Allen Injury a Good Thing?

Irv

47 minutes ago, Irv said:

Maybe there is a bright side to JA17 getting injured. Never want anyone to get injured, but maybe this will force others, particularly the coaching staff, OL, and RB's to get the running game going for once.  The whole offence has totally relied on Josh for everything.  Now it's their turn tom step up and hopefully translate to a more balanced offense down the stretch.   

Get well soon JA.   

If you thought the run game would be tough when defenses were most worried about Allen's arm, it won't get much easier when they will be expecting a 50/50 or greater balance.

• Agree 1

I think the OP is asking if some good will come out of a possible injury.  It’s very possible some growth might come out of it.  Such as running the ball.  Josh might actually realize how dangerous each hit is finally. For one I don’t understand why we don’t have a better backup.  And maybe they need to learn to protect JA better or address the OL.  

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Case has been in the league a long time. He is capable of helping the Bills get a win this weekend vs Minnesota. The rest of the team will have to pick it up if Allen can't go. If Allen can go the rest of the team should still pick it up. Allen shouldn't have to be a one-man gang out there.

We can say everything about the effort all the team will have regard JA absence, everyone accountable etc etc… but fact is that Case, even if in the League long time, is not a top QB. 

45 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

irv-weinstein.jpg?w=300&h=225

“It’s 11 o’clock. Do you know where your children are?”

“Topping tonight’s Eyewitness News, a three alarm fire guts a warehouse in Buffalo and another fatal shooting rocks the city’s west side. … Don’t touch your dial.”

Holy crap!! I remember him as a kid watching him on one of the 3 channels we got on our TV, is he still alive???

Edited by HopelessNJBuffaloFan
  • Like (+1) 1

If it was an ankle, or shin bruise, or non-throwing shoulder then it wouldn't be as worrisome. 

But, this is injury #2 to throwing elbow. 

Josh's game revolves around the power in that right arm, so the worry is degrading that arm strength. 

In a sense I do agree Irv that the coaches most likely will run the ball more, and I am not complaining about Cook getting more touches, but the defense also knows that, so some of the possible benefit could be potentially masked. 

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Maybe there is a bright side to JA17 getting injured. Never want anyone to get injured, but maybe this will force others, particularly the coaching staff, OL, and RB's to get the running game going for once.  The whole offence has totally relied on Josh for everything.  Now it's their turn tom step up and hopefully translate to a more balanced offense down the stretch.   

Get well soon JA.   

Lol you had to expect all the downvotes, but you're right.

"A good thing", no. Could it potentially pay some dividends, I do think so. Gunna have to dial up Knox cook Davis and everyone on the line will need to step up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.