11/13/22 GAMEDAY Vikings at Bills Pregame Thread Week 10

Chandler#81

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/despite-injured-elbow-josh-allen-threw-the-farthest-pass-in-the-nfl-in-six-years/

Despite injured elbow, Josh Allen threw the farthest pass in the NFL in six years

Bills quarterback Josh Allen injured his right elbow late in Sunday’s loss to the Jets, but that didn’t take any strength off his throwing arm.

Allen’s final pass, an incompletion to wide receiver Gabe Davis, was the farthest pass thrown in the NFL in the last six seasons.

The NFL has a microchip in every football for tracking through its Next Gen Stats, and those stats showed that the pass Allen threw to Davis traveled 69.3 yards in the air. That made it the farthest distance a thrown football has traveled in an NFL game in six seasons.

Allen showed not only great arm strength but great accuracy, putting the ball right on Davis. Unfortunately for the Bills, Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner was right on top of Davis and knocked the ball away for a game-sealing incompletion.

Edited by Pete
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

riiiiight… 🤦‍♂️ Like McDermott will bench the kid on the game he first plays his brother on national tv. One is an All Pro, the other a 2nd Round pick from a national champion. 

yeeeesh, Dude.. What a take.

If Duke plays who do you think gets less snaps? Think long and hard about that. Do you really think either coach gives a rats bootie about the Cook brothers match up? Again, think long and hard about it Mr. Chandler. 

I very much look forward to a written reply if you can. Anyone else is welcome too. 

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/despite-injured-elbow-josh-allen-threw-the-farthest-pass-in-the-nfl-in-six-years/

Despite injured elbow, Josh Allen threw the farthest pass in the NFL in six years

Bills quarterback Josh Allen injured his right elbow late in Sunday’s loss to the Jets, but that didn’t take any strength off his throwing arm.

Allen’s final pass, an incompletion to wide receiver Gabe Davis, was the farthest pass thrown in the NFL in the last six seasons.

The NFL has a microchip in every football for tracking through its Next Gen Stats, and those stats showed that the pass Allen threw to Davis traveled 69.3 yards in the air. That made it the farthest distance a thrown football has traveled in an NFL game in six seasons.

Allen showed not only great arm strength but great accuracy, putting the ball right on Davis. Unfortunately for the Bills, Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner was right on top of Davis and knocked the ball away for a game-sealing incompletion.

Gabe should have caught the ball despite Gardner's coverage. He's gotta come up with that ball under those circumstances. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Wondering who is gonna sit on offense for Duke to be active. Maybe the game plan going to be super run-heavy and max protect passing, so they need 3 RBs? In which case maybe Shakir sits? Or McKenzie?

I just don't think the Bills will change their identity with Allen at the helm. This run heavy game plan seems unlikely imho. It's not who the Bills are not is it the strength of the team. The Viking weakness is their passing defense. Allen should be able to exploit the Vikings pass defense. I can see a game plan that calls for slightly more running but nothing dramatic. Enough to keep the Viking defense honest. It's week 10 and this game is shaping up to be quite important. Now, isn't the time for a major offensive overhaul.

Duke may give the team a spark. Hines might be more involved as well as Shakir. I'm thinking the Bills go back to shorter, quicker passes, and taking the underneath throws the defense gives them. Then take some shots downfield. Similar to what they did earlier in the season which was very effective. The last couple of games it seemed as though Allen was trying to force the ball downfield a little too much.

Just my two cents. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

If Josh plays may "The Real Josh Allen please stand up!!".    The last 6 quarters have been unsettling and cannot continue.  

Again, the Bills cannot make mistakes and must remain focused on the chore at hand to pull this one out.  

As are most, I am interested to see how the personnel moves are tactically employed.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Me too, and was bummed when he abruptly retired. No, he couldn’t run or scramble, but he was accurate, had a feel for the game and was our best QB since Fitz and Bledsoe, imo.

That Orton team was probably my favorite team of the drought. I loved when he was here. Sucks we wasted those first 4 games with EJ

• Like (+1) 1