Allen playing!

Process

8 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don’t think the bills would hold Josh out of practice just to psyche Minnesota up.

It is a disadvantage to not be getting the reps in at practice/preparing for the opponent.

Especially after a bad offensive performance, I think they probably wanted to get as many reps as possible 

I don’t think so either…it was probably a very minor injury that required a few days rest so the plan was to see how his elbow felt Friday

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

you seem to miss the point. Allen at 80% is also better than Keenum at 100%.  Injury risk is a binary decision. He either is at higher risk, or he is not. If it is higher risk, you don't put him in to sub.  

Right, but you also have to caculate the chance he actually has to play, if he is designated the "backup".

You're trying to connect intent to play Allen with a decision to not dress Barkley, but there is a disconnect there.

It's a 2-step process. One, should we dress Allen and have him stand on the sideline? Two: would he ever actually have to play in the game?  It could be that if Keenum starts but gets injured immediately, the Bills go to another backup plan, even though Allen is standing there in a uniform.  I.E, he does NOT play.

Why?  B/c McD and his staff think this will have out-smarted the opponent and made them prepare for Allen when they didn't need to.

They also may think playing a "disaster 3rd QB" is about the same as playing Barkley anyway.

I.E., either way, we almost certainly lose.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If qbs didn’t play with injuries that are as minor as Josh’s probably is I don’t think they’d ever play 

I think some nfl reporters took that quote from the bills ‘we fear he has a sprained ucl’ after the jets game and ran with it.  There’s no actual evidence that the injury is remotely serious 

I hope you are right. The Bills do seem to play it conservatively with injured players, so that suggests that Allen is not seriously hurt. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I hope you are right. The Bills do seem to play it conservatively with injured players, so that suggests that Allen is not seriously hurt. 

Agreed. If his arm was so hurt I doubt he could throw a 69 yard pass right after it happened, for one thing.

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Right, but you also have to caculate the chance he actually has to play, if he is designated the "backup".

You're trying to connect intent to play Allen with a decision to not dress Barkley, but there is a disconnect there.

It's a 2-step process. One, should we dress Allen and have him stand on the sideline? Two: would he ever actually have to play in the game?  It could be that if Keenum starts but gets injured immediately, the Bills go to another backup plan, even though Allen is standing there in a uniform.  I.E, he does NOT play.

Why?  B/c McD and his staff think this will have out-smarted the opponent and made them prepare for Allen when they didn't need to.

They also may think playing a "disaster 3rd QB" is about the same as playing Barkley anyway.

I.E., either way, we almost certainly lose.

Jpi9CvA.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

To me, it simply isn't worth the risk. Let Keenum play, who is going to be up for this game anyways because it's his former team and let him rest. Reevaluate next week. It's the Browns next week which are easily beatable. You could even rest him them and go to the Detroit game where he gets an easy game to get back into form. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

To me, it simply isn't worth the risk. Let Keenum play, who is going to be up for this game anyways because it's his former team and let him rest. Reevaluate next week. It's the Browns next week which are easily beatable. You could even rest him them and go to the Detroit game where he gets an easy game to get back into form. 

Disagree if he's cleared to play and the doctors say he's not at risk to make it worse then you play him

• Like (+1) 1

Can anyone point to a specific report where the Bills directly acknowledged a sprain/partial tear? Rapaport mentioned it but was vague and Chris Mortenson only said the team was concerned with the ulnar nerve. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Punch said:

Can anyone point to a specific report where the Bills directly acknowledged a sprain/partial tear? Rapaport mentioned it but was vague and Chris Mortenson only said the team was concerned with the ulnar nerve. 

They never did. When it comes to the bills the national media guesses. See the Christian MCaffrey “trade offer” and also how they had no intel on Von Miller prior. 

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

you don’t know the injury so you have no idea the risk 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.