Allen Injury a Good Thing?

Irv

33 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

You forgot to mention the “pistol packing punks”

he was a good one. 

Was it a bad thing when Reich replaced Kelly and led the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history?

as for frank, absolutely not. he was great in place of jk, stepped up big time, the greatest comeback. It was bedlam, pandemonium and fandemonium, I'll tell ya...but keenum. is just that, a back up. I have a hard time believing he will do anything as great or even great for that matter. but again, we are talking back ups and just hope they don't need to be much of a placement through the season. if he has to step in, the 12th man and those in the huddle should at least keep the intensity level up and maybe he has a good game and they get the win?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Josh Allen getting hurt was, is and always will be bad thing. He is our best player. I think Buffalo Bills fans thinking the Bills will be fine are going get a wake up call if Josh Allen can’t play. If he can’t play for a extended period I don’t see the Bills making the playoffs that is how much of a drop off it is. Sean McDermott isn’t a good coach John Allen has been carrying this team and that bum of a coach for years now. It is like saying the New York Yankees will be fine without Babe Ruth you fools that actually think Sean McDermott is a good coach and Josh Allen isn’t a huge loss potentially. I am not in a good mood as a Buffalo fan the UB Bulls wet themselves last night giving up a 17 point lead because Maurice Linquist can’t coach. I wanted to climb into my television set and fire Maurice Linquist myself last night except that technically hasn’t been developed yet and the Buffalo Sabres are losing again at alarming rate again. The Vegas Golden Knights game tonight is a must win for the Sabres in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Josh Allen getting hurt was, is and always will be bad thing. He is our best player. I think Buffalo Bills fans thinking the Bills will be fine are going get a wake up call if Josh Allen can’t play. If he can’t play for a extended period I don’t see the Bills making the playoffs that is how much of a drop off it is. Sean McDermott isn’t a good coach John Allen has been carrying this team and that bum of a coach for years now. It is like saying the New York Yankees will be fine without Babe Ruth you fools that actually think Sean McDermott is a good coach and Josh Allen isn’t a huge loss potentially. I am not in a good mood as a Buffalo fan the UB Bulls wet themselves last night giving up a 17 point lead because Maurice Linquist can’t coach. I wanted to climb into my television set and fire Maurice Linquist myself last night except that technically hasn’t been developed yet and the Buffalo Sabres are losing again at alarming rate again. The Vegas Golden Knights game tonight is a must win for the Sabres in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Bro, step back away from the ledge!

It's going to be OK!

BTW: I agree with you that we may well lose all games Josh does not start.

Regarding the Sabres, they are playing Vegas and Boston next, the best teams in each of the conferences.

The losing streak may well go to 5; hang in there; they are much better now.

55 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Was it a bad thing when Reich replaced Kelly and led the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history?

You forgot to mention the “pistol packing punks”

Was it a bad thing when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

3 hours ago, JoeF said:

I truly believe Josh will be standing on the sidelines with an earbud on Sunday.  The Bills won't risk anything worse happening to the elbow.  They have higher aspirations than beating the Vikings in a regular season game.  If sitting out for a game or two or three heals him, then do it.

I think you’re probably right, but I’m wondering if it would be helpful for his own dev to be up in the booth with Dorsey, at least for a half.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

I think you’re probably right, but I’m wondering if it would be helpful for his own dev to be up in the booth with Dorsey, at least for a half.

Just don't come between Dorsey and his tablet....that could be season ending...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Irv said:

Maybe there is a bright side to JA17 getting injured. Never want anyone to get injured, but maybe this will force others, particularly the coaching staff, OL, and RB's to get the running game going for once.  The whole offence has totally relied on Josh for everything.  Now it's their turn tom step up and hopefully translate to a more balanced offense down the stretch.   

Get well soon JA.   

That which does not destroy the Bills makes them stronger

Just now, PaulieYayo said:

Back to my original comment…JA getting injured Is never a good thing 

back to my comment.  After Josh hurdles KC defender he had a giant welt on his ass.  Then my theory is Josh was concussed on his "I love that *****!"
 run.  Josh has not been himself ever since.

So yes I am agreement Josh injured is NEVER good. 

But I think teams have been taking big shots at Josh all season.  Josh will tough out the whole season if its his choice, no matter how injured IMO

I think a game or two rest might be great for Josh.  It's a long season.  We need Josh healthy as can be in January and February!

10 hours ago, Irv said:

Maybe there is a bright side to JA17 getting injured. Never want anyone to get injured, but maybe this will force others, particularly the coaching staff, OL, and RB's to get the running game going for once.  The whole offence has totally relied on Josh for everything.  Now it's their turn tom step up and hopefully translate to a more balanced offense down the stretch.   

Get well soon JA.   

Here are the three most important players on the Bills offense:  Joshua...  Patrick...  Allen...

I agree the offense needs some tweaking, but there is no bright side to JA17 being injured.  

10 hours ago, Irv said:

Get well soon JA.   

What if our running game is still ineffective and we lose because Josh didn't pick up the slack?

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Why would watching a game live from the sidelines help him more than watching all-22 game footage of his own play?

Have people on this board never seen a QB go through a slump and play their way out of it? It happened to Allen himself last year a couple of times. 20 years we waited for a franchise QB, one bad game and a bunch of fans are coming up with panicky solutions.

A bunch of players were talking about how Josh is "coaching" everyone from the sideline. McKenzie said that Josh was watching him and said, "I didn't realize you ran that route like that." 

That's a small thing but proof that Josh can learn some things from the sideline.

Am I saying it's going to lead to some major epiphanies? No. But it's possible to discover some things — or perhaps relearn some old perspectives that may have slipped a bit — from the sideline.

12 hours ago, Believer said:

Common sense and McD-speak says Allen sits… and Keenum starts…

Big test for Dorsey… Case brings his own strengths and weaknesses… Up to Dorsey to adapt his play-calling to his player

I am with you on the bolded. The game plan is crucial this Sunday. If Allen cannot start Dorsey must call plays that Mr Keenum can execute well. That will help take the onus off of him and onto people that can help him as outlets like Motor, Cook, Hines. Dawson Knox come on now Dorsey give my boy more touches Please!

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.