Best Restaurants in Buffalo ?????

hellofellowbillsfans

45 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sorry bro...I was born and raised here and my opinion is it sucks. I know I can't be the only native WNY that thinks that... hahaha

You might be. My English Grandma who only ever had Troyer Farms pretzels and squirt to eat loved Might Taco… 

It offers life to even the most bland of pallets. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

There’s better Italian food to be found for sure, but if you want an iconic Buffalo experience and mounds of pasta with sauce and baked cheese on top appeals to you, Spaghetti Parm at Chef’s should be on the menu

My parents go-to spot for decades going back to when I was a kid. It’s been around a while for a reason. 

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

One word... 

Mighty Taco

yeah not impressed with them either. The taco meat is too mild blah soft runny. I added sauce then it just tastes like a cheap run of the mill little sauce packet.

Edited by cba fan

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

NYBP is opening about 5 miles from my house here in Orlando next weekend- should I sign up for mug club? Is food really good there? 

Certified beer judge? Man we are really trying to make our drinking problems sound classy around here 🙂

Okay. First, yes, you gotta class drinking up or it looks bad. It’s a flight or a vertical tasting, not four glasses of wine. 😛

As for NYBP, I was a brewer for several years at the Lockport location. I found their food to be up and down when I was there. I’d literally choose my lunch order based on who was on the grill. Big Mike was money. So were some of the late night weekend people. The owners always tinkered with the menu and ingredients and looked to cut costs. Sometimes it was fine, other times not so good. They’ve never had an issue with filling the place up though.

The head brewer there, Jason, knows his s**t. He’s an outstanding brewer that really dedicates himself and takes a lot of pride in what he brews. That said, the owners largely dictate what is brewed as well as a lot of the, um, “flavor profiles”. In short, they’re more concerned with him making what sells to most people (and there is nothing wrong with that), but as a beer nerd I would do some things differently - and so would he. When Jason gets to do some of his own projects, he does amazing work.

The Orlando location is going to be crazy busy. I don’t know who the brewer in that location is so I can’t speak to that. Go and see if you like the food, beer and atmosphere. I believe that Orchard Park is their next location. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Not sure what the obsession is with this place.  It kinda sucks.  I prefer Taco Bell. Chipotle, Moe's and Salsarita's all are better options if you want to go quick Mexican.

Mighty Taco is not very good food and it never was.  That said, it's part of the fabric of growing up in WNY.  It's a local chain with lots of memories usually tied to 4 am post-bar, post-party eats.  They also used to be a big sponsor of the Bills.  I remember the Mighty Taco commercial/"chant" they used to do on the jumbotron at Bills games.  It is in the same vain as Taco Bell (perhaps a little better - it's a matter of personal preference), but because of the local roots, it gets the nod.  Chipotle and Moe's are a different/higher level of food quality (and price point).  I have not been to Salsarita's, so I can't comment on that.  I'm more likely to get takeout from Chipotle or Moe's to feed my family dinner, but if I were to stumble out of a bar at 4 am (which I don't do anymore, but hypothetically), it would be Mighty Taco (or Jim's Steak Out or something like that).

So if you are originally from Buffalo and have nostalgic connections to Mighty Taco, by all means, go there.  If you are from out of town, I wouldn't go out of your way for it.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

That was two words...here's another two words that go with it...

Dog Food

I like my rugs too much to let the dogs near Mighty Taco. That could end VERY badly! Heck, I’d be concerned about the walls too! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Mighty Taco is not very good food and it never was.  That said, it's part of the fabric of growing up in WNY.  It's a local chain with lots of memories usually tied to 4 am post-bar, post-party eats.  They also used to be a big sponsor of the Bills.  I remember the Mighty Taco commercial/"chant" they used to do on the jumbotron at Bills games.  It is in the same vain as Taco Bell (perhaps a little better - it's a matter of personal preference), but because of the local roots, it gets the nod.  Chipotle and Moe's are a different/higher level of food quality (and price point).  I have not been to Salsarita's, so I can't comment on that.  I'm more likely to get takeout from Chipotle or Moe's to feed my family dinner, but if I were to stumble out of a bar at 4 am (which I don't do anymore, but hypothetically), it would be Mighty Taco (or Jim's Steak Out or something like that).

So if you are originally from Buffalo and have nostalgic connections to Mighty Taco, by all means, go there.  If you are from out of town, I wouldn't go out of your way for it.

We used to go to Perkins for those not MT.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Okay. First, yes, you gotta class drinking up or it looks bad. It’s a flight or a vertical tasting, not four glasses of wine. 😛

As for NYBP, I was a brewer for several years at the Lockport location. I found their food to be up and down when I was there. I’d literally choose my lunch order based on who was on the grill. Big Mike was money. So were some of the late night weekend people. The owners always tinkered with the menu and ingredients and looked to cut costs. Sometimes it was fine, other times not so good. They’ve never had an issue with filling the place up though.

The head brewer there, Jason, knows his s**t. He’s an outstanding brewer that really dedicates himself and takes a lot of pride in what he brews. That said, the owners largely dictate what is brewed as well as a lot of the, um, “flavor profiles”. In short, they’re more concerned with him making what sells to most people (and there is nothing wrong with that), but as a beer nerd I would do some things differently - and so would he. When Jason gets to do some of his own projects, he does amazing work.

The Orlando location is going to be crazy busy. I don’t know who the brewer in that location is so I can’t speak to that. Go and see if you like the food, beer and atmosphere. I believe that Orchard Park is their next location. 

Interesting stuff thanks for sharing.

We frequent this location since it has opened, as we are 8 minutes away. They always seem to have some weird new fruity or wacky combination, like the jelly donut, Trix, etc.

I agree on the food, and we’ve learned what we generally like when we go, and what to avoid. 

Overall it’s a great spot for friends families food and drink.

Man, now I want a NYBP pretzel and a destination…

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.