Allen Injury a Good Thing?

Irv

Maybe there is a bright side to JA17 getting injured. Never want anyone to get injured, but maybe this will force others, particularly the coaching staff, OL, and RB's to get the running game going, for once.  The whole offence has totally relied on Josh for everything.  Now it's their turn to step up and hopefully, translate to a more balanced offence down the stretch.   

Get well soon JA.   

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Maybe there is a bright side to JA17 getting injured. Never want anyone to get injured, but maybe this will force others, particularly the coaching staff, OL, and RB's to get the running game going for once.  The whole offence has totally relied on Josh for everything.  Now it's their turn tom step up and hopefully translate to a more balanced offense down the stretch.   

Get well soon JA.   

No - no injury is a "good thing"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

6 minutes ago, Irv said:

Maybe there is a bright side to JA17 getting injured. Never want anyone to get injured, but maybe this will force others, particularly the coaching staff, OL, and RB's to get the running game going for once.  The whole offence has totally relied on Josh for everything.  Now it's their turn tom step up and hopefully translate to a more balanced offense down the stretch.   

Get well soon JA.   

I absolutely get what you are saying. Plus, with how he has played recently— may be nice for him to watch from the sidelines for a different perspective. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1

Coaches too stubborn. They'll run even less than before and shift to a dime D. But on a positive note Case was 2-0 last year in games he started. Combined qbr mid 90's.  Who knows what lies ahead. Injuries are never good and this years Injuries have been ridiculous. 

Thanks Quessenberry 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

No.  It is not a "good thing" that our all-world QB is hurt.

I do understand what your intentions are with the thread though, that the coaches may be forced to look into different avenues to generate offense and it may provide versatility down the road.  I just refuse to ever say that Josh being injured is a "good thing" in any way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

No JA no party, my friend. 

And i’m sorry to say that with Case we are screwed. 

So let’s hope that JA will be ready vs Minny… let’s pray !!!!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Case has been in the league a long time. He is capable of helping the Bills get a win this weekend vs Minnesota. The rest of the team will have to pick it up if Allen can't go. If Allen can go the rest of the team should still pick it up. Allen shouldn't have to be a one-man gang out there.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Irv said:

Get well soon JA.   

There was a post last week or was it Sunday night after the Jets loss suggesting Allen should be benched so he can watch from the sideline.

I'll start a conspiracy theory that the injury is a fake and this is just their way of benching him but saving face so the coaches aren't ripped for benching him and it's better for Allen's ego!!

If Kyrie Irving is a poster on 2BD I'm sure he'd agree with me!

25 minutes ago, Irv said:

Get well soon JA.   

No.

3 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

No.  It is not a "good thing" that our all-world QB is hurt.

I do understand what your intentions are with the thread though, that the coaches may be forced to look into different avenues to generate offense and it may provide versatility down the road.  I just refuse to ever say that Josh being injured is a "good thing" in any way.

The thing is, if the coaches can't self-analyze after the loss to the Jets and make necessary adjustments and do whatever is necessary to get through to Josh WITHOUT the injury, they really aren't championship-caliber coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The thing is, if the coaches can't self-analyze after the loss to the Jets and make necessary adjustments and do whatever is necessary to get through to Josh WITHOUT the injury, they really aren't championship-caliber coaches.

I said that I understood what the OP was trying to say.  Not that I necessarily agreed with him.  I know that some people disagree with me here, but I think we have one of the best coaching staffs in the entire league.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.