This coaching staff…

RiotAct

Coaching Coaching and Coaching! My faith in McDermott is no longer there. The Bills have played like crap for 3 straight games in the 2nd half. Inability to run the ball when needed, struggling in the RZ, D continues to give up long drives and for all the great plays Josh is making he’s making crucial mistakes. How many close games does McDermott and Frazier blow it? The list is growing.

Houston playoff game

Jags

KC 

Patriots

Miami

NYJ

Minny

If this continues making the playoffs isn’t a sure thing any longer. Kiss the #1 seed goodbye and even the division. The have major issues to correct!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

Oh and I said to my Dad right before the endzone fumble TD that we should be in shotgun. Get the ball in Allen’s hands, 5 yards from the d-line, and let him make a decision to throw to an open guy or throw it out of bounds.

Trying a QB sneak out of the end zone when our o-line had been blown up in the run game?

Just awful coaching.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

We could also use our top ranked defense making like 1 of the 3rd/4th down and 10+ stops lol. 

Not excusing Allen, not excusing coaching staff. But I feel defense getting a free pass more than they should by how really long first downs they gave up on 3rd and 4th. 

Cam Lewis needs to punch that ball on 4th and 18, not try to catch - just dumb

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

No Tre White, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, and Kaiir Elam was not a good recipe vs. Justin Jefferson, T.J. Hockenson, and Adam Thielen. 

Hyde isn't coming back, so he shouldn't be part of the conversation. Elam gets torched all season, so I'm not sure how big of a loss he is today. Poyer is huge though. The white rehab is concerning considering all the praise the Bills training staff has gotten the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Could've kicked the fg to go up 30-17, got greedy and the game changed. The loss is unequivocally on the coaching staff. If I see one more ***** shotgun run🤬🤬🤬

Funny part is a shotgun run probably would have been the safest play when we were backed up in our own end zone at the end.  Would have given Josh the ability to run the ball or throw it away…but our coaching staff sucks

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

😐😐😐😐😐😐

Going for it on fourth down when a field goal would have put the Bills up 7, then idiotic play calling once again in the Red Zone in overtime.

FG would have put them up 13 forcing Minny to score TWO TD’s to win. Utterly stupid!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen throws 2 interceptions in the end zone and fumbles in his own and we  want to put it on the coaching. Yes, the decision to go for it on 4th and 2 was bad, and I hated it, but the rb leaking out the backside was wide open, and instead Josh threw it right to a defense. We want to crucify the coaching for having confidence in Allen, it’s Allen that needs to make the best decision on each play…and he’s not.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Oh and I said to my Dad right before the endzone fumble TD that we should be in shotgun. Get the ball in Allen’s hands, 5 yards from the d-line, and let him make a decision to throw to an open guy or throw it out of bounds.

Trying a QB sneak out of the end zone when our o-line had been blown up in the run game?

Just awful coaching.

Clappy is never going to be a mensa coach but between not kicking the fg in regulation and trying a qb sneak from the 1 foot line is pure unadulterated stupidity. I'm done believing in McD/ Frazier.  And Dorsey wet himself today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Seriously, get rid of McDermott. He has to be one of the worst game day coaches I’ve seen. Over the years, how does he continue to let teams stay in the game with his conservative game calling.  Please haul ass.

He never pushes the right buttons

It's either they win because he doesn't screw up, or they overcome 

• Like (+1) 1

They've over corrected to being TOO aggressive. I like that they are aggressive, but they got to pick their spots. Today was terrible with passing up the FG in regulation and then going for the kill on back-to-back pass attempts from outside the 20 on 1st and 2nd down. 

What was their plan there? Take three endzone shots and kick a FG? I imagine they thought their best chance of getting a TD was to catch the Vikings by surprise not expecting us to take end zone shots there? Just too aggressive though.

Allen also has to make better decisions. I'm sure there were better places to go with the ball on both of his final two attempts. Some of it is also play calling maybe too there but on Allen as well.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 3

No changes, no adjustments.

Don't use Hines, Shakir, Cook. (Why'd we get them?)

Don't play White (4th week now)

Don't blitz.

Don't call quick slant passes to slow down the pass rush & give Josh some layups to get into rhythm.

Don't run it when your up to burn clock.

Don't put Josh under center to even give that impression.

Don't kick 3 to pad score.

Don't go for the TD @ end of regulation to win from inside the 5.

& Some of those injured players I bet would play in a playoff game w/ season on the line, well that's where they are now.

Dorsey may need to be replaced in the next few weeks if he can't adjust. & If they do miss the playoffs McD should go.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

😐😐😐😐😐😐

Going for it on fourth down when a field goal would have put the Bills up 7, then idiotic play calling once again in the Red Zone in overtime.

the Bills would of been up thriteen they were up ten at the time...... the play calls were the worst part 2nd and two pas pas pass....inc inc int.....

the seriese before 2nd and two pas pas punt.....inc inc punt..... think how much time had the Bills run on those second and two's plays and then 3rd and whatever or potentially getting first downs potentially runs off the clock   ......  just really bad decison coaches and Allen and then bad D play by Lewis on the 4th and 22 specifically to just knock the ball down vs go for the pick

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Clappy is never going to be a mensa coach but between not kicking the fg in regulation and trying a qb sneak from the 1 foot line is pure unadulterated stupidity. I'm done believing in McD/ Frazier.  And Dorsey wet himself today.

I started a thread about these issues several weeks ago and got mocked endlessly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.