Lunar Eclipse

WhoTom

I don't have much use for an alarm clock these days, but I did set mine to wake me at 5AM (CST) today to catch the lunar eclipse in mid-totality.

No pics of this one - we were living in the moment - but here's a little something from 2003. That eclipse occurred in the early evening, so I set up a camera on a tripod, took a pic every ten minutes or so, compiled the best images, and used some free animation software to show the Moon passing through the Earth's shadow.

eclipse2003.gif

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Just Jack said:

If Aunt Flo is visiting you every month, you have some explaining to do. 

She doesn't visit me.  The only time I ever visited her was to watch a Red Wings game.  It was a mess.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I don't have much use for an alarm clock these days, but I did set mine to wake me at 5AM (CST) today to catch the lunar eclipse in mid-totality.

No pics of this one - we were living in the moment - but here's a little something from 2003. That eclipse occurred in the early evening, so I set up a camera on a tripod, took a pic every ten minutes or so, compiled the best images, and used some free animation software to show the Moon passing through the Earth's shadow.

eclipse2003.gif

Beautiful!

We set an alarm and woke up to try to see the eclipse, but it was cloudy obscuring the moon :( so we went back to bed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.