11/13/22 GAMEDAY Vikings at Bills Pregame Thread Week 10

Chandler#81

34 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I hope Dean Marlowe starts over JJ.

Dane Jackson and Benford are our corners.  Who would have thought that in week 10?  

I thought Tre would see some action today.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

well, Chief, he’ll be on the field. Here’s a tip; study the game of football before commenting. I’m sure your local library can assist you. 😉👍

Will do sir! Thanks for the tip. Show me where what I said was incorrect? 

In the meantime, make sure you are glued to the fascinating Cook brothers situation. The same Cook on the Bills that gets like 5 touches a game. Add in Hines and Duke to the mix. Oh yep, I get what you are saying " "football wizard."

23 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Possibly. But also for S/T.  We usually have Benford on teams, guessing Rhodes isn't playing s/t, so it might just be getting #s there.

Along with how they envision using Hines, possibly they consider him more Swiss army knife (split out/slot/rb)

I don’t totally get all the pass catching RB’s dressing since we never do anything with them anyways…

But if I had to guess it means more Shakir in the slot and Hines in the passing game. Which means a diminished role for McKenzie who has proven to be a liability in the punt return game. So Duke is up to take over. 

1 minute ago, hemma said:

So Josh can play but Tre can’t. Smh 

With ACL surgery, football players often injure complimentary when they come back - the other ACL, achilles, hamstring. They seem to be extremely cautious here, making sure we have him for late in the season.

With Josh, the same doesn't seem to apply. Meaning, one would assume, there's no risk to further injure the elbow by playing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Quick question, why didn’t we leave Tre on PUP list for longer and activate him when we are more confident in him playing? I understand there are set backs, but the be an additional 4 weeks of then seems kinda crazy. 

Apparently they wanted a lot of ramp up time. Waiting to activate him to practice wouldn’t make sense. They are almost right at a full year since the tear. Probably something they have on the calendar. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think we see a run heavy game plan and less than 30 pass attempts for Allen. 

More runs than usual and more short passes to pass-catching RBs.  But there will be some longer passes for balance and the element of surprise!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Quick question, why didn’t we leave Tre on PUP list for longer and activate him when we are more confident in him playing? I understand there are set backs, but the be an additional 4 weeks of then seems kinda crazy. 

We activated Tre on the very last day we could. If we wouldn't have activated him on the Tuesday that we did, he couldn't have been activated for the rest of the year

• Thank you (+1) 2