For the people asking what's taking White so long...

HardyBoy

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do you even mean there was a setback? Like in his surgery? 

Look at the situation. They never showed panic at CB. Which I found surprising. All offseason. They let Wallace walk for a Siran Neal like deal.  They didn’t sign anyone. 

They draft a 1st and 6th round CB. Then camps start and the 6th rounder is outperforming the 1st rounder. Still no panic from the front office. They start the season with those guys rotating opposite Jackson.

The only time they signed a CB was when Jackson and Benford were hurt.

When exactly was the setback? In camp White was running and doing agility drills off to the side.

A setback is pure speculation. But I believe he showed up to camp did some work on the side for a few days and then disappeared for several weeks. Of course he could have been doing exaclty what the medical staff wanted him to do and we just don't know it. But him showing up to camp and then going unseen is probably fueling the speculation.  

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

A setback is pure speculation. But I believe he showed up to camp did some work on the side for a few days and then disappeared for several weeks. Of course he could have been doing exaclty what the medical staff wanted him to do and we just don't know it. But him showing up to camp and then going unseen is probably fueling the speculation.  

He never disappeared.

26 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

^ Literally the post above your's said it perfectly

Because at one point the guy was only coming back from his first acl tear and looks like he screwed up the rehab sadly.

If the muscles are imbalanced strength wise or don't have sufficient endurance, including the little muscles, then that leads to secondary injuries. Basically the oppisite side muscle can't support the amount force being generated (usually the quad is stronger than the hamstring for example) and the force is then transfered to the ligaments and tendons and you get an Achilles tear or hamstring tears.

Look at rates of knee injuries in girls high school sports. Dwarfs those of boys. Has a bit to do with lower center of gravity I believe, but really it's because of muscle imbalance and the muscles not being as strong. 

You don't rush back from knee injuries, especially where there was a prolonged lack of physical activity not because of the ligament, but because of the muscles around it.

That's obviously an outlier.  No indication that is what White is/has been experiencing. 

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, it said something completely and entirely unrelated to my post you are replying to. Something I didn't refer to in any way. Whether it said it perfectly I'll leave to the judgment of others. 

But thanks for answering my post by referring unclearly (which post? the one just before me? What?) to something irrelevant to it.

Oh no! I messed up the order of the posts! I meant to post the other guys post first and then use yours to prove my point! I was not just agreeing with you, I was saying you were saying it better than I could!

On 11/10/2022 at 4:20 PM, Pete said:

Again- who is saying that?

There were many  people with Holiday Inn Express medical knowledge here in the off-season saying Tre should be available at the start of the season.  I don’t remember names but if you want to go thru the archives, have at it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:05 PM, HardyBoy said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34997019/49ers-cb-jason-verrett-suffers-season-ending-achilles-injury

Edit2: Actually fully relevant. He tore his acl in 2016 and has had chronic significant knee and lower leg injuries ever since. Looks like the first knee injury turned into a secondary knee issue, which turned into an Achilles, which turned into another acl, which turned into this most recent Achilles. 

Edit: this poor dude must have something going on with his mechanics (like RGIII or Zion Williamson in the nba). Not sure it's the best comp fully in retrospect because of it to White, but gotta be careful rushing people back if they are showing muscle imbalance or not adequate muscle endurance, which again I'm not sure is the case here. This guy tore the knee Sept last year too, so before White by over 2 months: 

"The Achilles tear is the latest in a long list of significant injuries Verrett has suffered since entering the league as a first-round pick of the Chargers in the 2014 NFL draft. Before Verrett tore his right ACL on Sept. 12, 2021, he also had played just six games in a four-season span (2016-18 with the Chargers and 2019 with the Niners) because of a torn left ACL in 2016, persistent knee issues in 2017 and a torn right Achilles in 2018 that lingered into 2019."

He's physically ready.  Both McDermott and beane has eluded to this.  Doesn't mean hes:

1.  Ready for game speed. 

2.  Mentally ready. 

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

While I knew we wouldn't see White until sometime in the 2nd half of the season, at this point we may be overcautious and saving him for a playoff run that doesn't come to fruition especially if we have to go the WC route and will likely exit early.

Listen to his interviews. Could be as much mental as anything.  He will go this week. 

I feel Buffalo is being smart and supportive of Tre.  Look at Baltimore.  Dobbins and Edwards are both coming off ACLs.  Dobbins is out again with a knee problem and Edwards is out with a hamstring.  Buffalo is allowing White to have a training camp type ramp up.  I view training camp as Whites OTAs and the last few weeks have been his training camp.  I think we are close to him playing.  Maybe not a full game but getting on the field.  I think he plays this week or next week.  This is a situation that makes Buffalo appealing to potential FA.  Give your players the best runway post injury.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I feel Buffalo is being smart and supportive of Tre.  Look at Baltimore.  Dobbins and Edwards are both coming off ACLs.  Dobbins is out again with a knee problem and Edwards is out with a hamstring.  Buffalo is allowing White to have a training camp type ramp up.  I view training camp as Whites OTAs and the last few weeks have been his training camp.  I think we are close to him playing.  Maybe not a full game but getting on the field.  I think he plays this week or next week.  This is a situation that makes Buffalo appealing to potential FA.  Give your players the best runway post injury.  

I think is good to go this week, Elam is out for tomorrow which leads me to billieve Tre is in.

On 11/11/2022 at 6:40 AM, LeGOATski said:

Milano has one of the worst missed tackle percentage on the defense; 7.5%, only better than Dane Jackson, Kair Elam, and Daquan Jones. They miss Matt Milano, but not because of his tackling.

That might be true but Milano makes big time plays in big time moments in the game and the run defense is alot better with him on the field then without him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.