Allen playing!

Process

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like Keenum might still start but the good news is he’s healthy enough to be active. Could play situationally? Not looking at multiple weeks 🙏

I dont expect any "situational " substitutions. How exactly would it fool anyone if Allen was in there? The defense would expect him to be running ?

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m very worried that this is the plan. 

This makes no sense to me. 

Medical team either cleared him or they didn’t.  

Nobody says well.. in an emergency he can play, but not a good idea to start him bc he’s not functional and can get hurt much worse.  Followed by the conservative Bills being like, “Backup it is!!”

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

How do you know what the injury is and that it can worse?

The Bills have literally never said what the problem is. What if it’s just a nerve issue? A bruise on the nerve that just needed a couple days to heal. 

If he’s healthy, he plays. The Bills aren’t going to risk their franchise QB.

Wayne,

im the first to admit it’s a fear and that’s it.  Listening to some of these medical analysts just makes me nervous on taking the risk than just giving him a week.  I more than most trust this staff and their sound judgment, but playing the headlines and concerns me.  It’s not an AFC opponent, it’s low on the matchup ties for #1 seed.

I love JA.  I just want him to be there for the next 14 weeks.  If he’s really ready I doubt they will make him the emergency.  He wouldn’t probably allow it.

i will be on pins and needles all game if he does start.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

No offense, but maybe you are basing this off what people who haven’t actually examined Allen’s elbow have said?

Because no one inside the Bills organisation has said it’s a sprain or a long term injury. Allen himself said he was fine after the loss last week.

And the Bills have Barkley sitting right there… they could have him back up Keenum.

Yes, I agree with you. I'm going to have nagging doubts because he didn't practice earlier in the week but, as said already, the coaching team don't tend to allow players to suit up unless they're very confident about their fitness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Honestly, that's fine anyway.  Allen needs to get back to taking the easy underneath stuff like he was doing earlier in the season.  I'm never going to try to paint an injury as a blessing in disguise or anything, but the coaches need to be in his ear about not forcing the deep ball.  

Indeed the deep balls will be popping up like crazy if you force the defense to defend the shallow open areas.  Then can hit a few if those to pad stats after the opponent is demoralized trying to keep Bills in check and failing. 

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Wayne,

im the first to admit it’s a fear and that’s it.  Listening to some of these medical analysts just makes me nervous on taking the risk than just giving him a week.  I more than most trust this staff and their sound judgment, but playing the headlines and concerns me.  It’s not an AFC opponent, it’s low on the matchup ties for #1 seed.

I love JA.  I just want him to be there for the next 14 weeks.  If he’s really ready I doubt they will make him the emergency.  He wouldn’t probably allow it.

I appreciate that but you are listening to medical analysts who haven’t even examined JA. They have no idea what his MRI looks like, they are guessing. Yea it’s an educated guess based on what they saw his arm do but they could all be completely wrong. 

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Yes, I agree with you. I'm going to have nagging doubts because he didn't practice earlier in the week but, as said already, the coaching team don't tend to allow players to suit up unless they're very confident about their fitness.

I would say the medical staff is VERY cautious. Milano sat out last week and they really seem to be slowly bringing back Tre.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I know Allen starting isn't 100% certain yet, but assuming he does, Imo this was the most over blown injury in bills history 

But But the vIDeO and dR ChAo and UlNar and ToMmy jOhN sUrGeRy and cArEeR oVeR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I appreciate that but you are listening to medical analysts who haven’t even examined JA. They have no idea what his MRI looks like, they are guessing. Yea it’s an educated guess based on what they saw his arm do but they could all be completely wrong. 

This exactly - it is ridiculous to make a diagnosis from video with no actual examination or testing - it is just a guess and nothing more.

Ok guys, believe me I’m not lying: the day after the Jets game i said (you can check it) that 17 would have been ready to play vs Minny. 

It seem i was right… 

When you have a very serious injury you can’t throw a ball almost 70 yards and then stay in the game till the end just doing some movement with your arm and hand. 

I was 100% sure about it.   💪🏽😉

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Wayne,

You have fallen into the trap of listening to medical “experts” who have seen nothing other than game tape and are being paid by gambling sites to prognosticate on injury prognosis. It’s a disgrace to the medical profession. Wise up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.