This coaching staff…

RiotAct

4 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I've been saying it for just about as long and I know what you're saying 

The expectation this season was SB. They may very well lose the division and exit early from the playoffs 

If that's not seen as a coaching failure, people are high off their ass

I agree and think that’s the only way they’d make heads roll with the staff. Winning one or 2 games every year in the playoffs will secure a HC for awhile. 

Take The Points

4th and 2 from the 7-yard line... kick the field goal - go up by 13.  Anything can happen - like the Vikes missed PAT.  

With a FG there, the mess in our end zone TIES the game and Josh leads you to a 33-30 win with that last FG.

This staff deserved to lose this game.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

the QB sneak? What else do you do there? A handoff is far worst and pass worse than that if you get a hold in the endzone. You can't take a safety there only up 3 with 40 seconds left. 

You put Allen in the shot gun and roll him out. Release a tight end or a receiver. If the end is open then Allen runs, throws to wide open receiver, or throws the ball away. You do that on 1st and 2nd down. If it doesn't work you do the sneak on 3rd down. Game over. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, DJB said:

Dorsey needs to stop abandoning the run and remind Allen to make the easy throws

33 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Allen has to be going through some psychological issues

4 red zone ints in 3 gms is disgusting and unacceptable 

Refuses to check down.

My expectations went way down

This is a concerning trend

I agree about taking the 3 

I mentioned this over a week ago.  Allen is pushing way too much, and Dorsey as OC should be reigning him in.

My personal opinion is Dorsey won't do that because he is too young and inexperienced, and I believe has too much

off a "red bull" high himself.

Between Dorsey and Allen there is zero patience in the offense to just have a long meticulous drive.

McDermott has to see this after this game and needs to step in and be the "adult" in the room.

This is going to be a horrible week to post on this board.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

the QB sneak? What else do you do there? A handoff is far worst and pass worse than that if you get a hold in the endzone. You can't take a safety there only up 3 with 40 seconds left. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Most weeks i would agree but McKenzie did contribute this week both in receiving and rushing. As did both Davis and Knox. Any complaints against their usage this week are off base. This game was not about other players besides Allen not stepping up. It was about Allen making crucial mistakes at crucial times and the coaching staff blowing it. 

You pull your OL to the left and run a sweep. Probably get 3yards. Game over. Dorsey doesn't have a clue what to do with Hines & Shakir. Kick the damn fg and stop being over aggressive and reverting back to hero ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You put Allen in the shot gun and roll him out. Release a tight end or a receiver. If the end is open then Allen runs, throws to wide open receiver, or throws the ball away. You do that on 1st andc2nd down. If it doesn't work you do the sneak on 3rd down. Game over. 

100%.  Amazing that our coaching staff can’t figure this stuff out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You pull your OL to the left and run a sweep. Probably get 3yards. Game over. 

a sweep in the endzone? No thanks.

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You put Allen in the shot gun and roll him out. Release a tight end or a receiver. If the end is open then Allen runs, throws to wide open receiver, or throws the ball away. You do that on 1st and 2nd down. If it doesn't work you do the sneak on 3rd down. Game over. 

This is at least a lot better than the poster who suggested the RB sweep. Still, I've seen plenty of teams do a sneak in that situation and none ever ending in a safety or let alone a TD for the other team. I have no problem with the play call. 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I mentioned this over a week ago.  Allen is pushing way too much, and Dorsey as OC should be reigning him in.

My personal opinion is Dorsey won't do that because he is too young and inexperienced, and I believe has too much

off a "red bull" high himself.

Between Dorsey and Allen there is zero patience in the offense to just have a long meticulous drive.

McDermott has to see this after this game and needs to step in and be the "adult" in the room.

This is going to be a horrible week to post on this board.

Good post. It appears we are missing Daboll dearly. Just like Edmunds and the 2nd half demonstrated, sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I understand trusting players, but they haven't been playing well and need to earn that trust back. 

Terrible call to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking it.  Terrible call to qb sneak from the 1/2 yard line, we can't run the ball and are the worst in the NFL in short yardage. Should have spread them out and created space for Allen to run. 

This coaching staff, for as good as it is, can't be trusted in close games. 

That means they're not that good

Unless you want to be a team that never gets over the hump

This was posted on December 9, 2021 about playcalling and coaching....

There was absolutely no reason that the Bills should have lost this game! For this reason, the Pegula’s need to clean out some of the coaching leadership.

The odds of screwing up so many times in a row in a game is probably a million to one. That comes down to poor coaching and players not executing. When players screw up and coaches can not adjust, then this means that McDermott’s coaching ceiling has already been reached.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

guys, let’s be level-headed here.  There’s always next year to start making average coaching decisions  that give us a fighting chance to win.

1 minute ago, Wizard said:

This was posted on December 9, 2021 about playcalling and coaching....

There was absolutely no reason that the Bills should have lost this game! For this reason, the Pegula’s need to clean out some of the coaching leadership.

The odds of screwing up so many times in a row in a game is probably a million to one. That comes down to poor coaching and players not executing. When players screw up and coaches can not adjust, then this means that McDermott’s coaching ceiling has already been reached.

but we’re the Bills.  We defy the odds!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Allen is just making terrible decisions with the ball.

Can't sugarcoat it.

He has regressed.

He hasn’t “regressed”. That’s stupid talk. You don’t regress from one week to the next. Did he look like he regressed in the first half of today’s game?

What he has done is hit a rough patch and apparently doesn’t have the ***** coaching staff that will reign him in and let him know the easy pass is sometimes the best pass.

He’s just been too reckless with the ball the last 10 plus quarters.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As the second half was starting today, the broadcast brought up a stat that was really surprising to me. The Bills had won 52 games in a row when they led by 14+ points by halftime at home, dating back to 1968. 

Imagine how many awful teams the Bills had over that amount of time and then think about this team managing to break that streak as a "Super Bowl favorite." 

This team is looking more like Marvin Lewis' Bengals than anything resembling a perennial Super Bowl contender. McDermott has certainly earned a lot of trust with his performance thus far, but if these monumental choke jobs don't stop happening at some point then I hope we're not stuck with Marvin Lewis 2.0 for 15 years. 

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Good post. It appears we are missing Daboll dearly. Just like Edmunds and the 2nd half demonstrated, sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone

I believe they miss his maturity.  If McDermott hasn't yet he needs to step in and calm these 2 guys down.

Just for the record, I'm not saying Dorsey cannot be a great OC, but to be one you have to show you can run all types

of plays when needed.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

a sweep in the endzone? No thanks.

This is at least a lot better than the poster who suggested the RB sweep. Still, I've seen plenty of teams do a sneak in that situation and none ever ending in a safety or let alone a TD for the other team. I have no problem with the play call. 

The sneak isn't the incorrect call. The Bills have to execute that play. My mind was thinking no safety. Never did a fumbled snap for a Vikes TD enter my mind. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.