Colts name former Center and current ESPN analyst Jeff Saturday interim HC… wait, what?

YoloinOhio

I don’t know if this is about tanking. If it was, why not just keep Reich in place? They’ve already been losing.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe Jim Irsay trusts Jeff Saturday (he’s been a team consultant for years and was a colts player for over a decade before that. I believe he & Irsay are close) and wants his eyes & ears in the locker room to help figure out wtf is wrong with the team and figure out who needs to stay/go (and that might include the GM).

either that or this was a crazy out of the box hire by Ballard to try and save his job. He is a unique dude.

My guess is Irsay wanted someone in that locker room that could be his eyes and ears. He seems to have gone back to meddling in decisions again.

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fired the OC last week, now no one has ever called plays

Maybe Saturday should hire Wendi Nix to be his OC. Pretty sure she's never called plays either...

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Rumor is Ted Marchibroda will be coming back to call plays. 

Will Goodell & Ted's family give Irsay permission to exhume the body?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he was going to hire a guy with only high school coaching experience, he should have hired Jerry Smith, long time coach of St. Francis High.

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/7839/podcast-change-with-the-times-or-the-times-change-you-jerry-smith-st-francis-high-school-n-y

With close to 40 years of coaching experience at St. Francis High School (N.Y.), head coach Jerry Smith has seen a lot during his tenure. St. Francis alumni such as Brian Daboll (Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator), David Caldwell (Jacksonville Jaguars general manager) and Chris Polian (Indianapolis Colts vice president and general manager [2009-2011]) are just a few examples of the success stories under Coach Smith. He has witnessed how the game has evolved over time and he has changed with it. On today's episode of the Coach and Coordinator podcast, hear how a veteran coach has approached each day on the job with a fresh outlook.

I was hoping they would wait until an off-day...Tuesday to announce the hiring of Saturday..but they jumped and did it on a Monday....but at least they thought it over Sunday...good thing they dont play this Thursday...as an iterim I do see him lasting beyond black Friday...but not past Good Friday or Phat Tuesday (Mardi Gras)...

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t know if this is about tanking. If it was, why not just keep Reich in place? They’ve already been losing.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe Jim Irsay trusts Jeff Saturday (he’s been a team consultant for years and was a colts player for over a decade before that. I believe he & Irsay are close) and wants his eyes & ears in the locker room to help figure out wtf is wrong with the team and figure out who needs to stay/go (and that might include the GM).

either that or this was a crazy out of the box hire by Ballard to try and save his job. He is a unique dude.

My guess is Irsay wanted someone in that locker room that could be his eyes and ears. He seems to have gone back to meddling in decisions again.

Reich was 3-5-1 and had them playing well enough to (probably) finish with a pick in the 6-10 range. 

It's hard to see the Colts winning another game this year with Saturday as HC. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.