Election Week Malfunctions, Anomalies etc...

5 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Are you saying they let elderly people set up the voting machines there? Or are the elderly election workers just checking registrations and directing people where to go? Seems a bit stupid to let anyone, let alone elderly people, tinker with a voting machine on election day, doesn't it?

I had a retired in law who lived there. When I say “there” I don’t just mean “in Maricopa” or even “in a Maricopa retirement community.” I mean in Anthem retirement community. Right next to the outlet mall. 
RIP. Old folks getting involved in everything. Go see for yourself. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

53 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How can 1/5 of the voting machines not be working in a county where 4/5 of election workers are 80 years old? 
Beats me. In the early internet days there was supposedly a code word for this: PEBCAK 

“Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.” Yesterday’s PEBKAC is today’s Arizona/Florida poll worker. 

The age of the election workers is a red herring, though 4/5 being over 80 is quite shocking, as this is a very long day for them, ,and you don't normally see anyone over 80.

You had to be there without leaving from 5am until 8pm.

I did this for six years, and the machines not working has nothing to do with the poll workers.

They check registration validity.

The machines are put in place and completely secured until about an hour before the polls open.

The process then begins to activate them, and always checked and verified by more than one person.

In my six years, I had one machine malfunction, and while it was being fixed, which took less than fifteen minutes, I stood watch over those fixing it.

Took about 45 minutes, and no data was lost.

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The age of the election workers is a red herring, though 4/5 being over 80 is quite shocking, as this is a very long day for them, ,and you don't normally see anyone over 80.

I did this for six years, and the machines not working has nothing to do with the poll workers.

The machines are put in place and completely secured until about an hour before the polls open.

The process then begins to activate them, and always checked and verified by more than one person.

In my six years, I had one machine malfunction, and while it was being fixed, which took less than fifteen minutes, I stood watch over those fixing it.

So… corruption? 

19 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Thanks. The 4/5 being over 80 was just a joke. But suffice to say there’s a lot of older Americans - generally really good people trying to do a good job -in charge of the on-site polling places in our retirement communities. 
Your overall point strikes me as correct. Problems will arise, fixes will come, mostly just random stuff (“printer out of ink!”) that will taken care of. 
I’m just highlighting the leap to wild conspiracy explanations of ordinary issues coming from both sides. That’s America today. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks. The 4/5 being over 80 was just a joke. But suffice to say there’s a lot of older Americans - generally really good people trying to do a good job -in charge of the on-site polling places in our retirement communities. 
Your overall point strikes me as correct. Problems will arise, fixes will come, mostly just random stuff (“printer out of ink!”) that will taken care of. 
I’m just highlighting the leap to wild conspiracy explanations of ordinary issues coming from both sides. That’s America today. 

Where's the wild conspiracy theories?

We are just highlighting that this stuff isn't normal and nobody should be ok with it.

It's one day. Elections are fairly important.  Get your ***** together.

But keep explaining it away as a nothing burger or stick to monitoring the latest Q crap.

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Again, the DOJ has no right to oversee elections. 

In instances of certain kinds of fraud they MAY have jurisdiction over some criminal cases but I don’t know exactly when that would be. But that’s always going to be after the fact, not on Election Day. The DOJ has no place in intimidating voters and poll workers at voting locations. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How dare you call your former mentor “crap.” He will crap 600 pages of analysis all over you!

Cmon tell us your handle at the other board.

Nobody believes that you can resist your obsession. How many times have you muttered his name involuntarily today?

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

In instances of certain kinds of fraud they MAY have jurisdiction over some criminal cases but I don’t know exactly when that would be. But that’s always going to be after the fact, not on Election Day. The DOJ has no place in intimidating voters and poll workers at voting locations. 

Yup.  Just because Trump tried to use the DOJ, it doesn't mean they could do anything.

lmao

16 minutes ago, LeviF said:

But but but but but only when Trump is involved.

Got it