GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’ll ask you, Goatski, for feedback.  

When Trump was accused of being an illegitimate president, elected in a coup, guilty of treason…and when sitting VP Harris suggested the vaxx developed under a Trump admin couldn’t be trusted, leading to confusion and reinforcing vaxx hesitancy at a time when we all needed to be onboard—-is that disinformation and the same sort of laughable stuff as you see it? 

We’re 6 years post-election, the illegitimate and Russian agent stuff went nowhere, and Trump certainly didn’t personally make the vaccine in his basement.

What say you on all that brand of crazy talk? 

I ask because context matters to me.  I’m fine discussing issues involving allegations of stolen elections, and whether or not proof exists in that regard, but I also try to see the big picture.  Most of the left leaning folks seem to prefer to skip that whole deal. 

You think people who disagree with you are not trying to see the big picture? Its just left leaning folks?

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You think people who disagree with you are not trying to see the big picture? Its just left leaning folks?

I’m not certain we even disagree on this issue, that’s why I asked you specifically.  I don’t know that you’re left-leaning, but I felt you were clear on the craziness of the stolen election theory based on your post.  

I ask the question from time to time and haven’t really ever gotten an answer.  I don’t think the 2020 election was stolen, not because I think people wouldn’t manipulate the vote (they would), but because I haven’t seen proof of it occurring.  I don’t think the 2016 election was illegitimate, a result of a coup, or that Trump committed treason as repeated by leaders in the Democrat party. 

I guess I just think it’s impossible to have a big picture conversation with people who express outrage over claims of a stolen election in 2020 when they have no concerns over claims that the 62,000,000+ votes cast, or the convincing win in the Electoral votes was illegitimate, represented a coup or that he committed treason in 2016. 

So, I ask in hopes I get an answer. I usually don’t.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

What's "Ballot Harvesting"?

Ballot harvesting is collecting ballots from multiple people and submitting them. 

For example, going to a nursing home and collecting people’s ballots and putting them in the ballot drop box. 

In some states, this is legal. In others, it’s not.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ballot harvesting is collecting ballots from multiple people and submitting them. 

For example, going to a nursing home and collecting people’s ballots and putting them in the ballot drop box. 

In some states, this is legal. In others, it’s not.

For those coming in late, ballot harvesting or ballot collection happens when one person gathers absentee/mail ballots from many voters – bundling, you might say – for submission at a mail or drop box. This obviously happens on an innocuous micro scale when someone offers to post the completed ballot of a spouse or disabled friend, so it’s usual to define the threshold by reference to quantity (you’re not a collector unless you accept more than, say, three or six ballots) or relationship (it’s okay to do it for family members or persons with a specified incapacity). 

Restrictions on ballot collection are common around the states. The best known exception is California, which legalized ballot collecting in 2016, upon which Democrats are said to have employed the method quite effectively to increase their vote. Even California, as the Washington Post notes, “has since made it illegal to get paid per ballot collected and for employers to ask employees to bring their ballots into their workplace.”

That last point highlights one of the first problems with the practice: the person standing there asking you to hand over your ballot may be someone you have a hard time saying no to, owing to dependence, economic or otherwise. What if it’s a union steward at your workplace, or the political boss of your community, or a patriarchal family member? What if they’re pressing you for a faster decision than you’d prefer to make?

There’s a requirement that the envelope be sealed before you hand it over, but that might work mostly as an honor system. If you yield to improper pressure, who’s going to complain to the authorities, or verify a complaint?

Contrast all this with the idea behind the secret ballot, the idea of leaving you free to vote your conscience or maybe not vote at all, no matter what powerful people in your life or community may expect of you. As they used to say, it’s just you alone in the voting booth. 

Next consider the dangers of ballot tampering. Contrary to some imaginings, the abuse that is probably likeliest is not that the collector will switch the choice of party at the top of the ticket. Far harder to police is the practice of “helping” unsophisticated voters by filling in choices for down‐ballot races that they might have left blank on their own.

https://www.cato.org/blog/trouble-ballot-harvesting

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

For those coming in late, ballot harvesting or ballot collection happens when one person gathers absentee/mail ballots from many voters – bundling, you might say – for submission at a mail or drop box. This obviously happens on an innocuous micro scale when someone offers to post the completed ballot of a spouse or disabled friend, so it’s usual to define the threshold by reference to quantity (you’re not a collector unless you accept more than, say, three or six ballots) or relationship (it’s okay to do it for family members or persons with a specified incapacity). 

Restrictions on ballot collection are common around the states. The best known exception is California, which legalized ballot collecting in 2016, upon which Democrats are said to have employed the method quite effectively to increase their vote. Even California, as the Washington Post notes, “has since made it illegal to get paid per ballot collected and for employers to ask employees to bring their ballots into their workplace.”

That last point highlights one of the first problems with the practice: the person standing there asking you to hand over your ballot may be someone you have a hard time saying no to, owing to dependence, economic or otherwise. What if it’s a union steward at your workplace, or the political boss of your community, or a patriarchal family member? What if they’re pressing you for a faster decision than you’d prefer to make?

There’s a requirement that the envelope be sealed before you hand it over, but that might work mostly as an honor system. If you yield to improper pressure, who’s going to complain to the authorities, or verify a complaint?

Contrast all this with the idea behind the secret ballot, the idea of leaving you free to vote your conscience or maybe not vote at all, no matter what powerful people in your life or community may expect of you. As they used to say, it’s just you alone in the voting booth. 

Next consider the dangers of ballot tampering. Contrary to some imaginings, the abuse that is probably likeliest is not that the collector will switch the choice of party at the top of the ticket. Far harder to police is the practice of “helping” unsophisticated voters by filling in choices for down‐ballot races that they might have left blank on their own.

https://www.cato.org/blog/trouble-ballot-harvesting

Ballot Harvesting definition - GOP Bogeyman for losing

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

It hurts when you try and think. . . . . . . . . . doesn't it ?

Do you clowns ever take stock of these Twitter posters?
Kirk is a freaking CHILD

Miller is literally one of the worst people…ever…

Says more about you than them 

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

Do you clowns ever take stock of these Twitter posters?
Kirk is a freaking CHILD

Miller is literally one of the worst people…ever…

Says more about you than them 

That your "proclamation' about Kirk and Miller is merely YOUR opinion,

and you expect that to end any discussion.

Says sooooooooo much about you.

Meanwhile back to the election thread.

Big Update in Lauren Boebert's Race After the Democrat Gains More Votes

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/17/big-update-in-lauren-boeberts-race-after-the-democrat-gains-more-votes-n660419