11/13/22 GAMEDAY Vikings at Bills Pregame Thread Week 10

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

This is an excuse and it is getting old.  We won a bunch of games with both Johnson and Hamlin at safety, and everyone talked about how good the backups were.  We won a bunch of games with Tre out, and Dane Jackson, and Edmunds out.  

The big difference the past 2 games has been the pass rush.  We are not getting sustained pressure like we did early in the season.  Not only talking sacks, but pressure to make the QB get rid of the ball under duress.  Rousseau is a loss but are we not carrying 9 DLs for a reason?   Let's get to the QB and force some turnovers.  

Frazier needs to come up with something new today to address this.   

I'm not sure the excuse is getting old. Hamlin and Johnson together are a serious liability, mainly due to Johnson it appears. 

Until Johnson is relegated to a backup (or he steps his play up) this talking point is likely to continue, with justification.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

Duke is probably our best blocker at RB, I'm guessing they brought him up to protect Josh.

He'd probably be our best RB playing on Special Teams units as well.

If you need an RB to be a blocker we already have Gilliam.

If you need an RB on ST we have Tiawan Jones. 

Duke is in there to run and catch.  I think we might see a new formation with Duke or Hines or both.  

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

Question:

We are missing some of our key defenders (Poyer, Rosseau, Elam) with Milano and Edmunds banged up.

Is it worth it to start Josh in this game?

If we start to get slashed on defense, should we pull Josh?

what?

This game is going to tell us a lot about the Bills’ coaching…a banged up team, coming off a tough loss to a division opponent, Dolphins and Jets nipping at our heels, and of course all the Josh Allen drama this week, against a good Vikings team.  If the can pull out a convincing win here it would mean a lot…

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I'm not sure the excuse is getting old. Hamlin and Johnson together are a serious liability, mainly due to Johnson it appears. 

Until Johnson is relegated to a backup (or he steps his play up) this talking point is likely to continue, with justification.

Johnson and Hamin are not Poyer and Hyde, we all know that.  Johnson has made some mistakes and missed some tackles.  We all get that.  But we won games with them.   

It is past the time for this defense to show some new looks and do some different things.   Playing the same nickel formation every snap is getting predictable, especially with a depleted secondary. 

Frazier and McD have to figure out how to win with the players they have.  No excuses.  

• Agree 1

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm extra amped for today's game.

Having a subpar second half against the Packers, then losing to the Jets, then the very real possibility of QB1 missing the game ....

It all really made me step back and appreciate -- and for a moment, focus on not taking for granted -- this Bills team and this quarterback.

This game is about as high drama and storyline-rich is a regular season game gets. 7-1 at 6-2. Good on good. Dalvin Cook vs James Cook. Jefferson vs Diggs. The Josh Allen minute-to-minute "will he play?" drama...great stuff.

Cannot wait for kickoff. 

Go Bills! LFG!!!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on now. If Josh can go you play him. Plain and simple. I don't see the Vikes blowing out the Bills at Highmark Stadium. The Bills are outstanding at home. The Bills have been playing hurt all year. Sounds like you are just being a little parniod here which I do all too often. The Bills have a great chance to win today. 

I think the team rallies around Josh today. It may not be pretty and it will probably be tight but somehow they pull it out.

• Agree 1