Yes I know injuries on Defense... But they've been bad the last two weeks....

Billsfan1972

Everyone talking about the defense. They aren’t going to win a lot of games without Poyer, Hyde, Milano, White, Elam, and Rousseau when the offense only scores 17 points.

The Bills had the ball. Possessions were basically even. The offense kept an average team in the game and they lost. That game should’ve been 21-3 in the 1st half.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, f0neguy said:

I think if (when) we get Tre and Elam back our defense will look a little better.   Everyone has injuries but nobody else is down three Pro Bowl players on the back end.   Just get healthy…. 🤬

Jacquan Johnson was a liability in the games against the Jets and Vikings.  Today. Duane Jackson was exposed quite a bit.   

We have lost key players at each level (Front Four,  Middle Two and Back End Five).  It is very hard to overcome that kind of injuries

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Thought I'd resurrect this since I went dark since the Vikings game.

Yes a win vs. Cleveland, but they are garbage, but Brissett, Pickett, Wilson & Cousins all gashed the Bills.  Only some timely plays saved the Bills in many cases.

no mention in your self-bump of your own thread of said defense completely shutting down one of the very best running backs in the league though. Oh that doesn’t fit your little crusade does it? 

On 11/8/2022 at 3:16 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

At least 6 quarters.  Enough about points allowed, the opposition is moving the ball easily, which keeps the offense on the sidelines.

Pickett a rookie had over 300 yards passing (yes a blowout, but nonetheless).  Gashed by the run the last 6 quarters.

No way should they allow have allowed Zach Wilson 72% completion % and the Jets to control TOP.

The Bills don’t care about yards allowed - they care about points allowed.  You can hear defensive backs coach Bobby Babbitch literally say in one of the games covered by NFL films.  

If you look at points allowed:

20 versus NYJ - (which included a TD given up on a shortened field thanks to an Allen INT)

23 versus Minnesota in regulation- before the fumble TD the defense limited Minnesota to 23 points and had the game won.  

23 versus Cleveland - largely boosted by a garbage time time TD.  

What made the game today worse was the fact that our defensive backs couldn’t not make a play on the football.  Dane Jackson was the biggest culprit.  He’d had decent coverage but just never got his head around. It actually happened to Taron Johnson a few times as well

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

no mention in your self-bump of your own thread of said defense completely shutting down one of the very best running backs in the league though. Oh that doesn’t fit your little crusade does it? 

No it doesn't......😉  Not the point.  

People here love to take sides and the apologists for McD continue to always double down.

I have no crusade at all, I just point out facts and it is pretty obvious that the defense has not done the job when called upon.

The Bills are 7-3 & yes we know Allen really has been really out of sorts of late, but the defense was as much or more to blame then Allen vs. NYJ & Minnesota.  

• Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No it doesn't......😉  Not the point.  

People here love to take sides and the apologists for McD continue to always double down.

I have no crusade at all, I just point out facts and it is pretty obvious that the defense has not done the job when called upon.

The Bills are 7-3 & yes we know Allen really has been really out of sorts of late, but the defense was as much or more to blame then Allen vs. NYJ & Minnesota.  

you don’t point out all the facts though, and that’s my point. Only the ones that fit your agenda while you shamelessly bump your own bull. But go ahead, carry on, no one takes what you say seriously anyways.

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

you don’t point out all the facts though, and that’s my point. Only the ones that fit your agenda while you shamelessly bump your own bull. But go ahead, carry on, no one takes what you say seriously anyways.

He is the most self-absorbed person on this board.  Just starts threads to draw attention to himself.

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He is the most self-absorbed person on this board.  Just starts threads to draw attention to himself.

Look in the mirror.  This board is full of people.  I'm pointing out observations I have.  We all know there are injuries.  

But be honest the defense has been bad.  Tired of but but but....  

7 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Come on Gooner....they didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either.

BTW - will you be taking a knee for the Ing-er-lund Rainbow Warriors? 

Of course they did.  They played lights out and this is the problem here, people don't want to admit some pretty obvious issues.

We can all agree that Allen is not himself, but all expect him to bounce back (because if he doesn't this team is toast). 

Yesterday they did a good job on Chubb, but Cleveland botched a FG, didn't convert in the redzone, Bills got lucky on a bad snap (fumble) and stopped them on 4th down.

I more then anyone want the defense to play better, but hard to watch.  

BTW look at what other Defenses did yesterday Balt, NYJ, NE, Dallas, Washington....

When we have needed the Defense to come up big vs. NYJ & Minn, they did not.

• Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Come on Gooner....they didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either.

BTW - will you be taking a knee for the Ing-er-lund Rainbow Warriors? 

I would have worn the armband. If all 8 federations had stuck to their guns they'd have put FIFA in a difficult spot. Cowards. 

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

When we have needed the Defense to come up big vs. NYJ & Minn, they did not.

They stopped Minnesota a yard short to all but win the game. Then Josh and Mitch Morse gave it away. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would have worn the armband. If all 8 federations had stuck to their guns they'd have put FIFA in a difficult spot. Cowards. 

They stopped Minnesota a yard short to all but win the game. Then Josh and Mitch Morse gave it away. 

They let them get to the 1 yard line and convert 4th & 18 amongst other things.  Again Minnesota botched a lot of things that game too (including not scoring a td first possession of OT).  

All depends on how you look at things.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.