GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Calm down and re-read what I said.  

Also, you just compared human life to a hornet.. 

Senators don’t set abortion policy. 

It’s state policy.  Remember that little thing the Supreme Court did over the summer?  

Shapiro, I’m quite sure, will set a generous abortion policy in PA. 

Im calm- tired of 1950s social debates completely absolving fiscally irresponsible politicians from  being held accountable. 

that’s what just happened 

Looking more and more like there was a coordinated effort Tuesday to downplay the GOP victories

Odds are very good the polls knew so a course of action was taken to overhype R leads - and then if it isn’t the “tsunami” they feared, declare it a win.  

Prove that wrong - as the Rs are winning in NV and possibly AZ.  They really underperformed in only 3 states - MI WI and maybe PA (that state is a rigged dump).  

• Like (+1) 3

Rs are plus 6 nationally.   

They are winning the House

And have a chance to win the Senate.  

The Senate Ds that were considered vulnerable:

An open seat in PA that I’m fairly confident see above 

In GA where the Ds allegedly just won the seat 2 years ago.  It’s going to a runoff.  

In AZ where Mark Kelly is generally well liked.  Also just recently elected.  He’s narrowly leading allegedly.  

And NV - which the Ds look likely to lose.  

This was a solid MAGA GOP victory on Tuesday that they are deliberately suppressing because it was largely just that -MAGA candidates running against Team Woke and Bidenflation - and “they” includes establishment Rs like Mitch and Lindsey Graham.

And that’s the story.  MAGA is supplanting the GOP orthodoxy.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Looking more and more like there was a coordinated effort Tuesday to downplay the GOP victories

Odds are very good the polls knew so a course of action was taken to overhype R leads - and then if it isn’t the “tsunami” they feared, declare it a win.  

Prove that wrong - as the Rs are winning in NV and possibly AZ.  They really underperformed in only 3 states - MI WI and maybe PA (that state is a rigged dump).  

How no one realizes the manipulation of the message that a red wave was coming is remarkable. The GOP coordinated a ***** tier level funding effort in many states, AZ for example who didn't get much compared to others, while dumping money into random places - NY. 

The established GOP and established Dems won Tuesday. Simple as can be.

2024 will be different, but still reveal nothing more than the people of this country have the average intellect of a Walmart shopper. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We shall see …

IF, big if, they take the Senate, House and get Governorships in AZ and NV, I think that’s pretty solid midterm for R’s, especially given the continuing inroads made amongst Hispanics. 

Looks good for Lake and Lombardo.  Pretty good for Laxalt.   A bit more dicey for Masters and Walker. 

Will be interesting to see if “waves” are a thing of the past.  R’s did well down ballot in ‘20, despite losing the Presidency.  Further tribalism and the increase of gerrymandered non-competitive districts makes it much more difficult to take any remaining swing districts when there just aren’t as many. 

Mayra Flores won a swing district in a special election.  Gerrymandered into a heavy D lean district.  Washed out two nights ago. 

Abortion as a massive driver will fade, but R’s discovered a fatal flaw moving forward.  Early vote.  They have got to figure out how to mobilize early voting.  How to get a ballot in the hand of every R and have them fill it out, tribally, and sent it in immediately. 

Also, Gen Z.   Gen Z will eventually grow older, start careers, get married and start the same transition everyone does in philosophy and become more conservative as a demo.   However, Dems figured out (abortion, student loan forgiveness) how to mobilize them.  Usually they don’t turn out. … they did this time.  This WH, while faux worried about Twitter, is obsessive in their propaganda via Tik Tok.    R’s need a some kind of response… and that likely comes with continued focus on Hispanics and Black men. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Abortion and Oz being out of state is what exit polls show got Fetterman elected. 

Fetterman as Senator doesn’t drive state abortion laws.  

Unless dems pass a federal abortion law, which they will do if they ever get a more secure control of Congress. Voters understand what they were doing. Either heading for that or at least heading off a Republican anti-abortion law. Oz said something to the effect that he wants abortion to be between a woman, her doctor, and local politicians. Just what women want to hear. 

They can vote for Shapiro and Oz…

Shapiro sets abortion policy through the state legislature in PA.  

PA state legislature (at least one house I think) flipped blue this round. I am lazy to look the specifics up but I know I read that lately. 

Oz protects their energy industry.  

Instead they voted for Fetterman, who’s party has openly declared war on a huge part of PA’s economy.   He’s going to need to be a Manchin type on energy or PA just screwed themselves.  

PA will be fine. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Because this topic ***** matters. 

in 2022 girls who get pregnant that aren’t ready or willing to be mothers need the ability to opt out. 

Impregnation is a very crude biological process.  See food chain. This isn’t some Divinely miraculous moment where gods hands smushes a sperm into an egg.

A hornet in my attic has life, was spraying equal to abortion? 

As for those devout Catholics that live by the book, own it, don’t eat shrimp, and enjoy that you will not burn in hell, but stop insisting everyone else follow your rules. 

this one topic has allowed a lot of lousy underperforming politicians jobs and probably kept good ones out to.

Abortion need to become a religious topic, not a policy topic. 

So just for consistency in your beliefs in 2022 men who get women pregnant  and aren’t ready or willing to be fathers don’t have to pay child support. Ever. And not be known as a dead beat right?

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Because this topic ***** matters. 

in 2022 girls who get pregnant that aren’t ready or willing to be mothers need the ability to opt out. 

Impregnation is a very crude biological process.  See food chain. This isn’t some Divinely miraculous moment where gods hands smushes a sperm into an egg.

A hornet in my attic has life, was spraying equal to abortion? 

As for those devout Catholics that live by the book, own it, don’t eat shrimp, and enjoy that you will not burn in hell, but stop insisting everyone else follow your rules. 

this one topic has allowed a lot of lousy underperforming politicians jobs and probably kept good ones out to.

Abortion need to become a religious topic, not a policy topic. 

No, it doesn’t, not at all.   You sound almost like a fundamentalist preacher here. It’s a complex subject, with lots of moving parts, and citizens have a right to have a seat at the table. 

I’ll backtrack a bit to find what you think the solution should be policy-wise, but in the meantime, what policy would you suggest? 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, it doesn’t, not at all.   You sound almost like a fundamentalist preacher here. It’s a complex subject, with lots of moving parts, and citizens have a right to have a seat at the table. 

I’ll backtrack a bit to find what you think the solution should be policy-wise, but in the meantime, what policy would you suggest? 

Simple- stop making your religious opinion a federal or statutory policy discussion. 

don’t believe in it- don’t do it. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Simple- stop making your religious opinion a federal or statutory policy discussion. 

Nothing religious about killing someone. I'm guessing you don't have kids? Go to an ultrasound and see that living human or babysit a newborn and see how helpless they are, I think it will change your perspective. Abortion should not be a form of birth control.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Don’t believe in it -don’t do it is the same saying as if you don’t want an abortion don’t get one, to which I say if you don’t believe in slaves don’t have any. But luckily there were those that would speak for those that were considered less than human

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Nothing religious about killing someone. I'm guessing you don't have kids? Go to an ultrasound and see that living human or babysit a newborn and see how helpless they are, I think it will change your perspective. Abortion should not be a form of birth control.

No- I have kids. And also remember a time when I was married and not ready to have kids. 
and also remember being unmarried and not ready to have kids.

trust me the best outcome has been, ready, want it, let’s go. 

My kids are awesome and wanted… not because of a law 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That’s the answer after the tear you went on?  

Ah, No, I’m unwilling to surrender my right as a citizen simply because my opinion is in conflict with yours.  Or, more accurately, because I’m right and you’re wrong, at least from my perspective. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s the answer after the tear you went on?  

Ah, No, I’m unwilling to surrender my right as a citizen simply because my opinion is in conflict with yours.  Or, more accurately, because I’m right and you’re wrong, at least from my perspective. 

let me reframe. I am 100% onboard with YOU deciding if YOU wish to have an abortion. It is up to you, your faith and your religious beliefs. Just as the same for everyone else. That’s freedom 

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Agree with all this. Also pro choice. But not vehemently so. It’s down around issue number 7756 for me. 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

let me reframe. I am 100% onboard with YOU deciding if YOU wish to have an abortion. It is up to you, your faith and your religious beliefs. Just as the same for everyone else. That’s freedom 

I already knew that, you made it clear in your original post. 

I also recognize that as a matter of conscience, you may support abortion up to delivery. 

The question is why you would suggest I shouldn’t have a seat at the table simply because you don’t like my position on when abortion should be legal or not.  That sounds more like tyranny than freedom. 

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Your lack of recognition that the argument is about balancing the life of child with that of mother's makes it hard to belief you are not a zealot on this topic. It is not religious to believe that a child's life should matter at some point before birth but a moral question. I have a direct question, what should be the limit for abortion, just up to birth?