Best Restaurants in Buffalo ?????

hellofellowbillsfans

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

One word... 

Mighty Taco

Not sure what the obsession is with this place.  It kinda sucks.  I prefer Taco Bell. Chipotle, Moe's and Salsarita's all are better options if you want to go quick Mexican.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Best restaurant in town is still Tempo; I had a great meal there last summer for my mom's birthday celebration.

I'm also a fan of San Marco, Hutch's, the chop house, and others. 

Plenty of good restaurants in Buffalo, always have been.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Best restaurant in town is still Tempo; I had a great meal there last summer for my mom's birthday celebration.

Did you see Buddy Nix there hosting any big name free agents?

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm also a fan of San Marco, Hutch's, the chop house, and others. 

Chop House is way overpriced for what they offer, I prefer Black & Blue

Don't go to Jazzboline...that place sucks and is way overpriced.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

Not to hijack this thread but we will be in Buffalo for the first time ever for the Vikings game.  Really only have Saturday and then Sunday after the game to experience Buffalo.  Looking for a good place to catch some college football and eat wings on Saturday.  I've heard Bar Bill, Duff's or Gabriel's Gate, are any of these good places to sit for a few hours with TV's/various games on?  Thanks for any insight.

Might I suggest 

The First Post

The Old Familiar

The Famous ####

The Cross Hands

The Good Companions

The Trusty Servant

The Two Headed Dog

The Mermaid

The Beehive

The Kings Head

The Hole In The Wall

and of course 

The World's End

• Haha (+1) 1

I have recommended this restaurant before - Sun Cuisines, a Burmaese, Thai and Japanese restaurant. 

https://www.suncuisines.com/

I discovered it via a tourist magazine when visiting Niagara Falls.

I have only been to location on west side of Buffalo near Black Rock where some of my family lives.  

1989 Niagara St., Buffalo, NY 14207  716-447-0202. 

I know they have a number of customers from Japanese temple in area my aunt used to go to before her age and health kept her inside (my aunt is deceased now). 

There is another restaurant in Williamsville.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, buffalobill43 said:

Not to hijack this thread but we will be in Buffalo for the first time ever for the Vikings game.  Really only have Saturday and then Sunday after the game to experience Buffalo.  Looking for a good place to catch some college football and eat wings on Saturday.  I've heard Bar Bill, Duff's or Gabriel's Gate, are any of these good places to sit for a few hours with TV's/various games on?  Thanks for any insight.

Not sure about Gabriel's Gate but the other two would be.

One of my favorite restaurants is Roost. I have other favorite "things" at other restaurants. But in terms of experience, quality, vibe, price, etc. Roost is my favorite spot pound for pound. Their executive chef/owner is one of the most notable chefs in the region. 

Martin Danilowicz is the head chef. I believe he wrote the original menu at Left Bank forever ago and was then replaced by Mark Weatherby shortly after. He was the Executive Chef at the Buffalo Staple Just Pasta forever. When that closed he took off to Toronto for a while and was EC at a few places there. He came back a while ago and had Martin Cooks, which was phenomenal, and I believe Buffalo's only prix fixe restaurant. He closed that and opened Roost. Upscale casual based Seasonal menu, trendy, affordable, great beer and cocktail list, and super approachable. Not stuffy in the least. 

https://www.roostwny.com/eat

Source: I have worked in a lot of Buffalo Restaurants.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Lost said:

Might I suggest 

The First Post

The Old Familiar

The Famous ####

The Cross Hands

The Good Companions

The Trusty Servant

The Two Headed Dog

The Mermaid

The Beehive

The Kings Head

The Hole In The Wall

and of course 

The World's End

Most of those restaurants aren’t even in Buffalo lol

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Lost said:

Might I suggest 

The First Post

The Old Familiar

The Famous ####

The Cross Hands

The Good Companions

The Trusty Servant

The Two Headed Dog

The Mermaid

The Beehive

The Kings Head

The Hole In The Wall

and of course 

The World's End

I love Son. I second this. 

Sato Ramen on Main St. by UB South makes legit Ramen. There isn't another place in the city that comes close. 

Pho Dollar on W. Ferry is a great hole in the wall pho place if that is your jam. 

I grew up on the West Side so I am partial, but 5 Points Bakery has the absolute best cinnamon roll on the planet. It won't be a big giant think like you are used to, but they are basically crack. 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Britesmith - favorite brewery in Williamsville - highly recommend the burger and wedge salad.

Another favorite - Hartman's Distilling Co.  - downtown. 

Went to BriteSmith once as a goodbye dinner for an employee our boss set up.

It was pretty good...the mulled spiced cider was freaking amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalobill43 said:

All of these places have great wings and are "iconic" Buffalo spots.  That said, I would not recommend Duff's or Gabriel's Gate as great places to watch college football.  Both are small places, neither are sports bars, and neither have a ton of TVs.  Duff's is mainly a restaurant and not much of a bar, and Gabriel's Gate is both a restaurant and a bar, with a good bar scene, but it's a pretty small, cozy place and not a sports-bar type of place.  Note that I am referring to the original Duff's in Amherst.  I have not been to any other Duff's location.  I also have not been to Bar Bill in East Aurora, but the newer one in Clarence seems to have a bit better situation with TVs for sports - although I still wouldn't call it a sports bar.

Another recommendation is Cole's on Elmwood Avenue near Buffalo State University.  Cole's has great wings and is more of a larger Irish pub/sports bar that would be appropriate for watching college football.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.