NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Process said:

We had 4 receivers running routes on the final play. When the ball left Josh's hand three of them were in the end zone . 

We were on the 20 yard line. 

It was second down. 

We needed 10 yards. 

Had plenty of time. And two timeouts. 

Wtf is Dorsey doing?

Of course you could also make the case it was genius because it left singletary wide open underneath on a check down for what would likely be a first down. And then we get back to Allen playing like absolute garbage the last 2.5 games. 

What a mess.

Wtf is Dorsey doing you ask? A poor job.

Sad to say that this absurdly brutal loss doesn’t sting as much.  

When we lost to the Dolphins and Jets, they hurt because I felt we had this Super Bowl favorite, and the 1 seed was so important. 

Now.. we’re just in the mix with everyone else, likely chasing KC… again. 

This year has played out the same way last year did.  Start out hot, beat KC, visions of the 1 seed and then flounder to the point playoffs are in question and have to hope the switch flips at some point. 

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I was at the 6-3 game.  Took my young (at the time) son and I had to explain to him afterwards that going to games really was fun.  

There should be a support group for the brave yet scarred souls who endured that game live

"Hi, I'm stevewin and I was also at the 6-3 Browns game"

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’ve been super critical of McBeane.

I think you are wrong here. Allen has been a player who has refused to take what the defense has given him forever. He’s been trying to squeeze in ill-advised throws deep since he first took a snap in the NFL. Allen’s struggles the last 3 weeks have all been his refusal to throw underneath or see the field. 

We have seen tons of second half JA17

So for four seasons he was near perfect when it came to INT'S in the redzone because of what exactly? You're telling me he just got lucky up until now?

This doesn't pass the smell test with the data we have seen over his career

19 minutes ago, Process said:

We had 4 receivers running routes on the final play. When the ball left Josh's hand three of them were in the end zone . 

We were on the 20 yard line. 

It was second down. 

We needed 10 yards. 

Had plenty of time. And two timeouts. 

Wtf is Dorsey doing?

Of course you could also make the case it was genius because it left singletary wide open underneath on a check down for what would likely be a first down. And then we get back to Allen playing like absolute garbage the last 2.5 games. 

What a mess.

I do think we need some balance here. We put up 30 points. Josh looked far more like himself in a positive sense today than he did in the hellhole of next last week. He threw two gatbage interceptions plus had a horrible fumble (though the playcall was horrendous there) but he also made some fantastic plays as well. Would I say he was absolute garbage this week? Probably not. Not at his best and cost us the game but not absolute garbage.

ETA - if he looks really bad next week, this will be a sadly karmic post.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

When we lost to the Dolphins and Jets, they hurt because I felt we had this Super Bowl favorite, and the 1 seed was so important. 

This year has played out the same way last year did.  Start out hot, beat KC, visions of the 1 seed and then flounder to the point playoffs are in question and have to hope the switch flips at some point. 

Technically we are still the betting favorites to win the Superbowl. But right now it feels like we are much more of a "just get to the playoffs and anything can happen" team. 

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean, why not take the intentional safety after running out 10 or so seconds?

That error cost the game 

Safety was not the best option in that situation. You turn a 4 point game into a 2 point game and give them the ball with 0:44 and one timeout, needing only a field goal for the win.

The best option was a Tua-style slant to Diggs for 5 yards. Safe throw, quick throw, minimal chance for disaster, with the upside of: if you complete it, you win the game (one time out and two kneels). The only result that is a disaster is a turnover. What happened was a ridiculously low percentage fluke, you would not factor failing to execute the center-QB exchange into your decision because it's the most basic of basics, and is roughly the same nil risk whether a sneak or run or pass. Unless someone completely chokes, or unless there is actual voodoo in the world.

Edited by Ralonzo

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

My big frustration is sorting through “what is the blip”. Mahomes has all of these outstanding runs that you just think “what a weird/bad stretch”

Allen has a lot of film with showings like today.  But the stretch you listed him as “sorted out” is just 7 games.

Im certainly not all the way there. But it’s a creeping thought the more of these games start to reappear. 

True, and I was thinking even if he does find a more secure footing will I just be sitting there wondering when the next boneheaded play or game is going to creep in? Is he forever going to be this - a thrilling player who sets the NFL alight at his best but buries the Bills at his worst.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Coach McD special. 

Dorsey is showing how green he is.  I would suggest to bring in a former OC (Frank) to help him with the game plans and play calls.  Whatever adjustments he has done, at halftime, in the past three games has done squat.   He abandons the run too quickly.  Singletary had a solid day.   When a head burn some clock.  The short pass game disappeared.  This team has the talent to score in the 30s.  The defense has crashed to earth.   Frazier should be gone after this season.   I have seen his defenses come up short in pressure situations.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.