11/13/22 GAMEDAY Vikings at Bills Pregame Thread Week 10

Chandler#81

Is there anyone who thought Allen wouldn’t play? There were 3 big clues. A last play 70 yrd bomb that found its way to Davis’ hands and Sean being coy. “Hour to Hour”? That’s a new one! The 3rd clue is Josh. Warriors play until they simply can’t. 

With most of the nation again tuning in to see the Bills, this game will be different. We’re playing a Division leader with a better record, a loaded roster and playing very well. We have to respond in kind as there is much at stake. A loss dumps us from the Division AND Conference lead, dropping the Bills to ‘also-ran’ status vying for a road WC spot. For reasons surpassing understanding, this ISN’T mid season, though one wouldn’t know it by every sports channel and spokesperson claiming it is. I guess they didn’t get the memo that a 17th game has been added and an 18th is on the horizon. We have a full game and a half to play before we’re at the mid point. With the additional game being out of Conference, these games now mean almost as much as Division games with 5 now and a likely 6th soon. We’ve won 2 games vs NFC with Detroit, Chicago and todays game remaining. We’re 4-2 in Conference play, but 0-2 in the AFCE. It’s past time to realize how important these games are. 

Knock on wood, but we’re getting healthier. ‘All-Pro’ Milano returns and Tre’ is a real possibility. Calling up Rhodes and Duke Johnson suggest more ground & pound and a serious respect for Minny’s passing game. Almost as important, is a need to diversify our passing game. Shakir, Davis, Knox and lil Dirty have been disappointing to date and that won’t cut it going forward. (OBJ, anyone??) Adding a little sauce for the goose, the RB Brother Cook’s will battle for their 1st time as pros and Winter returns to WNY today with temps not climbing out of the 30’s and snow flurries as a backdrop. 

So it’s GO TIME halfway through Autumn, with 2 playoff teams aspiring to play in February battling in wintery conditions! If this doesn’t get you pumped up, try chess.

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I was always just in wait and see mode.  To say what my thoughts were on it, I would say towards the begining of the week I was of the probably not opinion. By Friday I was thinking he probably was going to play.  I took all the media with a grain of salt because nobody actually knew the full details on the injury.  All speculation.  I did think all along that if he could grip the football he would play.  Someone on twitter said that early on in the week.  I forgot who that was but that made sense to me because I have those kind of nerve problems and they mess with my hands a lot.

Dont understand the Duke call up.  Even if we plan to run the ball a lot.  I cant see them activating 5 RBS just to run the football.  Tomorrow will be interesting finding that out.  Someone isnt going to be active.  That might even be McKenzie for all we know.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I was always just in wait and see mode.  To say what my thoughts were on it, I would say towards the begining of the week I was of the probably not opinion. By Friday I was thinking he probably was going to play.  I took all the media with a grain of salt because nobody actually knew the full details on the injury.  All speculation.  I did think all along that if he could grip the football he would play.  Someone on twitter said that early on in the week.  I forgot who that was but that made sense to me because I have those kind of nerve problems and they mess with my hands a lot.

Dont understand the Duke call up.  Even if we plan to run the ball a lot.  I cant see them activating 5 RBS just to run the football.  Tomorrow will be interesting finding that out.  Someone isnt going to be active.  That might even be McKenzie for all we know.

THAT would be awesome. He’s always been undependable. It’s time to move on from him.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Only NFL game this week with two teams with winning records.

Yep, and both still will be after suffering a loss today. We’re beginning to see separation already in the League, which is crazy given all the preseason hype surrounding so many teams. Broncos, Rams, Colts, Steelers, Packers are trash, while Jets & Giants are suddenly very good. Who’da thunk it?

Edited by Chandler#81

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I actually liked kyle orton.

ortonwoo.0.gif

well, most of the time. 

35pvKeV.gif

Bzrd3OFCcAAsduk?format=png&name=small

Me too, and was bummed when he abruptly retired. No, he couldn’t run or scramble, but he was accurate, had a feel for the game and was our best QB since Fitz and Bledsoe, imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Gonna be cold, rainy and snowy.  Perfect weather!

Crowd will go freaking nuts when they announce the offense!

Glad to have Milano back.  Hope Tre’ is back and playing well.  Gotta say, hope Edmunds plays also. 

Go Bills!

Never is cold, rainy, and snowy perfect weather.

I think the wintry mix will taper off by game time, thank goodness.

• Agree 1