Need help from jersey masters please....

TheBeaneBandit

55 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I've googled to no avail.....what is the equivalent of xxl women's jersey in men's size? A Von Miller jersey for the wife's birthday is in the cards! Thanks for any help and I'll delete the post once I get the answer I seek lol

I am female so there is that. If your wife wears 2X size or xxl IMO you would be best to buy a mens 3X and I will tell you why. I think women dont want anything too binding or tight. You want to feel comfortable in a jersey. In case she needs to wear a shirt underneath for layers? Is it for indoor or outdoor wear?

My advice is to go UP a size rather than down. I always buy  1 size Up in mens NFL jerseys . But it depends on her style too.  orif she wants to wear it in or out.

what do you think?

...another thought: You could get a tape measure and measure the   length and height  of one of your wifes shirts. THEN go to the jersey you are interested in and see what the specs are for their sizes and items

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

I am female so there is that. If your wife wears 2X size or xxl IMO you would be best to buy a mens 3X and I will tell you why. I think women dont want anything too binding or tight. You want to feel comfortable in a jersey. In case she needs to wear a shirt underneath for layers? Is it for indoor or outdoor wear?

My advice is to go UP a size rather than down. I always buy  1 size Up in mens NFL jerseys . But it depends on her style too.  orif she wants to wear it in or out.

what do you think?

I think you’re trying to get @TheBeaneBanditmurdered 

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

I think you’re trying to get @TheBeaneBanditmurdered 

Buy from a seller with a good returns policy instead? haha

If his wife is plus size with normal clothing  I would think she isn't going to care about the size number... but the comfortability just sayin' man.

Just now, WotAGuy said:

No matter what, tell her she looks skinny in it. 

or at least Hot....she won't buy the skinny....hubby should say mammacita you look AMAZING in that jersey. 

lol

1 minute ago, muppy said:

Buy from a seller with a good returns policy instead? haha

If his wife is plus size with normal clothing  I would think she isn't going to care about the size number... but the comfortability just sayin' man.

I made a size mistake on a cashmere sweater once. It was over 15 years ago. Never gonna do that again. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

...another thought: You could get a tape measure and measure the   length and height  of one of your wifes shirts. THEN go to the jersey you are interested in and see what the specs are for their sizes and items

If you are starting out with a jersey in your possession and you know it fits correctly, then for God's sake, do this! 

Take some critical measurements and then buy whatever size is closest to those.  You can't lose with this approach.

This is a great idea from Muppy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Only if you want misery and defeat. We all know Happy wife, happy life is a toxic dead end.  

well it was said tongue in cheek. It's a cliche'. Not meant to be taken so seriously. Ideally it is conversely happy hubby happy life. It's never just one or the other.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.