How much on Sunday will be an evaluation of Brandon Beane?

78thealltimegreat

16 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

How much on Sunday will be an evaluation of Brandon Beane?

Very little.

Every great QB covers warts. It's the nature of the beast. Every roster has warts.

This Bills roster is constructed extremely well.

Any team going from a great QB to it's backup is vastly less good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It is widely believed Buffalo has the best roster in the NFL. Beane built this roster, he can't coach or suit up on Sunday.

The coaches need to coach and the players need to play better.

EVALUATE BEANE...YOUR KIDDING RIGHT ??

Edited by HOUSE
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HOUSE said:

It is widely believed Buffalo has the best roster in the NFL. Beane built this roster, he can't coach or suit up on Sunday.

The coaches need to coach and the players need to play better.

EVALUATE BEANE...YOUR KIDDING RIGHT ??

Well, Beane doesn't have Mahomes or Brady on the bench as our back up QB, so he sucks. 

What do people expect if/when your starting franchise QB is out with injuries? 

Edited by Real McNasty

14 hours ago, McDeerInTheHeadlights said:

He is willing to slightly overpay to retain homegrown talent but sometimes you have no alternatives.

He is a solid GM and that's a job in which you can't be perfect.

Have we?  I think he has done a great job possibly underpaying some of the home grown talent - Josh, Milano stick out the most to me.  

Your second point is amazing and needs to said.  When comparing a GM to perfection by listing a handful of mistakes, the GM will always fail because every GM has those handful of "mistakes".

13 hours ago, gtw3 said:

The thing that a lot of people struggle with is the sample size.

12 hours ago, Mango said:

The board consensus seems to be that Brandon Bean is a witch. Assembled the best roster in the league. But the board consensus also seems to be that we aren’t good enough to beat anybody without Josh. 

I don’t think one game is an indicator positive or negative. But we also can’t have it both ways. 

This.  

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Show me a team that doesnt have a significant drop off when their Franchise QB is out, and I'll show you a team with a bad Franchise QB.

True, but we've all seen backup QBs perform well.  I think this is based on three things:  The QB, the coordinator, and the run game.  As an extreme example, obviously a backup to the 90s Troy Aikman Cowboys should have an advantage when their offense is built on running it for 5 ypc.  The Cooper Rush cowboys got wins, but did not exactly light it up through the air. 

Although it has performed better this year, the Bills don't have the strongest running game.  That is one strike against us and puts more pressure on the coordinator and the QB.

Personally, if Josh is out, I will be very curious how the early scripted plays go.  I have memories of some bad Bills QBs (Emanuel?) having good early drives because of the scripted plays and then struggling when they had to just run the offense.

It's not Beane but McDermott who is a defensive guy put all the investements on defense at thte expense of the offense. So let's see how all the money, all the draft picks spent on the defense will do this Sunday without Allen. All that money could have spent on the o-line and Allen wouldn't be in this predicament with his elbow injury.

• Like (+1) 1

Allie’s injury should reiterate to Beane and McDermott that the Bills offense needs a RB that opposing defenses need to game plan for. That addition would be the final brick to an unstoppable offense. Not to mention, helping our offense when Allen can’t play.

22 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If Josh doesn’t play on Sunday and not really a good or bad topic but how much will you be evaluating the overall roster construction?

Does Josh really mask the warts this team has like the constant talking about a running game or a consistent receiver outside Diggs.

Or does the talent we have step up and be good enough to hold it down til 17 returns? 

Huh?  You take away the best player in the NFL from any team, ESPECIALLY when its a QB, and that is a terrible barometer to rate a team.  No one player is more important in any team sport than the QB is in the NFL.  

We are playing a 7-1 Vikings team, win or lose it does not change how great of GM Beane has been.  Sorry, this is not a good topic

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.