NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

This was by far the most selfish play of the season.  How can a guy with two hands on the ball allow the receiver with one hand and falling down catch it.  It was both stupid and selfish.  Like who is coaching out DB'S this happened two seasons ago against Cardinals. Look at the picture,  he is trying for an interception on 4 & 18.

image.thumb.png.31ba755dc660fcc046aa0da396fbb66f.png

He has one hand on the ball the hand on top is Justin Jefferson. Cam Lewis hand is behind it. 

Well done…

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I am assuming Allen would have found a way to pick up a few yards on one of them to be able to simply kneel and end the game 

Oh I agree. I’m saying the most dangerous thing to happen in shotgun is 3 incompletions and we burn 10ish seconds. 

19 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just once when the Bills are involved in "the most incredible game ever!" I would like it to be a win.

How many "best games" of ------- are we going to lose?

That's what I've been thinking.  Is there just one of these "best games" that we've won?  All the nickname games I can think of we've lost in spectacular fashion.  This one's just lacking a nickname so far.

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

Oh I agree. I’m saying the most dangerous thing to happen in shotgun is 3 incompletions and we burn 10ish seconds. 

Yeah...I mean theoretically they may have been afraid of a holding penalty in the end zone which would have led to a safety

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just once when the Bills are involved in "the most incredible game ever!" I would like it to be a win.

How many "best games" of ------- are we going to lose?

It's like the league needs us for exciting games. We just don't get to win any.

7 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I didn't watch. How bad was the last INT? 

Just as bad as the first one. And just as bad as the 2 last week. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

That's what I've been thinking.  Is there just one of these "best games" that we've won?  All the nickname games I can think of we've lost in spectacular fashion.  This one's just lacking a nickname so far.

So many errors that it is going to be tough to come up with a nickname for this one.  definitely worse regular season loss of McDermott era

1. the snap

2. Jefferson catch

3. elbowgate 

4. The collapse. 

26 minutes ago, akcash said:

I'm sry I missed game and watched replay and kind of didn't get the full gist. Serious question bc I missed it... what quarter and how much time left when we didn't kick fg?

It was the 4th quarter with about 10.5 minutes left. Bills led 27-17 at the time. It was 4th and 2 from the Min 8.

I guess Peterson got revenge for being smoked by Diggs for the game winning TD against the Cards before the Hail Murray game.

Come to think of it. How about we just not play against Patrick Peterson anymore. Two crazy losses against his teams.

Edited by Big Turk

37 minutes ago, akcash said:

I'm sry I missed game and watched replay and kind of didn't get the full gist. Serious question bc I missed it... what quarter and how much time left when we didn't kick fg?

That whole series was astonishing.  2nd and 2.   Why they don’t run the ball at least once kills me.   Run it twice.  Keep the clock moving.  Get your field goal at a minimum.   Could have been up 13 with about 8 minutes to play.  Not ideal but would have taken that all day long at the start of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How exciting that the Bills have played in the Game of the Year the past two years.

Exciting isn't the word to describe the fact the Bills lost them both.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is not a good look.

Another topic:

Does Jefferson run crazy like that against our first teamers?  White, Hyde, Poyer, and even Elam would all have made a huge difference.  And losing Edmunds for the second half really hurt the ability to control their TE on the short routes.  Sure, injuries happen to all teams, but when so many happen to one area of the defense, it just plain hurts the team.

Thank heavens Milano is back.  That guy is critically important to the overall defense.  

Edited by Utah John

24 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

That whole series was astonishing.  2nd and 2.   Why they don’t run the ball at least once kills me.   Run it twice.  Keep the clock moving.  Get your field goal at a minimum.   Could have been up 13 with about 8 minutes to play.  Not ideal but would have taken that all day long at the start of the game. 

Exactly.  No issue with going for it on 4th.  But they called three straight dropback passes after having second and goal from the 2, with a 10-point lead.  Fireable offense, and it’s not the first time sh*t like this has happened the last three weeks.

I have a theory; what if part of this season's issues with picks is due to Davis being given the WR2 role.

Now hear me out; at least 2 or 3 of the recent picks were likely targets for Davis who was no where near the throw. 

We all know that Diggs will improvise on the fly and that he and Josh have a similar way of seeing the game thus rarely having issues when Diggs uses a built-in or freelance audible. 

Last year Beasley was, for all intensive purposes, the WR2 with all the privileges and freedoms with the job. For instance Beasley commonly would find soft spots in zone coverage that may or may not of been even game planned exactly. After all, no OC can account to any possible permutation of the defense, weather, and acts of random chance.

This year Davis has taken the role on and has struggled mightily. Either Davis and Allen don't read the game the same way or Davis is just consistently bad at it. When Davis was hurt, Allen played far more intelligently and spread the ball around. Davis's return has led to Allen using him akin to how he uses Diggs however Diggs is a master of route running and manipulation whereas Davis is not.

On the final play, Davis read the defense apparently and ran at an angle deep into the endzone even though both Diggs and another WR/TE was already in that area as well. Allen read the coverage and thought Davis would cross flat along the goal line since the other two already had the deep portion covered which would put him 1v1 at worst hence the bullet-esc throw. Allen trusts, and likely shouldn't to be honest at this point, to be there in the clutch like he was against KC or Indy in the playoffs and, sort of was, getting the tying FG at the end of the 4th Quarter.

Allen's throw was not a bad pass that fell short or a pass where a DB jumped the route like the endzone pick earlier in the game where he didn't see; or believe Peterson could get from his spot near the sidelines to in front of Knox. He gunned a ball at a spot specifically which so happened to only have a Viking there with Davis angling deeper.

As for not taking the checkdown to the RB, he saw a knockout punch to his many time effective TD threat over trusting his RB to make the play. (Granted Allen may still feel uneasy by the earlier "fumble" by Singeltary and his penchant for drops in key moments.) 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I have a theory; what if part of this season's issues with picks is due to Davis being given the WR2 role.

Now hear me out; at least 2 or 3 of the recent picks were likely targets for Davis who was no where near the throw. 

We all know that Diggs will improvise on the fly and that he and Josh have a similar way of seeing the game thus rarely having issues when Diggs uses a built-in or freelance audible. 

Last year Beasley was, for all intensive purposes, the WR2 with all the privileges and freedoms with the job. For instance Beasley commonly would find soft spots in zone coverage that may or may not of been even game planned exactly. After all, no OC can account to any possible permutation of the defense, weather, and acts of random chance.

This year Davis has taken the role on and has struggled mightily. Either Davis and Allen don't read the game the same way or Davis is just consistently bad at it. When Davis was hurt, Allen played far more intelligently and spread the ball around. Davis's return has led to Allen using him akin to how he uses Diggs however Diggs is a master of route running and manipulation whereas Davis is not.

On the final play, Davis read the defense apparently and ran at an angle deep into the endzone even though both Diggs and another WR/TE was already in that area as well. Allen read the coverage and thought Davis would cross flat along the goal line since the other two already had the deep portion covered which would put him 1v1 at worst hence the bullet-esc throw. Allen trusts, and likely shouldn't to be honest at this point, to be there in the clutch like he was against KC or Indy in the playoffs and, sort of was, getting the tying FG at the end of the 4th Quarter.

Allen's throw was not a bad pass that fell short or a pass where a DB jumped the route like the endzone pick earlier in the game where he didn't see; or believe Peterson could get from his spot near the sidelines to in front of Knox. He gunned a ball at a spot specifically which so happened to only have a Viking there with Davis angling deeper.

As for not taking the checkdown to the RB, he saw a knockout punch to his many time effective TD threat over trusting his RB to make the play. (Granted Allen may still feel uneasy by the earlier "fumble" by Singeltary and his penchant for drops in key moments.) 

He forced that pass at the end …

I said elsewhere that the pass before the Int to Knox was beautiful… so that could have been the walk off win…

But I can’t make excuses for the game ending pass … you gotta have more patience …live for the next play unless 4th down or the clock had run down 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.