Best Restaurants in Buffalo ?????

hellofellowbillsfans

16 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Interesting stuff thanks for sharing.

We frequent this location since it has opened, as we are 8 minutes away. They always seem to have some weird new fruity or wacky combination, like the jelly donut, Trix, etc.

I agree on the food, and we’ve learned what we generally like when we go, and what to avoid. 

Overall it’s a great spot for friends families food and drink.

Man, now I want a NYBP pretzel and a destination…

Destination is a great IPA 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Hmm...I would put Anderson's chicken sandwiches up against anyone's...best chicken sandwich I have ever had and I've had a lot of them. Never tried Grover's tho. I have heard a LOT of people speak well of that place in random conversations.

Anderson's is good.  Grover's is another level.  The Cattleman Chicken Sandwich (or burger if you prefer the beef)........you're welcome.

8 hours ago, buffalobill43 said:

Not to hijack this thread but we will be in Buffalo for the first time ever for the Vikings game.  Really only have Saturday and then Sunday after the game to experience Buffalo.  Looking for a good place to catch some college football and eat wings on Saturday.  I've heard Bar Bill, Duff's or Gabriel's Gate, are any of these good places to sit for a few hours with TV's/various games on?  Thanks for any insight.

The OP tapped and said thanks 60 comments ago. 🤪

11 minutes ago, 27yanks said:

Been 44 years, what's going on with Elmwood Ave these days. Used to be some great places, Mighty Taco, Minuet (Spelling) Pizzeria. 

Elmwood is poppin' these days. Lively scene with a lot of hipster type places and "greenerization" going on there

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The OP tapped and said thanks 60 comments ago. 🤪

Yeah but this is great even for people who live here...there are so many hidden gems in WNY that nobody has been to all of them.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Favorite local IPA?

That’s a great question. Hayburner is uneven and I don’t love that they moved it toward more of a NEIPA. I’m not really a NEIPA fan. Sticky Trees is pretty good. I really do not love a lot of local IPAs. My favorites available locally are Three Floyds Zombie Dust, Fathead’s Headhunter, Cigar City Jai Alai and Bells Two Hearted. Dogfishhead has good IPAs as does Sierra Nevada and Lauganitas. Outside of that and other IPAs from the breweries mentioned above, I like IPAs from Deschutes, The Alchemist (working through a case of Heady Topper now) and Prison City. Honorable mention to Lawson’s Sip ‘o Sunshine, but there have been some issues with distribution and freshness. Fresh it’s great though.

And that’s the best advice I can give you. Find fresh IPAs you like and drink up. That style degrades faster than any other. Feel free to ask me about beers or breweries. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tony P said:

The Left Bank on the West side. One of the best meals I've ever had anywhere. Everyone I've ever sent there agrees. You will not be disappointed.

Outstanding service and great food. The Left Bank Restaurant

Wow this place looks good. Can't believe its been there for 30 years and I've never been. Will hexk this out next time.

• Like (+1) 3

@BillsFanInRaleigh I love this topic. The only thing that has been able to get my mind off Ulnar ligaments.

Gotta second the Mr. Sizzles rec. The Butter Burger and the chicken sandwiches there are just awesome.

Swan Street Diner is great for pancakes, burgers, eggs, etc. A real sweet spot, a legit old train car diner.

We grew up on extra crispy hot wings from Duff's on Sheridan. Still love them there.

Gabriel's Gate wings are as good or better, and love their vibe. And love the suicidal sauce wings at Anchor Bar, the original. Black pepper! 

Duende, the waterside bar down in Silo City is an amazing place to hang, especially when they have live music and an outdoor fire. Try their special aged rum, forgot it's name but it's great stuff.

Buffalo is FULL of cool places to eat and drink.

PS if you're into live music, from punk to hip hop, hit up Nietzsche's. The real deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, pi2000 said:

One word... 

Mighty Taco

Decades ago, I had the pleasure of eating at the original, grungy, only-one-in-the-galaxy Mighty Taco.  Tremendous flavors.

On my last visit to Buffalo, I raved about Mighty to my family.  But when we ate at one, I was crushed to discover that Mighty had devolved into a bad version of Taco Bell.  

Don't go.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

What part of town are you staying in?  Also are you from Buffalo?  That would impact my recommendation for Italian food. If you are near Tonawanda, Prescott’s Provisions is my rec. Make reservations, share a bunch of plates and get dessert. 

Prescott's is probably my favorite restaurant in Buffalo.  Fantastic meal every single time.  

• Agree 1

As a Buffalo ex-pat, I have to confess that I do not consider Buffalo a great foodie city.   It's not nearly in the same league, for example, as LA, San Fran, Chicago or NY.   Even more Buffalo-sized Portland OR has it beat.

However, I do eat well when I visit Buffalo by focusing on what Buffalo does best:

Pizza.   Buffalo pizza is widely underrated.  I can't support my position with scientific studies, but I'll still make this assertion: There are more GOOD pizza places per capita in Buffalo than any other city in the States.  

Wings.  Sadly, I can no longer say the best wings I've ever had were in Buffalo.  But I still eat wings every time I'm back (often at Duff's) and if you haven't been to the birthplace of Buffalo wings, you owe yourself a trip to the Anchor Bar - and not the one in the airport!  

Beef on Weck.   Celebrity Chef, Jeffrey Zakarian, said the beef-on-weck from Benny the Butcher is one of the best things he's ever eaten.   

Polish Food.  It's hard to find good Polish food outside Poland but you can in Buffalo.

The Asian and Latin food in Buffalo is generally underwhelming though there are couple of outliers.   I've had good steak in Buffalo but better steak in beef-loving cities like KC, for example, and in the upscale steakhouses of more affluent cities.   Obviously, you'll find better seafood on the coasts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Prescott's is probably my favorite restaurant in Buffalo.  Fantastic meal every single time.  

It is mine as well. Fantastic food and cocktails - all with extra details and attention that would make them nearly impossible to duplicate at home. Though we did pickle our own mustard seeds to try and mimic their Brussels sprouts. Getting close on that dish. 

Great staff and atmosphere as well. I love that it has avoided becoming pretentious.

Edited by BarleyNY

On 11/9/2022 at 12:08 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Buffalo Chophouse is my go to when I come back for a game

Russell's Steaks is number 2

The Chophouse has been closed on Sundays. We stay at the Hyatt and used to walk to the Chophouse, There were almost always Bills players there after games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.