“Disinformation”

Big Blitz

Just now, SCBills said:

Completely agree with all of this.  

GOP needs to purge itself of Trump’s personality and Bush’s policies. 

Embrace culture wars in the mold of DeSantis and Youngkin.

Become the party of white working class, hispanics and small business owners, while increasing their gains this midterm with black men (Georgia) and Muslims (Michigan). 

Focus on election reform and build machines to churn out EV like the Dems have mastered. 

Yep.  Simple.  Hawley knows it.  DeSantis and Youngkin showed the way.  

Trump crapped all over it.  

Hawley and Rubio get it.  McConnell will not be leader in a month.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  Simple.  Hawley knows it.  DeSantis and Youngkin showed the way.  

Trump crapped all over it.  

Hawley and Rubio get it.  McConnell will not be leader in a month.  

You are desperate AF

Pull that mask over your face - thanks 

Just now, BillStime said:

You are desperate AF

Pull that mask over your face - thanks 

Desperate?  For what?  

This isn’t my life.  My life doesn’t revolve around my team needing to win every single election.  Nor would I fill myself with delusions of grander if it did.  

You aren’t interested in thought and reflection. 

You’re just a troll. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Desperate?  For what?  

This isn’t my life.  My life doesn’t revolve around my team needing to win every single election.  Nor would I fill myself with delusions of grander if it did.  

You aren’t interested in thought and reflection. 

You’re just a troll. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886cd3cb92c59a3102dfe

12 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

That’s sorta my point.

In 2016, many Dems were shocked that people would vote for Trump, someone they saw as completely unfit for the job with terrible ideas.

Now, in an election set up as a slam dunk for the GOP, the people have rejected the Republican Party. Might be worth trying to see things from their perspective just to see where they are coming from. 

Oh, I do…

I watch and read media from many different perspectives- including ones I disagree with…

I actually disagree with both parties on things…It just seems that lately, I disagree with Dems more…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Might be the best thing for the GOP. 

Bad for the country… but come ‘24, Dems will have nobody to blame but themselves, GOP will (hopefully) have soul-searched and found new leadership, and y’all will have to go up against DeSantis with a ‘24 Congressional map that is brutal for Dems.  

Sweep DeSantis into office with a GOP House and Senate. 

You may think that’s crazy… but deep down, you know this is a somewhat probable outcome. 

The only way that happens is if the GOP completely relinquishes the current cult of personality around Trump and gets back to governing.  Governing requires effective policy, and the Republicans have knowledgeable and creative minds in the party. 

It's boring and not very flashy, but even a politician who believes in less government still needs to govern and serve the public good while in office.  

That would be good for the country, imo.  I'm so tired of this dysfunctional partisanship... so, so tired of it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Government (primarily libs but it’s the UniParty now)and their media enablers want to control speech - it doesn’t matter what the f*** is true false fake right wrong it doesn’t matter it isn’t their job.  

Just because people watch CNN for “news” doesn’t mean we have a crisis that warrants government intervention in any way shape or form.

If the government is truly concerned about people getting misinformation, maybe they should start by asking why the hell we have a booming conservative media alternative to their b.s. in the first place.  

Even better - maybe the public schools have failed in teaching how to distinguish fact from opinion and credible vs not credible sources.  

There is no maybe about it.

That's because (a) the teachers are imparting their radical left theories and ideology on the students and (b) they are teaching them what to think, as opposed to how to think.

It's the new left world order and it starts with indoctrination of our children.

Misinformation will always be out there.  The problem is that you can't stop people from believing stupid ***** like "democracy will die!" if you don't vote for Dems or believe that what's most important is being able to kill a baby even right after birth. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

How do you think we should combat the misinformation and ignorance that leads people to believe falsehoods like 2,000 Mules and that the Maricopa County tabulation machines were broken this week?

You hop in a time machine, go back 20 years and remove people from office that deliberately sow seeds of doubt about the integrity of our process, about other political candidates, and you replace them with issues-based elections. 

It seems logical to me that the steady, constant drumbeat of messaging that boils down to “you, the voter are getting ****ed by the other guy” leads to people skeptical of the process, but only when their guy loses.  

One of the more troubling aspects of the Search For WMDs and advent of the Obama era….was the complete lack of accountability for W Bush, or the D leaders who claimed he lied and people died.  The nation went from patriotic fervor, to the deaths of thousands of the best types of people our country has to offer, to a declaration that W Bush and his administration manufactured evidence of WMDs in order to invade and topple a sovereign nation.  

A few short months later, W Bush and the Obama’s are fast friends, W Bush is recast as a lovable old guy who just loves to paint and be a grandpa.   No public hearings, no deep dives, no DOJ knocking down doors, just 37,000 dead or injured Americans, and as many as 500,000 Iraqis dead and countless more injured. 

There’s a disconnect there, and somewhere, somehow one or the other spread disinformation on a massive scale.   We can pretend that’s the first time it happened in our history, or, we can be rational and cynical at the same time. 

So, yeah, forgive me if I don’t spend too much time worrying about 2000 Mules.  Or that the other video, the one that lead to the attack on the embassy in Benghazi.  

My suggestion on Maricopa County would have been not to *&$# up the process to begin with, and maybe to have people in there to ensure it ran smoothly.  When it didn’t, recognition that people don’t trust the system is as natural as day following night.  

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

Misinformation will always be out there.  The problem is that you can't stop people from believing stupid ***** like "democracy will die!" if you don't vote for Dems or believe that what's most important is being able to kill a baby even right after birth. 

A Montana bill to require medical attention for aborted babies born alive …failed.  

Who even are we as a society anymore?

It’s possible people didn’t understand the legal jargon in the provision, but wtf…

In regards to people believing lies … exit polling from the midterms shows that the biggest issue facing R’s wasn’t the worry that they’d ban abortion … it was the worry that they’d eliminate social security.  

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

A Montana bill to require medical attention for aborted babies born alive …failed.  

It’s possible people didn’t understand the legal jargon in the provision, but wtf…

In regards to people believing lies … exit polling from the midterms shows that the biggest issue facing R’s wasn’t the worry that they’d ban abortion … it was the worry that they’d eliminate social security. 

That's another. 

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

It was a terrible bill. More than 700 doctors in Montana opposed it:

https://www.ktvq.com/news/montana-news/more-harm-than-good-billings-doctors-speak-out-against-born-alive-ballot-measure-lr-131

If a bill affecting medical issues is up for me to vote for, I’m going to listen to the 700+ doctors that say it shouldn’t pass instead of a couple government officials who want to pass it.

20 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

So long as the House isn’t stolen as well this isn’t the worst thing in the world.  DC was already at a standstill anyway.  

Ds have 23 seats to defend in 24.  Rs only 10

3 of those D seats are Montana Ohio and West Virginia.  And 5 more Biden won in those states less then 5 points.  DC will be at a standstill another 2 years and that’s just fine.  

All key races were razor thin.  I hope not….but everything is going to get worse economically because common sense.  And yes Dobbs helped - but it was worth it.  And SCOTUS is still 6-3 conservative.  

The GOPs future starts now.  Revolutions are messy and the Trump revolution needs to find a way to move on post Trump and a base that isn’t the base of GW Bush in 2004.  

"Stolen as well".

When did the right all become loons?  And go ahead and mention defining a woman because there's like 1% of dems who are nuts. 

The conservatives are admitting they need to get rid of Trump but not getting down to the root of the problem of the Republican party at all.  You've all lost your minds.  Can't go five seconds without another loony conspiracy.   And, it's not a small percentage of extreme views, most of you are plain nuts.  Bouncing out Trump and his moronic sycophants is only a start.  

Hopefully more change is to come.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, Big Blitz said:

Hawley and Rubio get it.

Hawley gets it? The fist-pumping Jan 6 cheerleader boy?

He and his ilk are why the red

wave didn’t happen. The Repubs nominated fools like Blake Masters in Arizona instead of wooing a generally competent Republican Governor in Doug Ducey to run for the Senate. Same thing in PA with Melania fave Turkish Army veteran and NJ resident Mehmet Oz. 
Old fashioned Republicans are back in style. Trump buttkissers are struggling everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Jack should stick to his search for that pizza gate basement where all the children are hydroponically grown, Matrix style. 

During the campaign, Posobiec was special-projects director for Citizens for Trump, a never-officially-organized voter-fraud prevention group. Several hours after Önel sent his November 16th tweet, Posobiec went to investigate Comet Ping Pong and another nearby pizzeria. Live-streaming the visit on Periscope, he described evidence of “what’s really going on” – a double pane of glass near an oven, security cameras, a texting cashier. Posobiec paused, worrying his viewers might not understand the situation. “It’s like in the movie Jurassic Park,” he said. “Nedry had the shaving cream bottle. And you could press the top and a little bit of shaving cream came out. . . . The bottom part is where they had the dinosaur embryos.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/anatomy-of-a-fake-news-scandal-125877/

So yeah, keep citing Jack Posobiec. He's a reliable source! And keep denying that you are utterly smitten by this QAnon crap. Everyone knows where this is coming from. Why else would anyone follow such a fool.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 11/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, Capco said:

This thread is full of the crazy kind of stupid that I remember PPP for.  

It's just the beginning of the Red Wave of Tears, too.  

If the Dems miraculously manage to hold the House, these tears will only get sweeter.  

image.png.2d86b4e18eca087d90ea9e593a4ad4ee.png

Enjoy it as much as you can now, because when you realize how they played all of America, its going to be too late.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:51 PM, ChiGoose said:

How do you think we should combat the misinformation and ignorance that leads people to believe falsehoods like 2,000 Mules and that the Maricopa County tabulation machines were broken this week?

Transparency would be a great start.  With all of the speculation after the last presidential election, you would think that everything would be above board as to not even give the slightest appearance of impropriety.  Obviously you believe our elections are "free and fair", but half of the population does not.  That, in and of itself is a problem everyone should be concerned with.  

• Thank you (+1) 1