BLOODBATH 2.0

17 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You don't want to bridge the gap, I can tell by your viewpoints. 

Bud, the one and only thing you mentioned that wasn't cultural bs created to divide us was the economy.   And that is primarily on covid, not the dems.  Though I admit this admin should be concentrating more on fixing it.

Please look inward.   You sound waaaay more than Hannity than I sound like Biden.  I promise, for what that's worth (nothing).

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Bud, the one and only thing you mentioned that wasn't cultural bs created to divide us was the economy.   And that is primarily on covid, not the dems.  Though I admit this admin should be concentrating more on fixing it.

Please look inward.   You sound waaaay more than Hannity than I sound like Biden.  I promise, for what that's worth (nothing).

What is wrong with you, policing, not getting stabbed, not getting shot, especially in brown and black neighborhoods where the rates are higher for violence is not a cultural issue. It's a safety issue, I don't agree with yours and your ilk's framing, I reject it out of hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

What is wrong with you, policing, not getting stabbed, not getting shot, especially in brown and black neighborhoods where the rates are higher for violence is not a cultural issue. It's a safety issue, I don't agree with yours and your ilk's framing, I reject it out of hand. 

They are self loathing anti American idiots, every last one of them.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Historic racism is a huge reason for that, but that said, rural America has a gun violence problem too. Not only is rural America awash in guns but all those drugs they take don't mix very well with the guns 

Just now, Unforgiven said:

They are self loathing anti American idiots, every last one of them.

MAGA is anti-American 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Historic racism is a huge reason for that, but that said, rural America has a gun violence problem too. Not only is rural America awash in guns but all those drugs they take don't mix very well with the guns 

MAGA is anti-American 

Please point to this rural gun problem? Forgot reading all about the shootouts and innocent bystanders getting hit in the cornfields of Nebraska.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

MAGA is anti-American 

So what’s your suggestion? Take everyone’s guns? Are they using those guns like the Wild West like the inner cities, is that what you’re suggesting? You’d be a fool

14 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

So what’s your suggestion? Take everyone’s guns? Are they using those guns like the Wild West like the inner cities, is that what you’re suggesting? You’d be a fool

Take guns from people with a violent history, to start 

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

How does that compare to chicago and other urban areas? Didn't read the article.

In recent years, rural counties' proportional gun homicide rates outnumbered those of urban counties

Top 20 U.S. counties or county equivalents with the highest gun homicide rate, 2016–2020 

Table showing 20 counties with the highest gun homicide rates from 2016 to 2020, with rural counties appearing more frequently in the list. 

Table with 2 columns and 20 rows. Currently displaying rows 1 to 20.

Age-adjusted rate per 100,000

Phillips County, Arkansas 55.45

Lowndes County, Alabama48.36

City of St. Louis, Missouri45.36

Macon County, Alabama44.34

City of Petersburg, Virginia42.45

Leflore County, Mississippi38.61

City of Baltimore, Maryland38.56

Dallas County, Alabama37.25

Dillon County, South Carolina 35.57

Washington County, Mississippi 34.19

Jefferson County, Arkansas34.08

Orleans Parish, Louisiana32.83

Holmes County, Mississippi32.31

Hinds County, Mississippi 31.68

Adams County, Mississippi28.26

Mississippi County, Arkansas27.80

Sunflower County, Mississippi 27.61

Coahoma County, Mississippi 27.19

Vance County, North Carolina 25.85

City of Danville, Virginia25.75

Media attention on large cities misrepresents the reality of gun violence in the United States

Despite negative media attention, many large cities are proportionately safer from gun violence than their rural counterparts:

Chicago is within Cook County, which ranks 79th for firearm homicide rates.

Philadelphia County ranks 38th for firearm homicide rates.

The five counties that encompass New York City rank between 360th and 521st for firearm homicide rates:

New York County (Manhattan) ranks 521st.

Kings County (Brooklyn) ranks 404th.

Bronx County (Bronx) ranks 360th.

Richmond County (Staten Island) ranks 488th.

Queens County (Queens) ranks 502nd.

Los Angeles County ranks 316th for firearm homicide rates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Take guns from people with a violent history, to start 

Start? 

12 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

In recent years, rural counties' proportional gun homicide rates outnumbered those of urban counties

Top 20 U.S. counties or county equivalents with the highest gun homicide rate, 2016–2020 

Table showing 20 counties with the highest gun homicide rates from 2016 to 2020, with rural counties appearing more frequently in the list. 

Media attention on large cities misrepresents the reality of gun violence in the United States

Despite negative media attention, many large cities are proportionately safer from gun violence than their rural counterparts:

The five counties that encompass New York City rank between 360th and 521st for firearm homicide rates:

What are the actual number? When you’re talking about 1 homicide in a population of 300, yeah that will make it look much higher. This is the dumbest argument. Give me hard numbers. Then let’s talk. If it makes you feel better give me numbers Vs the population, you’ll see how stupid this argument is.

Find a bunch of apples to apples comparisons I.e. comparable population size in a Republican area vs a democrat area and you’ll see the democratic areas far out pace the Republican areas. I don’t expect small minded leftists to understand. 

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 1

The whole point of listing the rate per 100,000 people is to compare apples to apples with respect to population. Of course a city with 5 million people will have a higher absolute number than a rural county of 50,000 people, but that doesn’t mean it is more likely to occur there, just that more people live there. Rep vs Dem would be interesting to see.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:05 PM, aristocrat said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stabbing-death-tech-executive-unleashes-170845014.html

Bob Lee, the 43-year-old founder of Cash App and a former executive at Square (now Block), was stabbed to death early Tuesday morning in downtown San Francisco.

Officers responded at 2:35 a.m. to a call reporting the stabbing and found Lee, who was visiting the city after having recently moved to Miami, according to NBC Bay Area. He was declared dead shortly after he was taken to the hospital, per a statement from San Francisco police.

No arrests have been made, and police haven’t released any details about a potential suspect.

After Lee’s death was reported, an outpouring of grief and remembrances for the tech executive, who also was the chief product officer at crypto startup MobileCoin, flooded social media. And along with the grief came a flood of anger over the state of San Francisco, which tech leaders have previously called the “worst run city in the United States.”

This aged well

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 6:08 PM, Andy1 said:

Where is that cut from?  why did you leave out this nugget?

The results are somewhat different when looking at gun murder and gun suicide rates separately. The places with the highest gun murder rates in 2021 included the District of Columbia (22.3 per 100,000 people), Mississippi (21.2), Louisiana (18.4), Alabama (13.9) and New Mexico (11.7). Those with the lowest gun murder rates included Massachusetts (1.5), Idaho (1.5), Hawaii (1.6), Utah (2.1) and Iowa (2.2). Rate estimates are not available for Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont or Wyoming.

And its interesting how they never explained how age adjusted was figured in the formula.