Election Week Malfunctions, Anomalies etc...

Voter fraud alert:

I know people that do this for their entire family (1 person filled it all out democrat for their grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, 2 kids). Their kids have the social skills of a rock and I doubt they can spell democrat let alone care who is running. Grandma and grandpa don't know what day it is. Wife apparently wasn't going to vote, didn't like either choice. Then he bragged that the Dems had 6 votes coming in. Now times that by millions of ballots. If you can't be bothered to go down to the polling station to show ID and vote in person then you shouldn't get a vote. Simple as that

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Having 9 House Races undecided, over a week after the election, when leadership position jockeying and orientations are going on is absurd. 

Having almost two months of early voting is a joke.  Over 70% of PA’s votes were in before the debate.  Katie Hobbs never even debated Kari Lake once.  Debates should be mandatory in an election, and no votes should be cast before one has occurred.  

Having a substantial percentage of machines fail on Election Day in a razor thin margin state, causing massive lines and confusion is unacceptable. 

If trust in our elections continues to erode, we will no longer have a functioning country.   If no changes are made, R’s will eventually figure out how to match Dems in legal ballot harvesting, and we will have two months of ballot harvest machinery in play by both sides followed by weeks of sorting out of the votes.  That is absolutely opening up the process to fraud and distrust. 

Our system in a handful of states is currently a joke.  Everyone knows it.  Even you. 

I agree with most of what you said, except this: 

"Debates should be mandatory in an election, and no votes should be cast before one has occurred.  "

The debates are pointless.  95% of people have already decided well before the debate who they will vote for, mostly by whatever letter is by their name.  Also, the debates are pointless in the sense that it is all just personal attacks on the other candidate and very, very little actual substance.  I wish there was a rule that you can only speak as to what you plan to accomplish, with no attacks on each other at all.  But that'll never happen as it'll drive down ratings.

19 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Voter fraud alert:

I know people that do this for their entire family (1 person filled it all out democrat for their grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, 2 kids). Their kids have the social skills of a rock and I doubt they can spell democrat let alone care who is running. Grandma and grandpa don't know what day it is. Wife apparently wasn't going to vote, didn't like either choice. Then he bragged that the Dems had 6 votes coming in. Now times that by millions of ballots. If you can't be bothered to go down to the polling station to show ID and vote in person then you shouldn't get a vote. Simple as that

This isn't just a Democrat issue though.  It happens on both sides.  And the issue there being that there are millions of legitimate votes that wouldn't get counted if that was the case.

35 minutes ago, cle23 said:

This isn't just a Democrat issue though.  It happens on both sides.  And the issue there being that there are millions of legitimate votes that wouldn't get counted if that was the case.

Democrats vote by mail at disturbingly high numbers, it's disproportionate. If you can't go to a polling location and show ID then you don't get to vote imo

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If you can't go to a polling location and show ID then you don't get to vote imo

Should people unable to leave a hospital/nursing facility be disenfranchised? Should active duty servicemen abroad? 
Look, you have a point, but your point is way too broad. 
As for debates: no, I wouldn’t try to require them (and for federal office, I see no authority to require them). The opponent can make what she will of the refusal to debate, and the voters can decide whether that matters. 

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Democrats vote by mail at disturbingly high numbers, it's disproportionate. If you can't go to a polling location and show ID then you don't get to vote imo

And that’s illegal or just - smart? 

It’s too bad Conald had to spoil mail in voting for MAGA as he knew he was so corrupt and unpopular that he had to build in an excuse for his loss 8 MONTHS BEFORE THE 2020 ELECTION.

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And that’s illegal or just - smart? 

It’s too bad Conald had to spoil mail in voting for MAGA as he knew he was so corrupt and unpopular that he had to build in an excuse for his loss 8 MONTHS BEFORE THE 2020 ELECTION.

I'm not a republican, I don't care what the Donald says. It's just common sense

27 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes because then there is no fraud. If you don't care to go vote then you shouldn't care who wins

But no one has yet to prove widespread election fraud exists... Trump tried with all his might to create the illusion of fraud planting lawsuits all over the place... and well, it worked on the likes of @BillsFanNC, @Foxx, @Buffalo_Gal, @Doc@B-Man etc... but he lost in the court of law.

If there was widespread fraud - Trump would NOT have hired this: mess:

1284439528.0.jpg

Edited by BillStime

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

That is just recently though, not the long term data.  The most recent presidential election, yes, it was much higher in democratic percentage, but that is also going along with a lot of the COVID situation, with democratic voters being much more likely to follow the guidelines.  Hell, Trump encouraged people to ignore the guidelines, and obviously his voters were disproportionately Republicans.  Historically the numbers have been much more even, though they do tend to lean Democrat some.

In 2018, 25% of people voted by mail.  Should we just invalidate 25% of votes then?  

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes because then there is no fraud. If you don't care to go vote then you shouldn't care who wins

You do know that mail in voting started in the Civil War era, right?  But somehow only recently it became "fraudulent."

33 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Lol. I have a job, buddy. If I were to spend the time to refute all of the lies, misinformation, and baseless conjecture on this site, I'd need to quit my job.

Yeah, I hear you.  But you seem pretty active none the less.  That being said, its kind of interesting that you've spent more time trying to not answer, that you would have had if you actually answered.  I'm starting to think you might actually be a government employee.  

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

That is just recently though, not the long term data.  The most recent presidential election, yes, it was much higher in democratic percentage, but that is also going along with a lot of the COVID situation, with democratic voters being much more likely to follow the guidelines.  Hell, Trump encouraged people to ignore the guidelines, and obviously his voters were disproportionately Republicans.  Historically the numbers have been much more even, though they do tend to lean Democrat some.

In 2018, 25% of people voted by mail.  Should we just invalidate 25% of votes then?  

You do know that mail in voting started in the Civil War era, right?  But somehow only recently it became "fraudulent."

I've seen it happen with my own eyes so I know it happens. So why not close that loophole?

• Eyeroll 1

46 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Yeah, I hear you.  But you seem pretty active none the less.  That being said, its kind of interesting that you've spent more time trying to not answer, that you would have had if you actually answered.  I'm starting to think you might actually be a government employee.  

Do you have a specific question you'd like me to answer?

Or just more vagaries stemming from a lack of understanding of elections administration? 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I've seen it happen with my own eyes so I know it happens. So why not close that loophole?

I am all for closing THAT loophole.  But not removing all mail in ballots as a way to do it, as you suggested.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Do you have a specific question you'd like me to answer?

Or just more vagaries stemming from a lack of understanding of elections administration? 

Do you think there is a remote possibility that elections can be rigged?

Is there a conspiracy theory that you believe in?

35 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Do you think there is a remote possibility that elections can be rigged?

Is there a conspiracy theory that you believe in?

Sure, there is a remote possibility of fraud. And if there was evidence of it, I might consider it as more than a remote possibility. 

But there is no evidence of it, so I find it hard to believe. 

On 11/16/2022 at 5:56 PM, cle23 said:

Before 2020 no states mailed out live ballots to everyone in the state, before 2020 all states that allowed mailed in ballots had requirements to receive them and additional steps to verify them before they were counted. Only now do we allow votes without proper dates and signatures to be accepted without being certain the person who they were sent to even recieved them. Florida has a huge amount of mail in ballots but it is secure, only the ignorant would compare that to Pennsylvania who accepted undated and unsigned ballots in 2020 as acceptable and call them the same. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1