flags we do.

This is coaching 101. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Allen looked understandably heartbroken in his presser. 

As well as last week vs the Jets but this one, his body language was different. Particularly not looking reporters in their eyes and overall not moving like he usually does in press conferences 

Maybe I'm over analyzing here but it's clear he takes these losses hard and I think this one got to him a bit psychologically 

Back to back losses with 5 turnovers by him including 2 RZ picks is something we haven't seen since 2019.

He's either going to continue this downward spiral or be our upcoming opponents worse nightmare.  I don't see a middle ground with 17 and I love him for that. Next Sunday can't come soon enough but if he continues with the turnovers I'm going to be very concerned. 

I think all the hype. The Commercials and national exposure has put too much weight on him and our predictable and rarely used run gm doesn't help. The 1st half we ran effective and Wow, the pass gm opened up. Then , again with a lead, we barely run the ball

His inability to check the ball down which is an extension of the run gm is killing this team as well.  He had so many opportunities to hit Motor for positive yards while either getting sacked or incompletion for the 2nd straight game 

Dont really care about his emotional state. Care that he's playing like garbage 

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Dont really care about his emotional state. Care that he's playing like garbage 

His mental state can have a direct correlation on his play but I hear ya

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

On the next episode of 1000 ways to lose a football game, the Bills bring out a new way to lose it by fumbling on 1st and 10 from the 1 yard line!  The Bills continue to deliver!

I'm telling ya! I was celebrating the W. Went to have a celebratory toke of Mary Jane 

Wasn't even watching when my Cowboy fan brother alerted me. I was speechless 

7 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

How is it that Diggs knew to bat the ball down in the 1st quarter to prevent a deflection pick, but the Bills' DB's don't?

you knock down Hail Mary's at the end of the game to preserve the win. 

You make a play on a ball during a game.

I doubt Steelers pans were piling on MInkah when Gabe made a helluva play.

Cam Lewis, off the practice squad, our 3rd or 4th string S, makes a great play on the ball, Minkah Fitzpatrick like, against one of the best WR in the NFL, almost makes the pick(I thought he did in live time). 

Jeffferson made an amazing catch.  Coverage was great.  And there wasn't even a chance to knock it down. 

But go ahead and blame this loss on Cam Lewis

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Allen looked understandably heartbroken in his presser. 

As well as last week vs the Jets but this one, his body language was different. Particularly not looking reporters in their eyes and overall not moving like he usually does in press conferences 

Maybe I'm over analyzing here but it's clear he takes these losses hard and I think this one got to him a bit psychologically 

Back to back losses with 5 turnovers by him including 2 RZ picks is something we haven't seen since 2019.

He's either going to continue this downward spiral or be our upcoming opponents worse nightmare.  I don't see a middle ground with 17 and I love him for that. Next Sunday can't come soon enough but if he continues with the turnovers I'm going to be very concerned. 

I think all the hype. The Commercials and national exposure has put too much weight on him and our predictable and rarely used run gm doesn't help. The 1st half we ran effective and Wow, the pass gm opened up. Then , again with a lead, we barely run the ball

His inability to check the ball down which is an extension of the run gm is killing this team as well.  He had so many opportunities to hit Motor for positive yards while either getting sacked or incompletion for the 2nd straight game 

He looked pissed and rightfully so. It was nice to see Diggs take the blame for his mistakes during his presser. Allen takes the heat for everything and in this type of game a lot of people put it solely on his shoulders. Mistakes were made all over the field. Coaching especially. Every week I we hear McD say he trusts his guys, he didn’t trust the D to hold a 13 point lead with 10 minute left. Doesn’t trust his RBs to run the ball and picked up PS player for short yardage. Or maybe that was because he didn’t trust McKenzie returning kicks in this weather after what happened last year against the Colts. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

you knock down Hail Mary's at the end of the game to preserve the win. 

You make a play on a ball during a game.

I doubt Steelers pans were piling on MInkah when Gabe made a helluva play.

Cam Lewis, off the practice squad, our 3rd or 4th string S, makes a great play on the ball, Minkah Fitzpatrick like, against one of the best WR in the NFL, almost makes the pick(I thought he did in live time). 

Jeffferson made an amazing catch.  Coverage was great.  And there wasn't even a chance to knock it down. 

But go ahead and blame this loss on Cam Lewis

Wasn't Minkah blitzing Josh on that 98 yard play to Davis?

Crappy luck for Lewis.   He gave Jefferson 3 hands. Not Lewis' fault. 

For all the whining, one thing we shouldn’t complain about is officiating. For the most part, the zebras let them play. 
The Bills got away with a lot of holding and they’re lucky the Gabe Davis bobble wasn’t overturned.

side note-it’s a shame the Bills didn’t go after Hockenson. I wanted him for the Bills the year he was drafted. Knox is good, but not elite. Hockenson could have done for the Bills what Kelce does for the Chiefs. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Its my desktop photo- it was Minkah.  Cam went up and got it though

But in end ended up helping Jefferson with 2 more hands. Great play, crappy luck. 

1 minute ago, SoMAn said:

For all the whining, one thing we shouldn’t complain about is officiating. For the most part, the zebras let them play. 
The Bills got away with a lot of holding and they’re lucky the Gabe Davis bobble wasn’t overturned.

side note-it’s a shame the Bills didn’t go after Hockenson. I wanted him for the Bills the year he was drafted. Knox is good, but not elite. Hockenson could have done for the Bills what Kelce does for the Chiefs. 

Except... The potential game winner Knox dropped, he was being held, interfered with.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But in end ended up helping Jefferson with 2 more hands. Great play, crappy luck. 

Except... The potential game winner Knox dropped, he was being held, interfered with.

Don’t disagree, but there were a few in which Jefferson’s jersey was being grabbed and there was a fair amount of contact, but the refs let it play out. It went both ways. 
The Bills earned the loss. Jefferson burned our secondary with spectacular catches and the Bills coaching and Allen’s brain farts combined to seal the deal. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

It's far enough along in his career to see that sugar high Allen is who he is at times. He's never going to be MVP because of that, and SB champ, not sure, we'll see. You can win the SB by just getting hot in the playoffs, for MVP, need to be great for a vast majority of the season.

I got $100 that says he’ll win one.  Whatcha say mean gene?  Finally put your money where your mouth is?  

Just called Howard and Jeremy.

Why bother?

They talk about how McKenzie is wide open in the flat. 

Say what I’m saying isn’t true.

Freeze frame it guys, McKenzie is completely covered. He had 0 separation. 

The only other option Josh had was he would have had to wait until the last second to lob to Singletary because chips and releases extremely late.

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Well I don't gamble (except stock market). But it can be a forum bet of somekind I suppose.

It could take 10 years or more to know the outcome...

So you do gamble.  

Ok, loser leaves the board.  I think it’ll take 2-3 years, but never is a bet too hard to pass up.  

Dorsey is the problem.

Everyone says “Ohhh he’s a psycho he’s so competitive blah blah” well that’s the issue.

When you combine his aggressiveness with Josh’s, you get bad football. Dabol was a moderating force to Josh’s internal competitiveness.

Dorsey has been absolutely destroyed in the second half of the last 3 games. Flat out coached easily. He has no ability to adjust to what his early season offense was.

Zero running game, zero intermediate game, horrible red zone play calling (how many times are we 1st and goal from the 5ish and throw the ball every down??)

No, he doesn’t throw the pics Josh has been killing us with. BUT, he can call plays where the reads are short to deep instead of deep to short when Josh his Sugar High Josh. The job of the OC is to recognize how his QB is playing and reign him in when needed. 

Dorsey is failing. There is no need to worry about him getting poached as a HC. And THANK GOD the MVP talk is over. Who give a sht the goal is the Super Bowl not Allen’s accolades.

• Agree 5

A quick couple of things.....

Being a hopeless fan I have went through some absolute crappy seasons with this team. Losing the 4 straight during the non internet era (Yes children there was a time where we could not pull any information right there and then!) was a blessing as being in the navy I was not local in the Buffalo area, so I did not get to see many games but the playoffs. Now being able to watch, I only did so casually during the drought. I am a diehard hockey fan, but not a diehard football fan. I love the Bills, but do not love football. I can take it or leave it. I am always brought back to the never ending train wreck that seem to be the Bills. Even after last week, i found out that we were on TV in NJ and there i was in my Allen jersey watching another Bills disaster. (This time i did not destroy my new cell phone!) Some thoughts on this team:

- Our defense front 4 has not dominated in over a month. In fact they have been pushed around like they are not on the field. If they played a bit better then out depleted secondary would not look so bad. If i was given as much time the opposing QBs got i could make a completion.

- Poor play calling and or coaching decisions and or poor Allen decisions, or all 3. Since we will never know unless we are in the game just take your pick. 

- Allen needs a sport psychologist. Something is in his head as he sometimes looks like an awesome QB, now sometimes he looks like a rookie. These last 2 losses he is partly to blame either way.

- Secondary. You cannot really blame them. Most of them are not even supposed to be on the field. They are doing their best and are making rookie mistakes because they are not supposed to be on the field, not to mention all together are the same time!

And lastly, I can watch the Sabres lose day after day as I love Hockey. I enjoy wearing one of my 20 + Sabres jerseys and win or lose enjoy the game. The Bills, not so much. Hoping this train wreck is not on national tv much more so i can skip this disappointment of a team and can just add this year of despair to the many others we (i know i am not the only one) have endured.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.