Allen playing!

Process

As cautious and level headed as McBeane have been with injuries, I find it funny the few  takes and comments Ive seen and read that Bills are being reckless starting Allen. I guess alot of the misinformation is due to the secrecy they operated with all week. Some in the media and some fans like to think they are all knowing, but most of their talking points and predictions are  wild speculation and at best educated guesses. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t see why they would have him be the backup.  If he’s injured enough to not to start, he should be injured enough to not to be backup.  

jmo

It could also be that they think Allen at 80% is better than Barkley at 100%.

15 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Start Keenum. Play Allen only if you have to. 

I don’t say this because I think it’s a good idea. If Allen is injured (and I think he is) he should be inactive. I don’t really understand what they are doing.

16 minutes ago, vincec said:

It could also be that they think Allen at 80% is better than Barkley at 100%.

you seem to miss the point. Allen at 80% is also better than Keenum at 100%.  Injury risk is a binary decision. He either is at higher risk, or he is not. If it is higher risk, you don't put him in to sub.  

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously there can’t be must risk to make this injury worse by common game events. The way McDermott is, no chance he’s out there without being super cautious. It actually is something I can’t stand about our game day roster management but whatever. The thing that is annoying is the way people speak about the fear of this thing being a catastrophic long term risk…..it’s football. Even when playing 100% healthy, in “brand new condition” you are risking your career on every snap. Literally any play, healthy or not could be it. Don’t worry about 5 years down the road because any play can be the last one. No future is certain. People play this game with wreck less abandon because that’s what you have to do. If the DR says he’s good, then let’s go. 

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

As cautious and level headed as McBeane have been with injuries, I find it funny the few  takes and comments Ive seen and read that Bills are being reckless starting Allen. I guess alot of the misinformation is due to the secrecy they operated with all week. Some in the media and some fans like to think they are all knowing, but most of their talking points and predictions are  wild speculation and at best educated guesses. 

It's like if there was video of a player getting hit in the leg - and a bunch of internet doctors start crying - "It's his knee!  Looks like ACL!  Could be out a year!" - when in fact after examination by the actual team doctors they determine it's just a deep thigh bruise.  Would people be crying "Don't jeapordize his career!" if they knew what the real doctors knew - that there was zero long term risk related to the injury if the player plays

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

To psyche Minny out. Take the coverage off the Jets loss.  Get the rest of team motivated.

Notice Spencer Brown is back. His back up was the one that got beat on the injury.

Or... Josh could have went the Jim Kelly route when he angrily called out his OLine, namely Ballard...  That's not JA17's style. Going the more passive aggressive route with the team is better here, IMO.

Maybe coming this close to getting their dear leader killed will get the team's mind right.

Maybe this motivates the team?

They ain't the "Bickering Bills" anymore...

I don’t think the bills would hold Josh out of practice just to psyche Minnesota up.

It is a disadvantage to not be getting the reps in at practice/preparing for the opponent.

Especially after a bad offensive performance, I think they probably wanted to get as many reps as possible 

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

Their narratives weren’t fitting with their opinions 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

I don’t say this because I think it’s a good idea. If Allen is injured (and I think he is) he should be inactive. I don’t really understand what they are doing.

If qbs didn’t play with injuries that are as minor as Josh’s probably is I don’t think they’d ever play 

I think some nfl reporters took that quote from the bills ‘we fear he has a sprained ucl’ after the jets game and ran with it.  There’s no actual evidence that the injury is remotely serious 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don’t think the bills would hold Josh out of practice just to psyche Minnesota up.

It is a disadvantage to not be getting the reps in at practice/preparing for the opponent.

Especially after a bad offensive performance, I think they probably wanted to get as many reps as possible 

In most other QB cases, I would probably agree. They need the physical reps and timing. But, with Josh, I don't believe he needed the physical reps as much as the mental reps this week. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.