NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s hard to know how to feel.

The ball was whistling today, he showed no signs.

3rd-16 and he converts, 3rd-17 and he converts, he has two huge runs, and all that good is wiped out with two rookie level throws.

This team really needs to run the ball and steady this offense out. Like actually stick with it ALL game long.

They have 4 capable backs now, 4 backs!

They don't need to run the ball, just stop doing dumb things.

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can anyone explain what the point of trading for Hines was? He’s a good returner but I thought his value was his role with the offense. We targeted once the entire game and I honestly don’t remember him being on the field for more than just that play. 

Not to mention we make no effort to get Cook the ball in space but we manage to give Duke the ball twice? Help it make sense to me. 

You get players like Cook and Hines and seemingly have no plan for either. What was even the point?

Can we also talk about how Beane is HORRENDOUS with 2nd round picks. His best player is Groot. 

The rest? Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, and James Cook. A collection of guys who see the field on occasion but fail to make any meaningful difference. 

I made the point today during the game and I feel like it was misunderstood…you have 6 RBs active. 1 Is a KR, one is a PR, one is a gunner and they are somehow not the same guy. How the ***** do you justify having these guys being so specialized? If this T. Jones is a no question asked game day roster staple and has no chance of playing a down at a real position: then he better be all 3 of those things. Also why did we trade for Hines to use him never on offense? Why did we draft Cook in the second round to give him 3 touches a game? Why did we bring up Duke to return ***** punts? Come on. We are the only team that still worries so much about STs. STs is for the guys that can’t play a real position. The only guys they should be able to be STs only are K/P/LS. We dedicate all these assets to STs and we aren’t even good at it. There’s almost never a return anymore and when there are it’s a penalty. STs are being phased out of the league. Stop wasting all these roster spots Christ.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

He is definitely not the same quarterback as last year, that is for sure. Unfortunately his mental game is falling apart and I just hope that they have enough wins to grab a wild card.

Don't you remember Josh's 2021 games vs Jets (2nd one), Atlanta, NE (1st one), Indy and Jax?  Short memory, every season has it's peaks and valleys.  Step off the ledge

He's on pace for 5300 yards passing (3rd in league), 37 TD passes (2nd in league), 899 yards rushing (24th in league and this includes RBs) and 7.5 rushing TDs - yeah he's horrible.  If you don't do the math thing, that's 6,200 total yards (which would shatter the NFL record held by Drew Brees by 600+ yards) and 45 total td's.  I hear the 2023 QB draft class is epic. start scouting it for us

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They don't need to run the ball, just stop doing dumb things.

Greg Cosell has said that running the the ball steadies the offense, we don’t need to become the Cleveland Browns, I’m not advocating that.

But how is chucking it constantly working for us the past two weeks?

Only the Bills seem to run for two TDs early and then completely ignore it for an entire half. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Earned several benefits of the doubt? What does this even mean?

How many examples of bad coaching have we been subjected to?

How many playoff heartbreaks?

How long and to what degree do these "benefits of the doubt" last? Do they expire, or can he use on each year he fails to get this team to meet their expectations? Maybe he uses two if they miss the playoffs entirely?

This team has a window, and you could argue this is year number three of that window. So, to me...I am not giving the coach anymore get out of jail free cards because some people think he's "earned" them. To heck with all of that 

Expectations were SB or bust. Not even winning the division or making the playoffs is inexcusable. 

I’m not responsible for the hiring and firing of the Bills coaching staff but I can tell you right now the guy turned us from a joke into a super bowl favorite. He’s not going anywhere. He can probably miss the playoffs 3 straight years without being in danger of being fired. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

And yet how do you explain the offenses being the one who lost us the game again.

Offense put up 30 points.  

I said this earlier in the year, if our offense puts up 23+ points, we should win a game.  Offense put up 27 before the last second field goal to push it to OT

• Agree 1

Greg Cosell has said that running the the ball steadies the offense, we don’t need to become the Cleveland Browns, I’m not advocating that.

Only the Bills seem to run for two TDs early and then completely ignore it for an entire half. 

Maybe because every 2nd half run other than Allen was stuffed or under a 2 yard gain?

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I *believe* he expected Davis to cross the face of his defender and stay flat but instead Davis attempted to turn it up field.

Even so, it was a low percentage throw, especially when he had 10+ yards of free running room and may have scored on the play.

Davis absolutely needs to be between the defender and the QB on that route, or he's not open. But Allen had plenty of time to see that it didn't happen, so I don't know why he threw it.

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don’t get this Cook experiment.

You listen to this media and this coaching staff try to explain what they are trying to accomplish running the ball and it’s a test-tube, lab experiment, off a 207-step process.

Thats why I said during the game, this team just refuses to turn around and hand the ball off. They just can’t bring themselves to do it.

To be honest when I watch Cook he doesnt look like the player they drafted him to be.   He was supposed to be some sort of receiving back with explosive speed, but I feel like his burst and game speed are not even as fast as Motor's. 

• Eyeroll 1

2nd and 2 from the 4 and we throw 3 straight passes = inexcusable.  They tried something "cute" with a middle screen to knox on 2nd down and stupid plays 3rd and 4th.  Run the fkn ball 3 straight times with Josh, or Duke, you will get 2 yards....promise.  Dorsey outhinking himself.  Daboll would do the same to be honest.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can anyone explain what the point of trading for Hines was? He’s a good returner but I thought his value was his role with the offense. We targeted once the entire game and I honestly don’t remember him being on the field for more than just that play. 

Not to mention we make no effort to get Cook the ball in space but we manage to give Duke the ball twice? Help it make sense to me. 

You get players like Cook and Hines and seemingly have no plan for either. What was even the point?

Can we also talk about how Beane is HORRENDOUS with 2nd round picks. His best player is Groot. 

The rest? Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, and James Cook. A collection of guys who see the field on occasion but fail to make any meaningful difference. 

Groot was a first bit a second but your point remains - roaster management is a real issue.  They activated SIX rbs today - Jones, Cook, Gil, Duke, Motor and Hines.  Yet they did not run the ball in the second half AT ALL up 17.  What are you activating them for?

They keep drafting and signing d-linemen for a rotation that is unable to impact games.

As you said they traded for Hines and won’t use him - unless he was hurt, the OT drive would’ve been the perfect time to feature him with the safeties deep to prevent a big play.

You really have to wonder if the coaches and GM are on the same page at all right now, it’s downright bizarre.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

To be honest when I watch Cook he doesnt look like the player they drafted him to be.   He was supposed to be some sort of receiving back with explosive speed, but I feel like his burst and game speed are not even as fast as Motor's. 

Cook not being a starter on his college team may have been a red flag?? In saying that, he hasn't been giving a chance here.  Hines to follow in his footsteps

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Singletary is a pretty good receiver, but they never throw him the ball anymore. Instead the draft Cook and trade for Hines. It's silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not responsible for the hiring and firing of the Bills coaching staff but I can tell you right now the guy turned us from a joke into a super bowl favorite. He’s not going anywhere. He can probably miss the playoffs 3 straight years without being in danger of being fired. 

If that's how this organization operates...that they only care about fielding a competitive roster and aren't committed to being the best...then that's not a franchise I wish to support.

Hopefully we don't have to find out, but I actually do think McD could very well be on a very hot seat depending how this season ultimately goes

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.