A loss against the Vikings will reshape the entire AFC landscape and playoff picture

FilthyBeast

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still see this team being in the playoffs as well barring a complete disaster, but what's it really going to matter if we are a WC team in a loaded AFC conference. There's also a reason the 90's Bills teams made 4 straight SB's and why KC also made 2 in recent years. Pretty sure that the Pats and Brady had home field throughout in the playoffs for all but 2 of their 9 SB trips as well, it's because playing at home matters and that's what this team needed this year for any real shot at a SB before the current window starts to close quickly.

Um...

Buff's third trip to the Super Bowl was as a Wild Card.  Your argument is invalid.  They needed to win a home and then two road playoff games to get there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's a long season... 

IF we lost to go to 6-3 there are plenty of games left. I could see 12-5 in that scenario, or even 11-6 if Allen misses a few weeks. Either way, we get into the tournament. 

And most people had us at 6-2 right now, only difference is they were going with losses to the rams and chiefs. 

the standings will matter in 5 weeks. If we lose Sunday it won’t be the end of the world. If we lose Josh for a long stretch, it will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still see this team being in the playoffs as well barring a complete disaster, but what's it really going to matter if we are a WC team in a loaded AFC conference?

McD has proven he's not a true wartime playoff coach and there's a reason why he's 0-4 lifetime on the road in these games. There's also a reason the 90's Bills teams made 4 straight SB's and why KC also made 2 in recent years. Pretty sure that the Pats and Brady had home field throughout in the playoffs for all but 2 of their 9 SB trips as well, it's because playing at home matters and that's what this team needed this year for any real shot at a SB before the current window starts to close quickly.

The 92 Bills beat the Oilers at home, the comeback game. Then went on the road for wins at Steelers & Dolphins. They won on the road as a WC

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It comes down to the safeties. Hamlin is a JAG, Jaquan is junq. When Frazier has the horses to go man up he lets the opponent run free through zone holes, then asks Siran Neal to plaster. You just saw what Garrett Freakin' Wilson did to the secondary, what do you think Justin Jefferson is going to do?

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The immediate fallout and impact:

- Bills fall to 3rd place in the AFCE, Dolphins regain division lead (this of course assumes the obvious that they beat a bad Browns team at home)

- Bills fall to all the way to 6th or 7th spot in conference if Chargers win

- KC assumes sole possession of #1 seed (also assuming obvious outcome of facing a bad Jaguars team at home).

We'll find out a lot about this team with our without JA17, but if it's the latter I feel it will probably be a somewhat easy win for the Vikings since they will stack the box and force Keenan to beat them.

Just goes to show that nothing is guaranteed and it's probably a good thing all the superbowl noise has come to an abrupt halt.

Whether things go well or not for the Bills, you remain consistent -- and not in a good way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Watch Keenum go 24 for 30 for 350 yards 3 TD's and 0 INT's. Bills win 31-17. With all the gloom and doom you know this will happen.  This is the game to get the running game going. Hopefully Singletary can get 25 or so carries for 100 yards or more with a TD or two.

14 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I hope I’m wrong but from what I’ve seen of Keenum in a Bills uniform I have 0 faith in him to win us a game while 17 is healing up….

Durning preseason Keenum played with our scrub O-line against the opposing teams first defense.  He didn't have time to do anything.  He should be fine playing with our starters as long as pass protection is there.

I believe he will get the job done when called upon.

Edited by Azucho98

We’re only halfway through the season. The playoff picture will likely change several times before the year is over. 

Let’s relax and hope the boys get it done on Sunday, but either way there is still a long way to go. Holding the tie breaker against KC, Tennessee, and Baltimore doesn’t hurt either. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Discussing bad news from a Bills perspective only makes you a troll if you enjoy it and want the Bills to lose.

Actually, this thread is a Kool Aid drinkers excuse to B word, moan, and spew negativity all over the place.

Are you really not sharp enough to understand what this thread is?

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'd love to believe this but I really think this team is going to look like total trash (at least on offense) without JA17 which is not only a direct indictment on Beane and the front office, but shows that he is truly a legit MVP candidate that has carried this team thus far.

You are desperate to lose here.

Unwilling to wait, so hungry to assume we'll look like trash. I'd hate to live like you are. It "is" not only a direct indictment yadda yadda. Nonsense, of course, but  aside from that, the key word there is "is" as Bill Clinton said. 

No, dude. Not "is." "Would be." It hasn't happened yet, no matter how much some of you folks are clearly aching to see it.

"A loss will reshape ..." you say. Wrong again. A loss could reshape ... or a loss might reshape. Or a loss might possibly reshape. 

All of these are reasonable ways to look at things. Better yet, "If we lose, it would reshape ..."

But no, you're happier assuming we'll lose and assuming that when we lose the worst will happen. You're craving all of this.

So glad I don't live in your world.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I hope I’m wrong but from what I’ve seen of Keenum in a Bills uniform I have 0 faith in him to win us a game while 17 is healing up….

Rather than rely on what hes done in preseason and when burning clock because the starters were pulled in blowouts you may consider looking at this actual career.  Ya know, like a smarter person would do.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's a long season... 

IF we lost to go to 6-3 there are plenty of games left. I could see 12-5 in that scenario, or even 11-6 if Allen misses a few weeks. Either way, we get into the tournament. 

Not entirely clear if 11-6 qualifies for the playoffs this year.  

I was wondering about that.  If Josh misses 2 or 3 games and Keenum can't do squat in any of them, it will be tight when Josh comes back.  May have to sweep the table.  Though we could!

11 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

This is one exciting thread! 

It's been taken over by the Kool Aid Krowd and deteriorated into a whole bunch of Bills fan in-fighting, which is more or less the life blood of this forum.

Bills fans attacking Bills fans.  Great group we have here!

38 minutes ago, TOboy said:

We’re only halfway through the season. The playoff picture will likely change several times before the year is over. 

Let’s relax and hope the boys get it done on Sunday, but either way there is still a long way to go. Holding the tie breaker against KC, Tennessee, and Baltimore doesn’t hurt either. 

the #1 seed picture won't. it's a fair bet to say that's off the table.

14 hours ago, Kaenon said:

They struggled mightily against the Commanders.

We'll have no troubles with the Vikings.

Unless of course, Ragnar Lothbrok decides to show up and play - then watch out!

This is crazy thinking. Yes they struggled against WSH but that’s because Washington d line is incredible and gave them fits. Our d line isn’t exactly as good so cousins will have time and that’s not even counting how much cook is going to eat up our d line. This could get ugly. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.