Forum Tech Issue: Anyone else having a problem when hitting next page?

ColoradoBills

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I want to ask if anyone has this problem when getting to the bottom of a thread page?

I always hit the next page number and it goes to the top of the next page.

Now when I click the next page, it goes to the bottom of the next page, and I have to scroll back to the top.

I can't find a setting for anything like this and never had this issue before and just wondered if anyone else is having this issue.

It happens on my laptop.

I have had essentially the same issue for many months. Typically I click on a forum headline from the News page and it will open to the bottom of the second page of the thread. I have to click to get to the first page and then scroll up to see the OP's post.

I'm using a laptop running a Chrome browser. This is the only site where I have this issue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's something with the Edge browser.  I went onto Chrome and it works fine.  There was just an update a couple days ago and

I'm sure it's in that.  Maybe the next update will fix it.

The next update to edge will support Macromedia Shockwave player.

If you get it, you get it. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, InTheBuffAllTheTime said:

I have had essentially the same issue for many months. Typically I click on a forum headline from the News page and it will open to the bottom of the second page of the thread. I have to click to get to the first page and then scroll up to see the OP's post.

I'm using a laptop running a Chrome browser. This is the only site where I have this issue.

I don't know about from the News page but if you click on the title page on the board it'll take you to the first new post since you've last been on a topic.

19 minutes ago, InTheBuffAllTheTime said:

ditto

19 minutes ago, InTheBuffAllTheTime said:

this was actually a “feature“ that has gone away. The idea of being that we mostly serve return users, so many people have already read a portion of most topics. if they clicked on one of those headlines it would take them to the last unread post in that topic. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for replying.  Are you on a PC/Laptop or on your phone?  I'm just trying to troubleshoot if it's in one or the other

operating systems.

It works fine on my iPad, the only device I ever use for the site. Wish I could help. 

Edited by Augie

59 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That show was so good, one of the best bits especially the follow up in the note he left his son where he's completely aware of his audible to jumping out the window.

My favorite still is showing off "the internet" to the other departments. 

I'm sure I work with a few PhDs that would believe it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.