Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll answer this ridiculous Tweet….how can you not? Because just have a speech that sounded like he won something that he just LOST….that’s how. Entirely inappropriate, but Hakeem (who’s always seemed like a likeable fellow to me) went for the cheap politics instead of the humble “we’re anxious to work with you Mr Speaker”….and then SIT DOWN!!

Maybe it would have been shorter if he didn't have four days to write it?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

While there are absolutely different degrees and Pelosi has long staked her place at the truly awful end of the spectrum, the whole frigging body sucks donkey balls.

Oh I agree. Both sides suck ass. I just love sticking the progressives faces in their own BS. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll answer this ridiculous Tweet….how can you not? Because just have a speech that sounded like he won something that he just LOST….that’s how. Entirely inappropriate, but Hakeem (who’s always seemed like a likeable fellow to me) went for the cheap politics instead of the humble “we’re anxious to work with you Mr Speaker”….and then SIT DOWN!!

Yeah, I would much rather Jeffries loudly boos McCarthy like MTG and Boebert did to Biden. that was so classy and not childish at all!

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah, I would much rather Jeffries loudly boos McCarthy like MTG and Boebert did to Biden. that was so classy and not childish at all!

I know really!

If only they would follow the example of senior house leadership then we'd have nothing but pure class all around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/12/2022 at 7:44 AM, Tiberius said:

Inquiring minds want to know

If the GOP holds on and wins by a couple of seats his path to speakership looks dark and fraught with peril. Those crazies in his party will demand impeachments and all that, Trump is already demanding his support in 2024 and then the rest of that caucus will surely object to his going to far over to the hard core Freedom Causcus side. 

What a mess! 

This entire episode that is happening right now in our gov't shows just exactly how inept they are and We The People put these jack asses in office so what exactly does that say about how smart the American people are ? 

If any of us wonder why the US is in the shape that it is just sit back & watch a 3 stooges episode makes more sense than what these "supposedly highly educated politicians" can muster . 

With this type of leadership from the top on down the US is so screwed and there are those that will applaud them all the way to the bottom of the hill as they fall !! 

The one good thing is that while they play gov't they can't pass any more of their stupid bills they have until they get this cluster F of a deal figured out ! 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I know really!

If only they would follow the example of senior house leadership then we'd have nothing but pure class all around.

The only thing that could be worse is having this Biotch come back as a default to be speaker she was a moron unmatched in the history of that position !! 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Dang!  You support Medicare for all?  They were being realistic.  Could never pass.  Too many wealthy (from money that should have gone to patient care) special interests.  It will take massive public pressure to git'r done.  Hop on the bandwagon with me!  I found it sad and illuminating that so many on the board were concerned at how Damar would pay his medical bills.

im not for or against anything until i hear the details. i generally look at things from a, does this make sense standpoint but also understand if something is running off the rails such as medical prices for average people im willing to give anything a try. "conserving" a broken system that is crushing people and bishing about every change suggested is just keeping the status quo. but im far from a progressive. i generally think their identity politics and massive giveaways are terrable ideas.  im more for fixing broken systems. progressives seem to want to just inflate them. 

believing "they were being realistic" is a load of junk. there will never be a good time or the right circumstances. you were elected running on somthing. you go in and use any means to get it done or put people on the books to effect their next election. they were in the exact same position as the freedom caucus and got ZERO concessions from pelosi. thinking about their own political careers. the dems give them a pass while condemning the right for trying....interesting who the "conservative" is now.

Edited by Buffarukus

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Thankfully that's over.  Now time to get real governing going.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

To think that in the late 1700's we had one million people and we came up with Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe.

Now we have 335m and we come up with these?

Washington, Adams, et al would be seen as radical Antifa by the right wing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

fair point but the more effective way is to stop voting for morons, especially in the primaries.  Give the people a real choice..

you seem to think there is a choice. funny how the left talks about voter suppression and manipulation when its 100% fact bernie got shafted by the dnc machine and rolled over. tulsi got the same tactics used on trump by big tech manipulation such as google shutting down her search after she dismantled harris. its all forgotten. 

so the populist will ALWAYS be suppressed and minority and even if they do get elected. big gov will suck them in. the "squad" sure seems to squad up with every decision vote wise and sends little tweets and instagrams about how they are against it all later.

im no trump loyalist but people need to realize what he was. he was a unexpected wild card that the establishment did not want in power. of coarse the attack dogs were unleashed on the guy. when i ask leftists what policies effected people personally they did not like...i get crickets. so seems their hate is based on being told what to hate. his personal traits? tax cuts? really? as they applaud a man who cant speak clear sentances and budgets of trillions that gives nothing to them. i think its a bit more from external mindwashing to hate the man the way some do. but he does them plenty of favors to make it easy, i will admit.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

You think they would be progressives?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

That has to be the dumbest thing I have read in a long time.

Thanks!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

you seem to think there is a choice. funny how the left talks about voter suppression and manipulation when its 100% fact bernie got shafted by the dnc machine and rolled over. tulsi got the same tactics used on trump by big tech manipulation such as google shutting down her search after she dismantled harris. its all forgotten. 

so the populist will ALWAYS be suppressed and minority and even if they do get elected. big gov will suck them in. the "squad" sure seems to squad up with every decision vote wise and sends little tweets and instagrams about how they are against it all later.

im no trump loyalist but people need to realize what he was. he was a unexpected wild card that the establishment did not want in power. of coarse the attack dogs were unleashed on the guy. when i ask leftists what policies effected people personally they did not like...i get crickets. so seems their hate is based on being told what to hate. his personal traits? tax cuts? really? as they applaud a man who cant speak clear sentances and budgets of trillions that gives nothing to them. i think its a bit more from external mindwashing to hate the man the way some do. but he does them plenty of favors to make it easy, i will admit.

I think in Bernie's case (and no surprises, I love Bernie), it was more the DNC supporting Hilary and Biden then sabotaging the bern.  He definitely moved the other candidates left.  I think they were again pragmatic.  Bern couldn't beat trump in the general.

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I think in Bernie's case (and no surprises, I love Bernie), it was more the DNC supporting Hilary and Biden then sabotaging the bern.  He definitely moved the other candidates left.  I think they were again pragmatic.  Bern couldn't beat trump in the general.

What is it about Bernie that you love? I’m guessing it’s his support for government funded healthcare but is it something else? 

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What is it about Bernie that you love? I’m guessing it’s his support for government funded healthcare but is it something else? 

That and the major idea to actually tax extreme wealth - at least close massive loop holes.  I also think he's a genuinely decent human.  As we've seen so often, character and integrity matter.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

On a lighter note….while watching some of last night’s congressional ‘drama’ (remember it’s on way earlier on the west coast) I noticed a congresswoman walking up the aisle sporting a large purse with a big Buffalo Bills logo on it. Anyone have any idea who that might have been? 

Go Bills! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

whatever the reason the dnc felt its not their place to flat out subvert the peoples choice. giving hillary debate questions and handicapping his campaign is flat out election manipulation that the left ignored..yet scream about. they are telling dems they know what's best for them which is pretty psychotic in a age that has people up in arms about every vote matters and attacks on democracy. let alone the dems activley working to take valid runners from the green party or funding maga candidates campaigns then talking about how they are so dangerous. you dont want bernie talk to him and have him bow out instead of using some pretty corrupt tactics to sabotage him. 

at the very least trump proved the republicans run with who wins in the primaries. they are also now proving if they run they will go against their own machine. id say that's integrity some call it the biggest threat our nation has ever seen.