DC Attorney General is filing civil lawsuit for collusion against Snyder, Commanders, Goodell, & NFL

chongli

• chongli changed the title to DC Attorney General is filing civil lawsuit for collusion against Snyder, Commanders, Goodell, & NFL
1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So I guess you would have been happy if the NYS AG sued to get rid of Ralph Wilson and force a sale?  He was arguably a bad owner in the last decade otr so.  Had that happened, high probability the Bills would have left WNY,

Ralph Wilson wasn't a dick. He may have been an underwhelming owner, but he wasn't doing anything to embarass the league and franchise outside of being a Cash to Cap owner

Danile Snyder has done some shady *****, and deserves this

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Ralph Wilson wasn't a dick. He may have been an underwhelming owner, but he wasn't doing anything to embarass the league and franchise outside of being a Cash to Cap owner

Ralph was letting the cheerleaders be pimped out...

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

So who decides which owner is a "dick"?  I am not defending Snyder but it isn't the role of govt.  The power of the "shield" and all that Goddell propaganda and the other owners should decide. Politicans will just increase the cost of everything, litigate it to death and who gets empowered and richer?  Politicians and lawyers.

Personally I wish Snyder would have ratted out the other owners as he alluded to, that would have been great entertainment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I am no fan of Daniel Snyder or this franchise, but it is hard for me to look at this and not think it's politically motivated.

If DC's AG has time to do an investigation into a franchise that's incorporated outside their jurisdiction, amongst all the other issues that they have to deal with... I guess more power to them.  But it is hard for me to believe that this floats to the top of their priority list amongst all the other criminal investigations that could be going on there.  Let Maryland go after the guy.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7

Reminds me of the circus they had with Rodger Clemens testifying in front of the Senate(?) as to whether or not he ever did PEDs.  These politicians claim how critical and important they are, what was the point of getting involved the baseball PED scandal.  

There was no point, they wanted to get the sound bytes on TV against the evil dark lord Rodger Clemens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, boyst said:

i'm so glad OUR government does this to protect us!

Regardless of being a private business or a government entity, I am glad to see the attorney generals office looking into stuff like this.

Laws are in place for a reason.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Seems like your politics is leading to some poor assumptions on your part.  The DC AG only works for the district, not the whole country. As I am a resident of NY state, he doesn’t work for me. His job is to be the “people’s lawyer” for those in DC. Seems to me like he’s doing that here. And why couldn’t an AG file suit on behalf of those people against a person or corporation? That’s literally part of the job.

As for Snyder, his own actions have brought this on himself regarding the AG’s suit - and again the AG is doing his job. A lack of stadium deal nothing to do with him playing DC ball. He’s so toxic that it’s political suicide for a local politician to support using public funds for a new stadium with him as the owner. He also has no allies left amongst other NFL owners to get league support and money for it.

The entire territory is under the exclusive control of the Federal Government since 1801.

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So because YOU dont like Dan Snyder you think it is a good use of  time and effort to force a sale?

Lets think about this for a second.

So I guess you would have been happy if the NYS AG sued to get rid of Ralph Wilson and force a sale?  He was arguably a bad owner in the last decade otr so.  Had that happened, high probability the Bills would have left WNY,

Or better still, lets nationalize the sport force every owner to sell and let the politicians run the operations.  I see no downside to that at all.  They will manage to run is as efficiently as the Post Office.

My feelings about Snyder are not important. His actions and the impact of those actions on the people in DC and in the football team he owns are what’s important. 

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The entire territory is under the exclusive control of the Federal Government since 1801.

I understand that. Do you understand that the AG for DC only works for the residents of DC, not the residents of the entire US?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So because YOU dont like Dan Snyder you think it is a good use of  time and effort to force a sale?

Lets think about this for a second.

Or better still, lets nationalize the sport force every owner to sell and let the politicians run the operations.  I see no downside to that at all.  They will manage to run is as efficiently as the Post Office.

There was an investigation into a problematic workplace environment. This particular lawsuit is claiming that there was an organized effort between the commissioner of the NFL and the owner of the commanders to mislead those investigators during their investigation. Should we be ok with our government investigating on behalf of citizens who report a workplace for putting employees in harmful situations? Of course we should. If, during the investigation, the investigating body finds evidence of the workplace purposely sabotaging the investigation should we be ok with our government suing the workplace over it? Of course we should. This is the purpose of government, to protect it's citizens. I think you lost focus of the situation here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My feelings about Snyder are not important. His actions and the impact of those actions on the people in DC and in the football team he owns are what’s important. 

Every owners actions impact the many of the  people in that area, so what.  If Snyder broke that law and they can prove it, arrest and him and charge him.    Just being a "dick"  or a terrible owner is not against the law.

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

Regardless of being a private business or a government entity, I am glad to see the attorney generals office looking into stuff like this.

Laws are in place for a reason.

You realize this is a civil matter not criminal, right? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.