Election Week Malfunctions, Anomalies etc...

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks. The 4/5 being over 80 was just a joke. But suffice to say there’s a lot of older Americans - generally really good people trying to do a good job -in charge of the on-site polling places in our retirement communities. 
Your overall point strikes me as correct. Problems will arise, fixes will come, mostly just random stuff (“printer out of ink!”) that will taken care of. 
I’m just highlighting the leap to wild conspiracy explanations of ordinary issues coming from both sides. That’s America today. 

And your post strikes me as someone who has an opinion on something he clearly knows nothing about.

I never saw a single individual over 80.

That view isn't effective, informed nor funny.

It's simply nasty, as is par for the course here, and in the general public.

The people who do this, in my experience, have no objective other than to serve their neighbors, as this is all, by law, local, in the insistence that those folks have votes that count.

14 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And your post strikes me as someone who has an opinion on something he clearly knows nothing about.

I never saw a single individual over 80.

That view isn't effective, informed nor funny.

It's simply nasty, as is par for the course here, and in the general public.

The people who do this, in my experience, have no objective other than to serve their neighbors, as this is all, by law, local, in the insistence that those folks have votes that count.

My mother in law was one of those poll workers into her late 70s. My comment was meant to be an amusing take (hey,

not everyone was amused) on people finding something sinister about a complex machine breaking and a bunch of well-meaning but technologically challenged people trying to fix it. Not every screwup is evidence of a sinister plot …

Just now, Doc said:

That I doubt many 80 year olds are working these things.

The "joke," as he has now explained it, is ridiculous.

The goal of volunteering for this service is to ensure that your neighbors right to vote is enforced.

I did it, and I'm well below the ages listed, was to provide a service to my community.

Everyone else, that I ever met and worked with, was of the same view.

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

My mother in law was one of those poll workers into her late 70s. My comment was meant to be an amusing take (hey,

not everyone was amused) on people finding something sinister about a complex machine breaking and a bunch of well-meaning but technologically challenged people trying to fix it. Not every screwup is evidence of a sinister plot …

That is a grossly ignorant view on how this system works, everywhere.

• Eyeroll 1