Proper Gear for Game Sunday?

tjwbills

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I did find it odd that the Bills official email sent this out to fans the other week, a sponsored ad for battery operated clothing, while their weekly "What You Need to Know for Game Day" email always specifically says these items are prohibited.

• Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.) are prohibited.

%7Bb96de562-7af2-4288-845f-31eff3c24442%

SHHHH!

The fine people at Fieldsher Mobile Warming don't need to know that! 

I'm sure the Bills were still more than happy to take their money.

• Haha (+1) 1

I've memtioned it other years, Do  NOT wear a Tyvek suit. Brother worked at CECOS in Niagara Fallsand got us clean new ones. Looked like snowmen in the stands. The suits are impervious to the rain and snow, but are also impervious to sweat and keep it all inside. We were soaked from all the sweat during  the game. Never did try it again.

Edited by Wacka

5 hours ago, tjwbills said:

Coming in from out of town for the game Sunday and I am looking for thoughts on what the locals would consider the right layering and gear to stay warm and dry through tailgate and game. Thanks and Go Bills!

Most important thing is the socks. Have to get warm ski/wool socks and maybe double it up depending your cold tolerance also with some nice warm boots. Keep the fingers, toes and ears warm and your good 

5 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I did find it odd that the Bills official email sent this out to fans the other week, a sponsored ad for battery operated clothing, while their weekly "What You Need to Know for Game Day" email always specifically says these items are prohibited.

• Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.) are prohibited.

%7Bb96de562-7af2-4288-845f-31eff3c24442%

Yeah I’ve seen the battery operated clothing banned too. So stupid. 

Once I hit 50, I do not mess around with anything in upper 30s and drizzle all day (per Patrick Hammer this morning). Snow boots, rain/snow pants/ and winter jacket with gloves. The weather is gonna suck, no doubt about that...again, per Patrick Hammer. He basically said raining turning to snow and then patches of dryness but mostly drizzle/mist throughout day. Hopefully that crap forecast changes in the next 24 hours

6 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

Put extra keys on your key ring to shake/jingle them to make crowd noise. Everyone wearing gloves really takes something away from the crowd on defensive 3rd downs

the crowd in general has seemed a lot quieter this season… even when the game is still close (in other words, the first quarter-and-a-half of our 3 home games so far)

11 hours ago, tjwbills said:

Coming in from out of town for the game Sunday and I am looking for thoughts on what the locals would consider the right layering and gear to stay warm and dry through tailgate and game. Thanks and Go Bills!

Hunter heat packs are a MUST or you will spend the whole game thinking about how much longer you have to be there because your feet are freezing.

Heat packs in your boots/gloves are the best thing of all time while sitting outside in the cold.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.