GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

From a Reddit poster tracking races:

House races to keep an eye on: (update every 2 hours) 

Since last update - no updates

Cali 47: 1,3% D at 77% counted - it was 3% D at 72% counted - it was 3% D at 70% - it was 2% D at 64% counted. Bad batch of vote for the Dems. 

Cali 49: 5% D at 84% counted - it was 5% D at 79% counted - it was 5% D at 71% counted - it was 4% D at 64% counted 

Cali 13: 0,75% D at 78% counted - it was 0,11% R at 61% counted - it was 0,35% R at 58% (just recently flipped blue but there are still a lot of votes left) 

That is 3 races that D have a small lead that they need to keep. They also have to flip the R lead in all 4 of these races to get the house. 

Cali 22: 5% R at 53% counted (trending D since it was 8% R when it was 43% counted) 55% of the remaing votes from Kern county needs to go D and/or D need to limit the expected losses in Tulare county. 

Cali 27: 9% R at 70% counted - it was 11% R at 67% counted - it was 12% R at 61% at counted (this is unlikely to flip to D but hopefully mail ballots can make up the difference) 

Cali 3: 6% R at 53% counted (this race is unlikely to flip) 

Co 3: 0,35% R at 99% counted (next vote dump is Thursday) 

Most to least likely D

211 safe D 

212 - Cali 49 - 95% chance 

213 - Cali 47 - 80% chance - down from 95% 

214 - Cali 13 - 70% chance - up from 60% 

215 - Cali 22 - 40% chance - down from 50% 

216 - Co 3 - 30% chance (allegedly) 

217 - Cali 27 - 10% chance 

218 - Cali 3 - 1% chance 

These percentages with the exception of co 3 are done by me from what I remember, if I am wrong about some of them then please let me know

Current house prediction: R 221 - D 214

4 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Surprise, surprise. Looks like the delay to count all those votes worked. again. What a country. 

That’s not how this works. It’s not how any of this works. 

The absolute dearth of civics education on this board is staggering. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

That’s not how this works. It’s not how any of this works. 

The absolute dearth of civics education on this board is staggering. 

All I know is what I see. Voting machines "malfunctioning", people being told to leave their voting locations and sent elsewhere, ballots being counted in the dark, improper validation of ballots being counted, it's 2020 all over again. 

That bastion of conspiracy theorists and election deniers at the NYT said what?

Oh.

And keep in mind they raised these concerns when 20% of the ballots were by mail. Fast forward to 2020 when 40% of ballots were cast by mail and guess what?  It's the most secure election in US history!

Magic!

:lol:

Voting by mail is now common enough and problematic enough that election experts say there have been multiple elections in which no one can say with confidence which candidate was the deserved winner,” Baker wrote before urging readers to guess who made the remarks.

Another presidential tweet? Some right-wing pundit promoting a debunked theory about mail-in ballots in an effort to delegitimize the election? Try the New York Times,” Baker wrote.

Also interesting that Twitter still censoring potential sensitive content ........from the NYT.

Edited by BillsFanNC

9 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

All I know is what I see. Voting machines "malfunctioning", people being told to leave their voting locations and sent elsewhere, ballots being counted in the dark, improper validation of ballots being counted, it's 2020 all over again. 

Where have voting machines malfunctioned? (Just know that if you say Maricopa County, you’re wrong. That was a false story that has been debunked).

Every election has some issues. Here in Chicago, there was an issue with sharpies bleeding through the ballot. My wife had to redo her ballot because of this. Inconvenient, but it wasn’t some grand strategy to affect the outcome of the vote. 

What is truly happening here is that we are having a fairly normal election but some races are razor close so they aren’t being called until more votes are counted. But even in states where the races have been called, they are still counting. It’s just that the margin was so big they could call the races before all of the vote was in. In Illinois, they could call the governor’s race within minutes because it was clearly a blowout. 

The real problem is that there are a lot of people who don’t understand how it all works who are being mislead by bad faith actors to believe that a fairly normal process is actually something suspicious. 

The red wave was real in New York and the GOP can build on it

by Mike Lawler

There’s something happening in New York. Tuesday’s mini red wave here only scratches the surface. New Yorkers are getting sick and tired of woke liberalism, and it’s showing in pockets of voters once considered the base of the Democratic Party. In short, there’s a crack in the traditional Democrat coalition, and Republicans have an enormous opportunity to expand that breach with time-tested arguments in the coming months and years. In the Hudson Valley, where I prevailed on Election Night over Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) chairman Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney — the first time in 42 years that a DCCC chairman lost re-election — voters once considered unreachable by Republicans

https://nypost.com/2022/11/13/red-wave-was-real-in-new-york-and-the-gop-can-build-on-it/

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The red wave was real in New York and the GOP can build on it

by Mike Lawler

There’s something happening in New York. Tuesday’s mini red wave here only scratches the surface. New Yorkers are getting sick and tired of woke liberalism, and it’s showing in pockets of voters once considered the base of the Democratic Party. In short, there’s a crack in the traditional Democrat coalition, and Republicans have an enormous opportunity to expand that breach with time-tested arguments in the coming months and years. In the Hudson Valley, where I prevailed on Election Night over Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) chairman Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney — the first time in 42 years that a DCCC chairman lost re-election — voters once considered unreachable by Republicans

https://nypost.com/2022/11/13/red-wave-was-real-in-new-york-and-the-gop-can-build-on-it/

Murdoch's paper is trying so hard! 

At least he's turning on Trump. 

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Good, the House flips.  That's all I expected.  It wasn't nearly by how much I thought it would but when you see someone like Fetterman get elected, you know what you're dealing with.