NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Hey Success, show me where the Ravens lose a game the rest of the way

:: Glances at Baltimore’s remaining slate :: Oof.  Or them.  

They would have to do something really stupid to choke a game away, like pin a 4th and 18 throw right to the receiver’s mitts, or go for it while up 10 in easy FG range.

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Hey Success, show me where the Ravens lose a game the rest of the way

They have one of the easier schedules.  But we're tied w/ them now in record, and have the head-to-head.

The Bengals can for sure beat them.  Browns will give them a fight. They're not that dominating.

33 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Ok, but it goes beyond Lewis’ error as well but there is a real fixation on it.

Absolutely. For me it was the abandonment of the run game, that really gets my goat. It was an absolute comedy of bad decisions, poor calls and inexplicably tone deaf coaching.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They should have simply shotgun snapped it and let Allen run out wide and throw it away if nothing was available. On 3 plays, Allen would have found the 2 or 3 yards they needed to be able to kneel down and end the game.

Fumble occurred with 41 seconds. Rolling Allen out and two incomplete passes. Likely at least erases 6 seconds off the clock. At which point you can either try and pass for the first and lose another 3 seconds, run the ball, or run out of the end zone so we are kicking off/punting with less than 30 seconds on the clock. 

I decided to wait before posting so I didn't have some dumb knee jerk reaction.

I'm worried about our defense. We desperately need our starters back and that includes White. I know they aren't bring held out on purpose or that they are "saving them" for meaningful games but man, we can only do so much with 6 starters out and 6th round picks making up our DBs. 

Not taking anything away from them. They've pretty much have done better than a your can ask but, we are getting closer to December football and we need our guys back. 

I hope it's soon

18 minutes ago, Success said:

I didn't think I'd feel bad so much this season.

But all is not lost.  The #1 seed seems like such a requirement - and it's hardly out of reach - but who knows.  It seems like half the time teams look bad for stretches during a season, squeak into the playoffs, get hot and become the team to beat.

I think adversity CAN be good for a team, if it doesn't ruin them. Really favorable schedule coming up.  The 2 toughest games are home, against teams that would have to sweep us for the season (kind of unlikely), and then a series of teams that on paper, should be W's for the Bills.  Hoping for a strong run here.

Please stop with the favorable schedule baloney.  After the past two seasons you should have learned we can lose to any team on any week.   

We need to win a damn football game before you even talk about going on a run.  Right now we just blew the first seating in the conference for home field advantage, and we are 3rd in the division, 7th in the AFC playoff seating.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Please stop with the favorable schedule baloney.  After the past two seasons you should have learned we can lose to any team on any week.   

We need to win a damn football game before you even talk about going on a run.  Right now we just blew the first seating in the conference for home field advantage, and we are 3rd in the division, 7th in the AFC playoff seating.  

Nothing I said about the schedule is wrong, and I hardly guaranteed a run.

It was a mildly hopeful post. I get that it isn't the most welcome sentiment after a game like today, but I'm not the kind of fan to go into instant doom & pronouncements that the #1 seed is completely unattainable now.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

not selfishness— it was instinct. It was a great play on the ball.  Sure, with hindsight, I am sure he would like to have batted down. But it was a good play. Jefferson made a better one. 

I don't think it was selfish either...It was inexcusable lack of situational awareness...The need for hindsight literally means he was not properly Coached in that situation...If the Coaches did not warn them before that play to knock the f'ing ball down they are derelict in duty...You can't just instinct your way into a dumb decision like that if it's drilled into your head what the high probability play is...The INT does nothing there...Batting the ball away is ball game. If he made that great of an effort to catch the ball, it's actually easier to knock it away...As it was it took a miraculous effort by Jefferson, with the luck of the ball not hitting the ground as he fell because it looked like it came down on Lewis foot...That's how much luck it took...So the probability is near zero if the the second he sees the ball coming to him he knows to bat it tf down...

It's completely inexcusable...But admittedly I'm pretty pissed right now...B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, WNY said:

Bills Mobile: Von Miller: "Adversity Builds Character"

This guy gets it! I appreciate the veteran leadership this guys exemplifies. 

The players don’t need built in defence mechanisms like some posters, this team will rebound and string together some impressive wins.

The expectations and the opening two games really set people up for a fall, almost every team in history struggles for at least one stretch of their season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Fumble occurred with 41 seconds. Rolling Allen out and two incomplete passes. Likely at least erases 6 seconds off the clock. At which point you can either try and pass for the first and lose another 3 seconds, run the ball, or run out of the end zone so we are kicking off/punting with less than 30 seconds on the clock. 

I am assuming Allen would have found a way to pick up a few yards on one of them to be able to simply kneel and end the game 

• Like (+1) 2

This was by far the most selfish play of the season.  How can a guy with two hands on the ball allow the receiver with one hand and falling down catch it.  It was both stupid and selfish.  Like who is coaching out DB'S this happened two seasons ago against Cardinals. Look at the picture,  he is trying for an interception on 4 & 18.

image.thumb.png.31ba755dc660fcc046aa0da396fbb66f.png

• Eyeroll 1

Just when I think 13 seconds can't be topped, McDermott proves us wrong, then after today when I think McDermott can't stoop any lower after today's debacle he has a cringe worthy dumpster fire press conference where he answers every question with "I believe"... 

Then due to his bizare answers he gets asked an obvious question: "It's pretty clear your message is belief, you said that a number of times. Are you at all concerned or part of your concern that your team can now lose belief in itself"

McDermott nods and responds: "Well that's part of that's part of it..." then talks about how the league and season tests you. 

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxG7d9vgyKaWQm9oNIjdl1PNNW47e-GEHV

Is this guy out of his mind???? Is he serious???? This clown just admitted hes concerned the team is going to lose belief in themselves and not in a challenging motivating way, in a solemn reflecting way. 

Our coach just said in a press conference the is concerned this team is going to lose belief in itself.

Poor leadership. 

• Agree 2

I'd have to agree w/ other posters on that 4th & 18 - but I also have to put that a lot on the coaches.

That's what situational coaching is - and this wasn't a very nuanced situation.  It's totally simple at the end of a game:  if it's 4th down, you knock the ball down. Period.  That's it.  They should be emphasizing that in practice, and that has to be reinforced before that drive even begins.

That's the difference between a win & a loss right there. It's not enough to gameplan well.  Situational awareness doesn't just happen with players - it is coached.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

How is it that Diggs knew to bat the ball down in the 1st quarter to prevent a deflection pick, but the Bills' DB's don't?

How the flip doesn’t the entire D and staff know that y’all don’t go for deep interceptions on ANY 4th down!!!!?  Wth. That’s so brain dead I can’t wrap my head around it. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.