Forum Tech Issue: Anyone else having a problem when hitting next page?

ColoradoBills

10 hours ago, Steptide said:

Don't have this particular issue, but I do have an issue when I type a reply and hit submit reply, it doesn't do anything. Then I have to reload the page and re type my reply. It's very annoying 

I've had a different, but somewhat similar issue occasionally. After I respond and hit submit reply, nothing happens, but it actually posts. I end up hitting submit multiple times, and when I check, I see my post appearing multiple times. Only happens about once a month though.

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I tried to remove it for about an hour last week. Now it's gone. Go figure.

I just checked, and you're right. It was there on mobile for me this afternoon, but now it's gone.

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's something with the Edge browser.  I went onto Chrome and it works fine.  There was just an update a couple days ago and

I'm sure it's in that.  Maybe the next update will fix it.

I hate when Edge updates. It started entering predictions here when I typed a response. I had to do multiple searches on how to fix it. It wasn't on the settings like the first solution I googled said.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2022 at 10:46 AM, ColoradoBills said:

I want to ask if anyone has this problem when getting to the bottom of a thread page?

I always hit the next page number and it goes to the top of the next page.

Now when I click the next page, it goes to the bottom of the next page, and I have to scroll back to the top.

I can't find a setting for anything like this and never had this issue before and just wondered if anyone else is having this issue.

It happens on my laptop.

I've been having this same bottom of page issue about once a week for the past month or two (on a computer with Microsoft Edge). I just tested it on a different thread, and it didn't happen. So it seems it be random.

[EDIT: also, when I clicked "submit" to post, nothing happened. So I clicked again and still nothing. But when I checked the thread just now, it did post and appeared twice, so I just deleted the extra post.]

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, chongli said:

[EDIT: also, when I clicked "submit" to post, nothing happened. So I clicked again and still nothing. But when I checked the thread just now, it did post and appeared twice, so I just deleted the extra post.]

I've had this happen. This is the scenario that I've come up with.  You're submitting a post to a thread, but you are not on the last page of the thread, so it looks like it did not post, so you hit submit again.  Your post is getting posted, but because you are not on the last page of the thread, you don't see it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I've had this happen. This is the scenario that I've come up with.  You're submitting a post to a thread, but you are not on the last page of the thread, so it looks like it did not post, so you hit submit again.  Your post is getting posted, but because you are not on the last page of the thread, you don't see it.  

You know, now that I think of it, I was not on the last page when I posted. Good catch...I would never have noticed that.

[But at the same time, now that I just remembered I quoted the OP's initial post in my post above on this thread with more than one page. But I've done that before in other threads with more than one page, and I think it does submit...I think?? Now I am wondering]

[And thank you for not saying "this is the 'theory' I've come up with", as many people would have said. If you have taken science courses, you might cringe at this use of "theory", lol. My biology professor did.]

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.