NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Justin Jefferson made incredible plays down the stretch. I’m not sure how many of those would’ve been prevented by Hyde, Poyer, White & Elam.  I’d hope enough to get us the W, but I don’t know. 

Huge. Would have made a huge difference in our losses with those guys playing. Seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Would it kill us to run some more play action?

I don’t mean to bring up the staff because Allen has been the problem for 3 weeks now. After the Jets game I re-upped my all-22 to try and figure out WTF is going on. It’s brutal. 

They play with a lead like the only way to win (even though we've had multiple score leads) is to score 30 more points.  We leave points on the field and go for it when we shouldn't, we don't run the ball.  We give up huge plays on defense repeatedly.  I swear the Vikings were averaging over 10 a rush and 20 a pass in the second half.  I say that without even looking but honestly it wouldn't surprise me.  With any decent prevent defense i would get giving up a few runs but how the hell (even with injuries) are we giving up so many big passing plays.  I remember when we shut most QB's down.  If we were on the schedule they were going to have a bad week.  Pickett threw for over 300 yards on us.  We only scored 7 points the second half of that game luckily it was already out of hand.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, wppete said:

Bench Josh Allen! Who agrees???? 

You really need attention, don't you?

57 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

No, it changed when Allen didnt take the 3 points and backed it up with a pick to Peterson with a big return.

Allen?

He made the decision to not go for the field goal?

1 minute ago, ProcessTruster said:

Sorry, Josh has pooped the bed a couple games now, but after 20 years of crap, I'm still amazed and thrilled about the absolute fight in this team. 

We'll be rising and falling with Josh, so get used to it. 

Unfortunately I think you are right; his inconsistency is a part of who he is.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Seriously, Josh already puts way too much blame on himself after any loss!   He needs to get some weight taken off his shoulders, not more weight added to it.  

Rubbish. He's the Quarterback, he's screwing up massively time and time again. The least he should do is own it, which he is. What he should be doing is learning from it, which he isn't.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Would it kill us to run some more play action?

I don’t mean to bring up the staff because Allen has been the problem for 3 weeks now. After the Jets game I re-upped my all-22 to try and figure out WTF is going on. It’s brutal. 

Exactly, go under freaking center a bit more.  Same thing happened under Daboll LY, feel like they changed going into playoffs, but it's frustrating.  Not sure we took more than a handful of snaps under center in 2nd half.

This team needs to learn how to close out games when leading, it's cliche.  But the aggressive offense needs to find a balanced attack, that can sustain drives when ahead.  Multiple weeks in a row where 2nd half offense can't put up points.

Josh will be OK.  He's clearly taking it at, as you would expect.  But he's got a potentially 11-12 games remaining...plenty of time to right the ship.  Dorsey included, think alot is on Josh right now but Ken can help some more too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

You really need attention, don't you?

There might actually be a "start Case Keenum" contingent among the fanbase this week!

If that guy ends up playing, fans will very quickly wish they had Josh back!

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BRH said:

Serious question.  What percentage is Tre White now?  90%?  Is Tre White at 90% (or whatever he is) better than at least one of our boundary CBs at 100%?  

They’ve been incredibly patient with bringing Tre back because I think they’ve felt they could get away with it. Today was one of those days you’d have loved to have him. No Kair and and up and down Benford. Would’ve been nice to pull Benford at times so he could calm down and get his head on straight.  At some point, Tre has to get back out there. Never would’ve guessed we’d be down Tre, Hyde, and Poyer for most of this season. It’s laughable at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Same tired old song, new week. Not sure what anyone can point to to think things are really going to he any different next week.

Tired of hearing him say he can't keep doing those things...then he goes and does those things.  He is too in his head.  He needs a sports psychologist or something.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.