Using Josh situationally while his elbow is <100%

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Keenum's lively arm can keep defenses honest on early downs.  But I can see Allen being of value in short yardage situations where throwing shouldn't do further damage but the threat of him doing Josh Allen things opens stuff up.  Plus it makes defenses have to plan for 2 QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If he can play he starts and plays all the plays.

If he can't then he sits. Pretty simple. 

You don't bring your injured franchise QB off the bench to run a QB sneak or end around.

While I normally would back this logic, I will say the injury is a minor one to his throwing elbow.  So don't think there is much chance of further injury to his specific injury if we used him in some 3rd and short, 4th and short, or goal line situations.  

Even though the most important thing is making a SB and winning it, we are still the #1 seed in the AFC only by a tie breaker, and we are only a half game up on our division while also being 0-2 in our division.  

So, this game is still important both in our quest for home field advantage as well as winning our division.  And for that, I wouldn't be opposed to see Josh used creatively in a way that doesn't put his elbow injury at risk if we needed it this game.  

I am not sure why people assume he can't play with this injury. What he injured is not going to effect much of anything in terms of throwing the ball. The only way to reinjure it is if he gets hit exactly the same way again which is unlikely.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SaratogaMike said:

Josh is always talking about improving himself, being a better version of himself, etc. You know, he could have spent some time in the offseason working on throwing left handed. Then we would not be in this mess.

Thanks for the unique perspective but.....do we know for certain that he can't? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.