The Players and Skill are fine...Their Heart is Not Right Now

Wizard

I have read both the "sky is falling" and the team is going through a "rough patch" after last Sunday.

The Bills have the right level of talent and skill, and they are going to be a contender out of the AFC. It's going to take some more guts and heart. Too many anointed the Bills as easily the best team in football up until this loss. Probably some players bought into that thinking as well. Any Given Sunday, any is beatable.

The Question is will the Bills remain like Rocky Balboa and take a second round beating to Clubber Lang and sit there?

Or, will the Bills get some fire in their bellies. Will less talented OL step up and try and maul the opposing DL? Will Josh Allen tell himself he's an MVP-level player that has played like a backup QB and work, grind, lead, and use his mind again to match his throwing and running talent?

Will the team make part of their process including stepping on the throat of another team on both sides of the ball?  Both the Packers and Jets, shut the Bills down in the 2nd half. Will they play 60 minutes?

Halloween and costume team-building parties are fun, but it's time to remove the mask of "we can win because we have talent."

Visit Apollo Creed. Learn to work, change-it-up (whatever it takes), come back hungry, determined, and relentless.

This is what the Bills need to regain their edge, win, and play tough and smart football. That fire and talent is what will get them in the ring and get a title.

Go get it, if you want it, Buffalo!

Edited by Wizard
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 1

There was something off about the team yesterday for sure.  With maybe 6 minutes left, they showed Diggs on the sideline and he had a 1000 yard stare.  He's probably the hardest working guy on the team, and the last one I'd expect to give up, especially with that much time left, but he did look like a guy looking forward to the game being over and getting out of there.  You'll never get everyone on the same page at the same time, but yesterday kind of felt that way, only in a negative sense

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wizard said:

I have read both the "sky is falling" and the team is going through a "rough patch" after last Sunday.

The Bills have the right level of talent and skill, and they are going to be a contender out of the AFC. It's going to take some more guts and heart. Too many anointed the Bills as easily the best team in football up until this loss. Probably some players bought into.thst thinking as well. Any Given Sunday, any is beatable.

The Question is will the Bills remain like Rocky Balboa and take a second round beating to Clubber Lang and sit there?

Or, will the Bills get some fire in their bellies. Will less talented OL step up and try and maul the opposing DL? Will Josh Allen tell himself he's an MVP-level player that has played like a backup QB and work, grind, lead, and use his mind again to match his throwing and running talent?

Will the team make part of their process including stepping on the throat of another team?  Both the Packers and Jets, shut the Bills down in the 2nd half. Will they play 60 minutes?

Halloween and costume team-building parties are fun, but it's time to remove the mask of "we can win because we have talent."

Visit Apollo Creed. Learn to work, change-it-up (whatever it takes), come back hungry, determined, and relentless.

This is what the Bills need to regain their edge, win, and play tough and smart football to get into the ring and get a title.

Go get it, if you want it, Buffalo!

I disagree about talent on the offensive side. Yes we have a highly ranked offense, but beyond Diggs and Allen, what do we have?  Davis has been playing like a JAG and a guy that could be kissing a second contract goodbye. Knox is not making plays and is being paid. The line is patched together and other than Dawkins and Morse is very average in talent. McKenzie is just not good in the slot. Horrible miscalculation in thinking he could replace Beasley who was Allen’s safety blanket. It’s clear Allen doesn’t trust him. Sorry…I just think we all need to take a second look at this offense and ask ourselves some tough questions on it’s overall talent level past our top 2 guys. 

31 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I disagree about talent on the offensive side. Yes we have a highly ranked offense, but beyond Diggs and Allen, what do we have?  Davis has been playing like a JAG and a guy that could be kissing a second contract goodbye. Knox is not making plays and is being paid. The line is patched together and other than Dawkins and Morse is very average in talent. McKenzie is just not good in the slot. Horrible miscalculation in thinking he could replace Beasley who was Allen’s safety blanket. It’s clear Allen doesn’t trust him. Sorry…I just think we all need to take a second look at this offense and ask ourselves some tough questions on it’s overall talent level past our top 2 guys. 

I don't know if it matters who plays in the slot or at tight end when Allen stares down diggs and davis like he did in this one.  

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

That’s my point dude…Allen doesn’t trust McKenzie. That’s obvious. 

He's not manipulating defenses with his eyes and he's holding onto the ball.  5 sacks is a lot for him, and he wasn't sharp when he was hitting receivers.  Singletary rescued a terrible throw, mckenzie scooped one off the ground and managed to still get the first. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.