GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There’s as much evidence that 2020 was stolen (or 2022 for that matter) as there is that 2016 was stolen, the earth is flat, we didn’t land on the moon, and birds aren’t real. 

Go spend some time on a flat earther forum. It’ll probably feel like home. 

Also, the incompetence and inability of some states to quickly process ballots isn’t evidence of fraud. It’s just evidence of incompetence and/or poor election laws/administrators. 

It does not matter if it's fraud or your favorite get out of jail free card...mistakes.

If you continue to have states run elections like this it will bring us down faster than you can install a dementia addled POTUS.

When this crap happens in third world countries the US denounces them as undemocratic elections.

There's no excuse for this. None.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ChiGoose said:

And this should make sense because Dems are much more likely to vote by mail than Republicans. Many states don’t allow the counting of mail ballots until Election Day. So the Election Day vote skews GOP while the mail in vote skews Dem. This is the Red Mirage.

In states with good election laws like Florida, they can count the mail ballots ahead of time. They just don’t release any numbers until after the polls close on Election Day. 

More states should follow Florida’s lead. Pennsylvania tried to but the bill failed in the legislature. 

Ive repeatedly stated in this thread that I don’t believe elections, for the most part, are fraudently stolen.  Maybe there’s some lower level races here and there that I’ve seen people point to as being suspect, but Congressional races … doubt it.  

We’ll likely see something different in AZ for Lake as they seem to be counting everything but Maricopa ED drop off.  

However, the illusion this all gives off is horrible and it needs to be fixed.  

I don’t disagree with your point.. In ‘20 a lot of the remaining vote as counting dragged on was from ATL, Philly etc… 

This has to change.   But it seems Dems don’t care given the fact these races usually break their way. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Exactly. 

And LOL these mail in ballots that “always” favor Dems.  

If this sham way of voting continues and Rs figure out how to manipulate this to (they will), it’s going to become a massive crisis.  There will be absolute chaos and anarchy - because it’s “been established” the fraudulent early vote or mail in vote just always favors Ds.  Until they’re not.  And the. CNN, MSNBC, Keith Olbermann, and The View are going to call for a revolution.   

Total ***t show.   

You do realize that some states have primarily used mail in ballots for years without issue, right?

And that until the Orange Godking, the GOP loved mail in ballots and were very good at getting people to vote by mail, right?

If the GOP really wins the House by just two votes, it’s going to be a hilarious mess.

McCarthy is too much of a wet noodle to whip 218 with only a 2-seat cushion. Scalise is already knives out for the Speakership and others may smell blood in the water. 

If I’m the Dems, I’d toss in a grenade by doing something like nominating Liz Cheney (since the Speaker doesn’t have to be a member of the House) and then sit back and enjoy the show. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

“Your ballot needs fixing.”

Omg

It’s called ballot curing and it’s a standard process for elections. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

As much as I am sick of Trump, and think he lost R’s winnable races in PA, NH and we’ll see about GA… I like Vance, Masters and Lake.  

Masters, if he loses, is more on McConnell than anyone.  Not sure what went on there, but McConnell does not want Masters in the Senate and left him out to dry while Mark Kelly just poured it on with attack ads. 

Sometimes you have to take risks on people.

Lake is someone who, if she eeks out a victory over Hobbs, I could easily see becoming a force in politics and in reshaping the AZ GOP. 

Remember Ron DeSantis barely won his initial Governors race… and now he’s moving up the betting odds to become President in ‘24. 

Can you explain why you like Vance?  Genuine question. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m interested to see if DeSantis is the nominee in 2024 or if he’s just the next Scott Walker. 

In any case, looks like Trump has fully turned on him. That might hurt him or it might lead to the splitting up of the MAGA base. I’m fine with it either way, I’ll just be here eating popcorn. 

I'll be doing the same for the Dems as Joke, Kammy and others vie for the Dem nomination and Kammy calls them all racist for not supporting her.

For the most part I’ve stayed out of this back and forth banter since election night. The take away for everyone should be utter amazement at just how evenly split the vote is so many races, states, etc. 

You couldn’t flip a coin and get it to come out this even.

Nobody should be claiming a mandate to do much if anything, or some sort of affirmation of ‘their’ agenda. It’s a nicely divided country. 

Now, those that survived need to get into their respective offices, and get to work! 

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

ok, forcing a mother to bear a child she doesn’t want is directly slavery and adds a mortality risk, are you sure this argument is a good path? 

I have bad news for you, biological functions aren’t considered slavery.

Our society literally takes wages from a paycheck and will imprison a person for not paying their child support.  Which one sounds more like slavery? 

39 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

With dems looking to exceed mid term expectations, it seems as though the Russians sat out on interfering with this election cycle.

Fascinating. 

Well with the war they got going on now who has the time?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

This has to change.   But it seems Dems don’t care given the fact these races usually break their way. 

It's helpful to remember that the race doesn't actually break anyone's way after election day. The race is already decided as of midnight. It's just a matter of counting the votes. Mail-in votes get counted last and skew Democrat. This is why tightly contested races always seem to break for Democrats at the end. A lot of political analysts that know what they're talking about knew yesterday that Adam Laxalt was in trouble despite holding a lead because of the remaining number of mail-in ballots and how those ballots had skewed. Just like a lot of analysts knew yesterday Lauren Boebert was likely to squeak out a win because of which areas still had votes to be counted. These results are predictable, they aren't random.

Personally I don't think there's any way to "fix" the problem of slow vote counting. Not unless we move to a system where everyone can easily submit their vote online and then have a computer spit back the results the next day. But something tells me most people in the GOP would not support this, so we're stuck with what we have.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's helpful to remember that the race doesn't actually break anyone's way after election day. The race is already decided as of midnight. It's just a matter of counting the votes. Mail-in votes get counted last and skew Democrat. This is why tightly contested races always seem to break for Democrats at the end. A lot of political analysts that know what they're talking about knew yesterday that Adam Laxalt was in trouble despite holding a lead because of the remaining number of mail-in ballots and how those ballots had skewed. Just like a lot of analysts knew yesterday Lauren Boebert was likely to squeak out a win because of which areas still had votes to be counted. These results are predictable, they aren't random.

Personally I don't think there's any way to "fix" the problem of slow vote counting. Not unless we move to a system where everyone can easily submit their vote online and then have a computer spit back the results the next day. But something tells me most people in the GOP would not support this, so we're stuck with what we have.

How do you personally believe nothing can be done, when states much larger than the usual suspects, are capable of counting in one day?

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How do you personally believe nothing can be done, when states much larger than the usual suspects, are capable of counting in one day?

I know Florida allows for early counting of mail-in votes without the results being made public. If other states want to follow suit that is one possible solution. But a lot of times the states that seemingly have all the votes counted earlier are actually just announcing the results before all the votes are counted because the result becomes obvious. For example Fetterman is still expanding his lead as we speak with votes being counted from Philadelphia, the media just doesn't pay attention to those votes because they no longer matter. In states like Arizona and Nevada where the result always tends to be closely contested, it's going to take time to properly count everything.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

I would love to know why the subtweeter there is accusing an election analyst of "collusion." Colluding to do what?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

Our boy is at it again! 

Then came the shocker: ”[A]fter the race, when votes were being stolen by the corrupt Election process in Broward County, and Ron was going down ten thousand votes a day, along with now-Sen. Rick Scott, I sent in the FBI and U.S. Attorneys, and the ballot theft immediately ended, just prior to them running out of the votes necessary to win.” 

Sarah Isgur, a Justice Department spokesperson at the time of the 2018 election, smacked down on Trump’s suggestion.

“Never happened,” she tweeted.