NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean, why not take the intentional safety after running out 10 or so seconds?

That error cost the game 

Why not successfully execute the snap and have a player (see:  Davis, Gilliam) help push you from behind for a 1 or 2 yard gain - just like the last 10 QB sneaks that we ran.  

Best case. Get enough room to take a knee and win the game.  

Worst case:  Get stopped for a safety.  Even that is not the end of the world and it is actually a strategy used successfully in the past.  After the safety punt it high and deep, cover the punt, and trust the defense to finish it.  The Vikes had no timeouts.  

3 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Let’s see what Jim Kelly is up to.  Maybe bring in Bruce Smith to run the defense too 🙄

Not the same.  Reich is a proven OC and did ok as an HC.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Same mindset of the people that just say “we’ll be back” when you lose in the playoffs. People were probably thinking at in 99. You never know if or when you’ll be back. Keep pissing away chances at having home field advantage. You aren’t going to KC in the playoffs and winning. That’s why these losses matter

A big part of the mission, this year, was to get that home field advantage!  Make Mahomes do what he's never done before: play a playoff game on the ROAD.

There's a reason that was the mission.

Losing on November 13th directly relates to losing in January.

There are always going to be blindly rationalizing Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Just get in the playoffs and wins 3 or 4 in a row. This team is highly capable of doing that. 

Getting into the playoffs is why we should care about two embarrassing losses in November. I know they're capable of doing it, but they sure haven't shown it the past two weeks.

23 minutes ago, boater said:

Motor is an average RB. Middle of the road. 50 percentile.

If you imagine your team a Superbowl contender, he's not good enough.

I agree, when you look back at Thurmanator you can easily see the difference, a RB that can carry a whole team. Then you have Singletary who is average at everything and should be a backup RB. 

I think Hines is the better blocker, pass catcher, ball security and has that game breaking speed. Once he learns the playbook he needs to be the starter.

5 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

OBJ is not coming to Buffalo. Buffalo may have been the favorite but he will probably go to Dallas. No state tax and closer to his home. 

OBJ really isn't the answer to help this team over the hump. The Bills need a healthy degense and an offensive game plan that stinks with the run and takes what the defenses gives them. That was the formula that win them games early in the season. 

• Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Just get in the playoffs and wins 3 or 4 in a row. This team is highly capable of doing that. 

I don’t care about losses as much as I care about how the team played.

I am more proud of a gutsy loss with numerous starters out (vs Miami) than I am about a win that we we’re getting blown out or barely held on to get (Ravens).

19 minutes ago, Draconator said:

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There are no excuses for the last two losses.

I can agree with both of these statements, they are not mutually exclusive. 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Mahomes 2nd/3rd string RB McKinnon- 8 targets. 6 receptions.  56 yards

Allen 1st string RB - 2 targets. 1 reception 0 yards

I was screaming at the TV for 17 to check it down on at least 5 throws. I think all were for negative or zero yards. Unacceptable 

And that’s the difference. PM is better than JA. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, boater said:

Motor is an average RB. Middle of the road. 50 percentile.

If you imagine your team a Superbowl contender, he's not good enough.

If it was 1987, you might have a point.  He is average.

In 2022?  It doesn't matter.

Can definitely still win a SB with him.

What we REALY need, tough, is an elite QB.  There's the rub.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, when you look back at Thurmanator you can easily see the difference, a RB that can carry a whole team. Then you have Singletary who is average at everything and should be a backup RB. 

I think Hines is the better blocker, pass catcher, ball security and has that game breaking speed. Once he learns the playbook he needs to be the starter.

Singletary was phenomenal in pass protection today. 

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

If you cant execute a center-QB exchange in that situation, tell me what play there is in the play book that works? Even an intentional safety needs ball snapped.

Total failure of simple execution. The fumble appears to be on Allen because it was a good snap. It's the kind of thing you see in high school not the pros.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Dorsey is showing how green he is.  I would suggest to bring in a former OC (Frank) to help him with the game plans and play calls.  Whatever adjustments he has done, at halftime, in the past three games has done squat.   He abandons the run too quickly.  Singletary had a solid day.   When a head burn some clock.  The short pass game disappeared.  This team has the talent to score in the 30s.  The defense has crashed to earth.   Frazier should be gone after this season.   I have seen his defenses come up short in pressure situations.  

I think the short passing is on JA, it is certainly open almost every play but he refused to make those throws today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.