GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's pry because they believed they couldn't win their respective primaries without taking that position.  Trump cost the GOP the Senate in 2020 and now 2022 with his election stealing bs.

I’d wager that the majority of them fall in that camp. 

However, there are some who seem to be dumb enough to truly believe that 2020 was stolen. 

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Kari Lake fell further behind when the 1st batch of the ballots she was waiting for were counted.  Better send those cold champagne bottles over to Hobbs campaign headquarters.  

Kari Lake sucked when she was a news anchor in Albany.  She couldn't take it here, quit & went home to Arizona.  She was a loser then & she's a loser now.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Kari Lake fell further behind when the 1st batch of the ballots she was waiting for were counted.  Better send those cold champagne bottles over to Hobbs campaign headquarters.  

Kari Lake sucked when she was a news anchor in Albany.  She couldn't take it here, quit & went home to Arizona.  She was a loser then & she's a loser now.  

Albany, do you recall what channel? I don’t remember her all that well..

11 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Was there a bloodbath for incumbents? 

Not even close. No sitting senators lost re-election bids and just a few in the house. 

Everyone complains but no one ever votes their guy out. 

There was supposed to be a blood bath on incumbents. Many of your right wing friends were telling us that abortion isn’t a big issue, that there would be a right wing tsunami and not just a wave.

Coming out of 2020, the general consensus was the map favored Republicans. Then, take into account it’s a midterm, the controlling party usually sees pretty significant loses.

On top of that throw in the economy, inflation, gas prices, the general idea was the Republicans should win easy.

To make an analogy, it’s a lot like the Bills-Jets game. Jets came in 13 point under dogs, Sauce and Wilson both get declared ineligible for the game close to kick off and still won. That’s what the Dems are doing.

If the Dems keep the house (not overly likely but still a possibility) then calling this a Republican blood bath would be apt.

Edited by Backintheday544

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

There was supposed to be a blood bath on incumbents. Many of your right wing friends were telling us that abortion isn’t a big issue, that there would be a right wing tsunami and not just a wave.

Coming out of 2020, the general consensus was the map favored Republicans. Then, take into account it’s a midterm, the controlling party usually sees pretty significant loses.

On top of that throw in the economy, inflation, gas prices, the general idea was the Republicans should win easy.

To make an analogy, it’s a lot like the Bills-Jets game. Jets came in 13 point under dogs, Sauce and Wilson both get declared ineligible for the game close to kick off and still won. That’s what the Dems are doing.

If the Dems keep the house (not overly likely but still a possibility) then calling this a Republican blood bath would be apt.

There’s some truth in your post but anyone saying the map was good for R’s is lying or you misheard/misread…

The ‘22 map was awful for GOP, which is why some rational people tempered red wave talk, even if they still expected to do better than this. 

‘24 is brutal for Dems.  A lot of Congressional Dem held seats up in red areas.  

Two big Senate seats … Tester and Manchin up in Montana and West Virginia. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There’s some truth in your post but anyone saying the map was good for R’s is lying or you misheard/misread…

The ‘22 map was awful for GOP, which is why some rational people tempered red wave talk, even if they still expected to do better than this. 

‘24 is brutal for Dems.  A lot of Congressional Dem held seats up in red areas.  

Two big Senate seats … Tester and Manchin up in Montana and West Virginia. 

HA!

No one in the cult tempered red wave delusions - including here at PPP

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Albany, do you recall what channel? I don’t remember her all that well..

She was on Ch 13 in 1998.  She never liked it in Albany and left after a short time there.  She replaced Chris Kapostasy Jansing when Chris went to NBC news and moved to NYC.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nevada comes down to Election Day drop off ballots (lean red) but in Clarke County (lean blue) for control of the Senate. 

My guess … GA SEN runoff result ends up meaning nothing for the next two years.  

Would love to be wrong, but not much has gone well for the GOP in the states taking forever to count their ballots, except for Boebert, Lombardo and  “maybe” Kari Lake pulling it out when Maricopa drops. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Somehow, the Dems still have a (very small) chance at the House. 

https://twitter.com/baseballot/status/1591592405567954945?s=46&t=ZDt5DruStxOgheMLp6Qk6w

She had a “2% chance to win” - yet @Doc and all the rest of the nut jobs over promised (I knew they were - and I knew they would get upstaged - it was beyond obvious) - and here we are.

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Somehow, the Dems still have a (very small) chance at the House. 

https://twitter.com/baseballot/status/1591592405567954945?s=46&t=ZDt5DruStxOgheMLp6Qk6w

Yea, y’all doing great with the “post-election” vote. 

Again, do I believe it’s fraud… No.  But I don’t blame anyone who does.  This garbage needs to get fixed asap.   We can’t keep having elections like this. 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, y’all doing great with the “post-election” vote. 

Again, do I believe it’s fraud… No.  But I don’t blame anyone who does.  This garbage needs to get fixed asap.   We can’t keep having elections like this. 

You do realize that Florida is still counting ballots, right? And Ohio? I’d be surprised if any state was done counting at this point. 

There are problems with laws that prevent pre-canvassing, sure. 

But the real problem here is liars and idiots pushing false narratives that make the ignorant believe falsehoods like there was an issue with the Maricopa tabulation machines. 

I agree that the states should change their laws to process votes faster, but I place the blame more on the liars.