Midday Monday thoughts

Buffalo716

Wow …. I try to stay off these boards for a day after a loss because I know how it gets here 

The bills were sloppy and the jets were motivated …

NOW … tons of people are writing the season off … throwing in the towel … this isn’t a sb team 

but come January there’s only one way to measure a football team …

and it’s by the highest of their highs NOT the lowest of lows 

we went to LA and dismantled the defending champs … dismantled the reigning #1 afc seed … went into arrowhead and beat the Mahomes led chiefs … came back from 17 down to beat Baltimore 

THESE are the highs you judge a team off… these are the Bills that usually show up … every team will have a few down games 

BUT THIS IS THE BILLS WE WILL GET IN JANUARY

Offensive execution and play calling must improve as well as some personnel decisions on defense but that comes with time … you don’t want to show your hand too early 

Everybody who is screaming for more 43 looks … Don’t realize that we could win 12 or 13 games without showing that look much

That’s an ace you maybe want to keep for the playoffs And it will surprise a team when they don’t see nickel… especially if we run an under look which Sean has been known to do

its a long season and the Bills will surely get out of this little lull and be a force come January 

We just have to get some players back and remain healthy

Trust the Process 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Trust the Process 

I trust the process.

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think part of the process that McDermott preaches has "sloppy play" in it.

While the loss to the Jets doesn't mean anyone has to jump out of a window, it also isn't meaningless.

Every loss now, affects who, when and where in January.  Don't you agree?

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I trust the process.

I don't think part of the process that McDermott preaches has "sloppy play" in it.

While the loss to the Jets doesn't mean anyone has to jump out of a window, it also isn't meaningless.

Every loss now, affects who, when and where in January.  Don't you agree?

Plenty of bills over the years and now Von Miller… Has stated that Josh is unlike any quarterback

That he’s a very laid-back and relaxed during the week… More fun not hyper focused

When we have big games… Josh is totally dialed in and you can sense it

Regular 1 PM games on Sunday.. That relaxed , that Laid-back Josh Allen shows up a lot more

Josh is the best under the bright lights… Most of his off games have been Sunday 1 PM games in the last two years

They’re following joshes lead

And this isn’t a knock on Josh because I still think he’s the best player in the world.. It’s just clear that sometimes he’s way too laid-back and the team follow suit

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Plenty of bills over the years and now Von Miller… Has stated that Josh is unlike any quarterback

That he’s a very laid-back and relaxed during the week… More fun not hyper focused

When we have big games… Josh is totally dialed in and you can sense it

Regular 1 PM games on Sunday.. That relaxed , that Laid-back Josh Allen shows up a lot more

Josh is the best under the bright lights… Most of his off games have been Sunday 1 PM games in the last two years

They’re following joshes lead

And this isn’t a knock on Josh because I still think he’s the best player in the world.. It’s just clear that sometimes he’s way too laid-back and the team follow suit

I agree.  But I'm sure everyone would prefer less playoff games and for them to be played in Orchard Park.

At least I think they would, I could be wrong.

My thoughts were... 

I audibly said "what the hell was that" when allen threw several passes in this one.  He wasn't good.

That davis drop was way worse upon replay, i thought the throw was poor in real time - he needs to come down with that.  

Run defense in the 4th quarter - as bad as it was.  And it was bad.... Buffalo stopped them and forced a FG.  2 minutes left, down 3, ball in allens hands?  You gotta think OT right?  And instead they came out and laid an egg.  I was expecting quick hitters to knox/mckenzie/shakir right up the middle of the field - spike it on any first downs and get yourself into FG range.  Instead we're holding the ball and trying to get the ball down the field - i just didn't get it.  2 minute offense needs work.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Wow …. I try to stay off these boards for a day after a loss because I know how it gets here 

NOW … tons of people are writing the season off … throwing in the towel … this isn’t a sb team 

we went to LA and dismantled the defending champs … dismantled the reigning #1 afc seed … went into arrowhead and beat the Mahomes led chiefs … came back from 17 down to beat Baltimore 

THESE are the highs you judge a team off… these are the Bills that usually show up … every team will have a few down games 

Offensive execution and play calling must improve as well as some personnel decisions on defense but that comes with time … you don’t want to show your hand too early 

Everybody who is screaming for more 43 looks … Don’t realize that we could win 12 or 13 games without showing that look much

That’s an ace you maybe want to keep for the playoffs And it will surprise a team when they don’t see nickel… especially if we run an under look which Sean has been known to do

its a long season and the Bills will surely get out of this little lull and be a force come January 

Trust the Process 

Oh, there's a way to judge a team in the playoffs based on the lowest of their lows.  That's for damned sure!

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Trust the Process 

Sentimental Hogwash

I am talking about the building and loan...

image.png.eb0285a2c2c0f7e138bfe40cb11c9287.png

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t see any major problem other than Josh Allens play and possible injury.  Our D will soon have Milano, Poyer and Tre’Davious back.  Hopefully Rousseau is ok.  

i liked what I saw from Cook.  

Dorsey needs to make some adjustments and get Cook, Hines and the short passing game back in rhythm.    We have guys that can get open and make defenses pay for doubling Diggs and preventing the over the top pass

Josh needs to play like the MVP he can be rather than the semi bum that he’s been the last 6 quarters. 

Edited by NewEra

My thoughts are the bills are elite team and are going to be fine

Anybody that thought this team was going to go undefeated was the deluding themselves

The bills playing at their top level this year can go anywhere in the playoffs and beat anybody

This is not like last year because last year to get our record off we were beating losing teams this year we are beating good teams with good QBs

We have also shaken off the mantra that we can’t win close games because we have in fact won close games this year

As with every team health will play a important part

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.