Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

It took 15 tries, but Kevin McCarthy was elected Speaker with the support of 49.6% of the members of Congress.

I’m sure such a talented and strong leader as himself will have no problem keeping his supporters together to do work for the good of the American people…

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It took 15 tries, but Kevin McCarthy was elected Speaker with the support of 49.6% of the members of Congress.

I’m sure such a talented and strong leader as himself will have no problem keeping his supporters together to do work for the good of the American people…

Kevin will be the weakest Speaker in our lifetime.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The people spoke. We got divided government, based on a razor thin GOP majority in the house.

We now have a speaker who let the most radical elements of his party order off the menu to secure his job.

That doesn't bode well to say the least. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The people spoke. We got divided government, based on a razor thin GOP majority in the house.

We now have a speaker who let the most radical elements of his party order off the menu to secure his job.

That doesn't bode well to say the least. 

Imagine if we actually hit a recession and need Congress to act swiftly and smartly to save the economy. We’d be screwed 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Imagine if we actually hit a recession and need Congress to act swiftly and smartly to save the economy. We’d be screwed 

They'll let small businesses melt away and  further solidify corporatocracy.   It's almost a done deal in medicine.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 1

i just think its all funny that when the machine that's been grinding up Americans comes to a screeching halt based on what the outliers are "claiming" to stop corruption. people are mad about it.

there was a similar plan in place progressives wanted out of "the squad" to get medicare for all on the table. instead the people who claimed they were going in to fight for the little guy fell directly in line and gave every excuse in the book why fighting for them...just wasnt the right time.

the guy who suggested stop the vote can explain it better. 

i just dont get what is at all wrong with not going with the status quo and using the little power you have...and will ever have to get what you were voted in on a slight chance to get done. thats a  bad thing?

who knew there were so many McCarthy groupies on the other side.

someone explain.

Edited by Buffarukus

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

7 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i just think its all funny that when the machine that's been grinding up Americans comes to a screeching halt based on what the outliers are "claiming" to stop corruption. people are mad about it.

there was a similar plan in place progressives wanted out of "the squad" to get medicare for all on the table. instead the people who claimed they were going in to fight for the little guy fell directly in line and gave every excuse in the book why fighting for them...just wasnt the right time.

the guy who suggested stop the vote can explain it better. 

i just dont get what is at all wrong with not going with the status quo and using the little power you have...and will ever have to get what you were voted in on done is a bad thing.

someone explain.

Because establishment Dems and Republicans don’t care about the average American…they only use them as pawns to solidify their own power…

That’s why, as Glen Greenwald said, the corporate mainstream media defends the State against the people- instead of the other way around- like they are supposed to…

This is also why the need to keep everyone divided…They need to keep us weak, so that they can continue to have power and control over us…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Because establishment Dems and Republicans don’t care about the average American…they only use them as pawns to solidify their own power…

That’s why, as Glen Greenwald said, the corporate mainstream media defends the State against the people- instead of the other way around- like they are supposed to…

This is also why the need to keep everyone divided…They need to keep us weak, so that they can continue to have power and control over us…👍

i agree which is why i find this whole thing very refreshing. a side calling out its own. great! keep it up! a minority populist trying to leverage change? sure lets try it.

people complain about same old same old corruption..itll never stop then somthing unheard of takes place that goes against the grain and somehow there are people demanding "WE WANT THE MACHINE!!" 

damn.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

So what are the odds that we default on our debt in the next two years? 90%? More? 

we defaulted a long time ago. there just noone with a big enough boot to evict us yet.

its not suprising the extraction to the top % is in overdrive.

Edited by Buffarukus

6 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

we defaulted a long time ago. there just noone with a big enough boot to evict us yet.

its not suprising the extraction to the top % is in overdrive.

I’m not sure I understand your point. Are you saying the US currently is in default?