NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Do you even watch the games or just come on here afterwards to complain?.  Miller had his normal 2 high impact plays today, per usual, including a crucial sack. Last week he had a strip sack/recovered fumble that could have turned the game around.  8 sacks in 9 games (which equates to over 15 sacks in a 17 game season).  Not sure what more you want from him. Please do elaborate......

Miller had a huge sack late in the game

14 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The team had 15 different chances to win that game.

They went 0-15.

Not closing games is a major problem. I don't see how this team wins 4 straight potentially close playoff games.

If they don't turn it around immediately, we won't have to worry about it.

Agreed... the last couple games it just fees like the other teams are making all the tough, contested plays.  While the Bills seems to be just out hustled more often than not.    They make some plays... but at THE most critical time... they fall short. 

11 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

At least the bills are as bad as the  Sabres.  gonna be playing before empty arena downtown at this rate.  Feels like last decade again.

nah - we were all thrilled when the Sabres were 6-3.  The Bills are 6-3 and half of the board says we're not even making the playoffs 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

He is definitely not the same quarterback as last year, that is for sure. Unfortunately his mental game is falling apart and I just hope that they have enough wins to grab a wild card.

He is. This is exactly the Josh we saw against the Jags, the Colts, the Patriots in the wind game (ok, perhaps unfair), the first half of the Bucs and the Falcons.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dan said:

Agreed... the last couple games it just fees like the other teams are making all the tough, contested plays.  While the Bills seems to be just out hustled more often than not.    They make some plays... but at THE most critical time... they fall short. 

I don't know, those two goal line stands seemed like big plays at critical times. More like Allen blew it. Twice.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I wish people would stop using injuries as an excuse. They will never be as healthy as they were last year and every single team has them. Just stop it already with the excuses. This team is mentally weak from top to bottom

Should have replaced and moved on from Frazier,  he coaches not to lose.  That 13 secs is not excusable 

Just now, Dan said:

No killer instinct. Does McD seem like a guy with killer instinct? You take on the personality of your coach. Maybe unfortunately McD is a good to get you better but not good enough to get over the hump. I don’t know. 

Can anyone explain what the point of trading for Hines was? He’s a good returner but I thought his value was his role with the offense. We targeted once the entire game and I honestly don’t remember him being on the field for more than just that play. 

Not to mention we make no effort to get Cook the ball in space but we manage to give Duke the ball twice? Help it make sense to me. 

You get players like Cook and Hines and seemingly have no plan for either. What was even the point?

Can we also talk about how Beane is HORRENDOUS with 2nd round picks. His best player is Groot. 

The rest? Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, and James Cook. A collection of guys who see the field on occasion but fail to make any meaningful difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vincec said:

I don't know, those two goal line stands seemed like big plays at critical times. More like Allen blew it. Twice.

Exactly.  But then they follow those plays up with complete fails... fumble for a td... 4th and 23.  And on and on the woes go 

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Do you even watch the games or just come on here afterwards to complain?.  Miller had his normal 2 high impact plays today, per usual, including a crucial sack. Last week he had a strip sack/recovered fumble that could have turned the game around.  8 sacks in 9 games (which equates to over 15 sacks in a 17 game season).  Not sure what more you want from him. Please do elaborate......

Maybe I’m being harsh. Just expected him to really boost the D Line and have the QBs plus the running game under constant pressure and stress. As it is, sometimes it feels like they’re still executing plays far too easily from the off. 

Everyone’s saying the coaches are expecting Josh to carry the Offense. Perhaps I’m being hypocritical in expecting Miller to carry a depleted defense.

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

No killer instinct. Does McD seem like a guy with killer instinct? You take on the personality of your coach. Maybe unfortunately McD is a good to get you better but not good enough to get over the hump. I don’t know. 

Even worse than out hustled or no killer instict we seem to make dumb plays.  The exact opposite of what you should do.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I wish people would stop using injuries as an excuse. They will never be as healthy as they were last year and every single team has them. Just stop it already with the excuses. This team is mentally weak from top to bottom

No Hyde, no White, no Poyer, no Rousseau, no Edmunds (our defensive issues today really started when he was withdrawn)… any defense is going to have issues missing that calibre of player. But, at the same time, the brain fades seem to be everywhere.

34 minutes ago, Process said:

Can't get over this. Lewis literally pins the ball to Jeffersons hand. 

If lewis just stops and watches the play unfold Jefferson just drops it. He didn't even have to do anything. 

What a ***** moron. 

My son was saying the same thing - if Lewis didn't even exist there, the ball is prob just overthrown

Truly unbelievable to play back so many critical, unbelievable plays that would have charged the outcome

• Agree 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Brady just showed again with his latest comeback, take short throws, 7 yards, 6 yards, 8 yards. The Vikings were giving you anything you wanted underneath.

Josh just going for kill shots. 

With Allen- take the short one, not there qb run. Fake the short and go deep. So many options but they insist on long developing, side line plays or the deep middle. 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can anyone explain what the point of trading for Hines was? He’s a good returner but I thought his value was his role with the offense. We targeted once the entire game and I honestly don’t remember him being on the field for more than just that play. 

Not to mention we make no effort to get Cook the ball in space but we manage to give Duke the ball twice? Help it make sense to me. 

You get players like Cook and Hines and seemingly have no plan for either. What was even the point?

Can we also talk about how Beane is HORRENDOUS with 2nd round picks. His best player is Groot. 

The rest? Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, and James Cook. A collection of guys who see the field on occasion but fail to make any meaningful difference. 

Everything with staff seems like it moves an molasses pace.  Which is ok when they’re winning…

But now people are justifiably asking what is going on with Tre, why does RD2 pick Cook touch the ball so little, why did we trade for Hines…

Its like they want a half a season ramp up for everyone. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

We are out 3 pro bowl/all-pro players in the secondary.  That is absolutely hurting us.  Its an excuse as to why QBs are able to throw up 50/50 balls and actually complete most of them.  This game isnt even close if we have Poyer and White playing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.