Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

Inquiring minds want to know

If the GOP holds on and wins by a couple of seats his path to speakership looks dark and fraught with peril. Those crazies in his party will demand impeachments and all that, Trump is already demanding his support in 2024 and then the rest of that caucus will surely object to his going to far over to the hard core Freedom Causcus side. 

What a mess! 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have a real hard time seeing McCarthy being able to whip 218 votes if he only has a couple of seats for a margin. 

Scalise is already gunning for him and others will likely sense weakness. As much as the Dems losing the House will suck, the silver lining will be the chaos of the GOP tearing itself apart. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I have a real hard time seeing McCarthy being able to whip 218 votes if he only has a couple of seats for a margin. 

Scalise is already gunning for him and others will likely sense weakness. As much as the Dems losing the House will suck, the silver lining will be the chaos of the GOP tearing itself apart. 

If the GOP tearing itself apart results in new House leadership, someone like Marco Rubio leading the R Senate and a Presidential nominee in Ron DeSantis, it will all have been worth it for any Republican that wants to own 2024. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

He will, but I don’t think McConnell is safe. 

I have a hard time seeing McConnell go down. 

He’s probably the most brilliant tactical and strategic mind in the Senate since LBJ.

Who is going to take him down? Little Marco? That guy from Florida whose plan for the midterm was to tell everyone he wanted to raise their taxes?

I think the most likely outcome for him is that he decides when to hang it up and transitions the leadership to Thune. 

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I’d love to see if Rep have like 219, 220, a moderate Republican make a deal with the Dems.

Or the Dems offer a Liz Chaney, Adam Kinzinger that they’d put their 216/217 behind and find a couple Rep. votes.

I don’t see anyway a GOP Rep voted for Nancy. She is too toxic for the brand, even for moderates. 

I’m not sure what the Dem strategy will be. Likely, they will be focused on their internal leadership which is grossly overdue for change. 

However unlikely it would be, them nominating Cheney or Kinzinger would be a lot of fun, though. 

• Tiberius changed the title to Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

They need to grab McConell by the snap of the neck carry him to the door & kick him in the ass as they throw him out he is the biggest flip flopping puss i've ever seen i bet his wife wears the pants in that house hold ...

They are all no counts Dems & Pubs alike fire them all & start all over a new !! 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:15 AM, Tiberius said:

A deal with Democrats and moderate Republicans? lol 

She's a TOTAL POS !! When you look in Websters for the definition of a POS you will see her picture by the explanation ...

Edited by T master

I sat in a room with a bunch of political consultants in 2003 and we all agreed he would never be leader. I’ll stick with it.

People in his own party have often called him stupid and unable to do the actual job. His own people said that 20 years ago.